• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

MVC's, the ones we missed

gigapixels    99
I post in no more than 10 sub-forums, but I don't know why we're on this anyway, I'm not that fussed :D

Heh, I know it's no big deal but I like making sense of things :p

But yeah, take the case that you post in 10 subforums: Evenly spread out, your posts would be 10% in each... So it makes sense that if one is more (such as 13%) then all the others go down and therefore that 13% is the majority.

+.Vamp    3

Well done to the 4 new MVC's :)

Shof    0

glad for chconline :)

Sethos    270

Yup, he is definitely a great guy (Y)

mshepp    0

congrats guys

chconline    158
That's weird, I was just reading threads in the Hardware Hangout, and thinking to myself that chconline would be deserving for this award as he does help a lot in there. And now he has. :laugh:

Haha :p

Yup, he is definitely a great guy (Y)

Sure is. ;) :p Thanks buddy lol

Yusuf M.    1,362

Congratulations to the 4 new MVCs. You guys deserve it. (Y)

Scirwode    18

Congratulations to all the new MVC's, especially gwai lo and chconline who have helped me when it matters most (Y) !

Scirwode

Damo R.    29,658

Should we be worried Gwai lo hasn't been on the forum since September!

RadishTM    312

He's been notified of MVC status one way or the other (Y)

Radish?

Damo R.    29,658
He's been notified of MVC status one way or the othe(Y)Y)

Radish?

Thats cool, just looked at his profile and wondered you know when they aren't around you always wonder if something bad has happe:ermm:rmm:

Fred Derf    217
Should we be worried Gwai lo hasn't been on the forum since September!

So Gwai Lo is a ghost man?

Thats cool, just looked at his profile and wondered you know when they aren't around you always wonder if something bad has happened :ermm:

Something bad like a girlfriend probably did happen.

gwai lo    0

rofl, I got the emails and it was "o_0, what's this?"

How random, who would've though I'd get chosen for something like this. Thanks guys, yeah I haven't been around much, school totally ruins my life -_-. Yay for engineering? I haven't got to post or read much hardware news at all =/

How interesting that I would be recommended for something like this, seeing as I haven't been around for a few months. Thanks again guys, now that I'm on break I should be posting a bit more. My next semester looks simpler too, so hopefully I get more free time as well.

Oh, and Fred..a girlfriend did happen haha. Girlfriend + engineering = free time? no wai

Damo R.    29,658
rofl, I got the emails and it was "o_0, what's this?"

How random, who would've though I'd get chosen for something like this. Thanks guys, yeah I haven't been around much, school totally ruins my life -_-. Yay for engineering? I haven't got to post or read much hardware news at all =/

How interesting that I would be recommended for something like this, seeing as I haven't been around for a few months. Thanks again guys, now that I'm on break I should be posting a bit more. My next semester looks simpler too, so hopefully I get more free time as well.

Oh, and Fred..a girlfriend did happen haha. Girlfriend + engineering = free time? no wai

Glad to see you around!

I noticed you weren't around and thought but congrats man (Y) I know how school and college stuff can really take your time!

micwa    2

Lol I thought at first it was a Microsoft thing, because the first person I saw that had one was Brandon. I was like neat, they are showing who all works for MS. Haha.

Congrats you 4!! :woot:

+Elliot B.    1,544
Heh, I know it's no big deal but I like making sense of things :p

But yeah, take the case that you post in 10 subforums: Evenly spread out, your posts would be 10% in each... So it makes sense that if one is more (such as 13%) then all the others go down and therefore that 13% is the majority.

Ah well, seeing as a few people think my posts are more unreputable than someone who primarily posts in a more specific-topic sub-forum (as the (small) majority of mine are in General Discussion (well, posting funnies in the Jokes & Funny Stuff sub-forum specifically (and I very rarely even reply to threads in there))), I have decided to stop posting jokes in the Jokes & Funny Stuff sub-forum.

I will focus on the Gamers' Hangout from now on :)

Fred Derf    217

If this is about qualifying for the next round of MVCs, I would point out that I do not know of anyone who studied the most active forum data of the nominees. I'm sure at least one of our current MVCs were most inactive in a non-tech forum.

+Elliot B.    1,544
If this is about qualifying for the next round of MVCs, I would point out that I do not know of anyone who studied the most active forum data of the nominees. I'm sure at least one of our current MVCs were most inactive in a non-tech forum.

My rant wasn't really a rant. I honestly don't mind about the MVC thing at all, but I am little worried about my credability to most members. I like to think I have helped people (and I have certainly been helped countless times!) and I don't want my words tainted by members who bring up the fact I have most frequently posted (by a small amount) in the General Discussion forum.

+StevoFC    21
Ah well, seeing as a few people think my posts are more unreputable than someone who primarily posts in a more specific-topic sub-forum (as the (small) majority of mine are in General Discussion (well, posting funnies in the Jokes & Funny Stuff sub-forum specifically (and I very rarely even reply to threads in there))), I have decided to stop posting jokes in the Jokes & Funny Stuff sub-forum.

I will focus on the Gamers' Hangout from now on :)

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Obviously there must be a reason as to why you posted in those sections to begin with. To stop posting in them now just to try and get a badge makes no sense. :huh:

Edit: I see you just posted saying it has nothing to do with the MVC group, but if it never existed you wouldn't even think twice about posting differently...

Fred Derf    217
...and I don't want my words tainted by members who bring up the fact I have most frequently posted (by a small amount) in the General Discussion forum.

I just wanted to point out that I do not think it should be a problem.

Just think of yourself as a Renaissance Man.

+Elliot B.    1,544
That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Obviously there must be a reason as to why you posted in those sections to begin with. To stop posting in them now just to try and get a badge makes no sense. :huh:

No, I've said multiple times, I don't care about the badge.

It's just I know myself I rarely reply to topics in the General Discussion forum, yet 13% (the majority in this case) of my posts are in there and I want to shift away from that. I have more to offer in specific topic-related forums, and I do offer that as much as I can, and I feel it's overshadowed by the 13% majority in the General Discussion forum (which, to me, isn't as credible as a majority in some other sub-forums) if that makes sense.

Sethos    270

I'm extremely confused right now, my immediate reaction is; So what if a big chunk of your posts are in General Discussion. Wanna provide some assistance & help in the Hardware section or Games section, then go ahead, why all this fuss about percentages? It's like caring about your post-count :s

Please slap me if i completely missed the point.

Fred Derf    217
I'm extremely confused right now, my immediate reaction is; So what if a big chunk of your posts are in General Discussion. Wanna provide some assistance & help in the Hardware section or Games section, then go ahead, why all this fuss about percentages? It's like caring about your post-count :s

I think you get the point completely but now I am disappointed that I don't get to slap you. :cry:

+Elliot B.    1,544

Well it's the old-age thing of "he doesn't have many posts, I'd rather truth the advice of the other guy, he has a lot more".

Whilst that is daft, people still believe it and I am worried people will not take any advice I give seriously due to my apparent higher activity in the General Discussion forum (which is on similar lines to the above).

Sethos    270
Whilst that is daft, people still believe it and I am worried people will not take any advice I give seriously due to my apparent higher activity in the General Discussion forum (which is on similar lines to the above).

You are kidding me, right?

I've been here for some time ( Long than one would think :ninja: ), I have never looked at a members 'section-dedication' if they gave me advice/help. I haven't even heard of anyone turning down help, because the member had more posts in another section, It's absurd.

If you see someone with a problem you can solve, post the solution and the guy will probably be thankful ;)