360 RROD Poll

I had a launch console. Worked great up until Thanksgiving this year. It got the RROD so I sent it in for repair. I got it back and 3 days later got the RROD again, but this time it continued working so I haven't sent it back yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though.

I'm on my 4th 360. First one started locking up after the warranty expired. Went out and bought a core. That worked for about 3 months. Then i turned it on one day to receive a nice red flashing light and a very friendly message with an error code of 69. Booo. Sent it back to MS and got a replacement. About 2 weeks after getting the replacement, it stopped reading any of my xbox1 originals. Called for RMA, and whilst waiting for the box it stopped reading some of my regular 360 discs (which were unscathed, with little to no scratches). I received that replacement in August. That one, is still working ok (Knock on wood). All of these were the regular chipset (not falcon) and the new one does NOT have the additional heatsinks and stuff that MS has been putting in some replacements. So 4 in just under 2 years. Bleehh..... :no:

I don't see any poll there :s

Top right-hand corner of Neowin, you don't see a poll there?

What browser are you using?

As for the question at hand, I had one RROD and sold the box when it was fixed along with all accessories. I never did much gaming to begin with, so my life really hasn't been that affected without it.

Edited by Hurmoth

lol, thats what im waiting for/wanting

I wouldn't count on definitely getting a new one. They've repaired mine twice for RROD, I still have the original one I bought on launch day. :/

1st Console: Original (premium)

Ran for 15 months before the dreaded RROD

awaiting the coffin to ship it back in.

I have a coworker who is on console #6

1st Console: Original (basic -launch day console)

2nd Console: Original (basic)

3rd Console: Original (basic)

4th Console: Original (basic)

5th Console: Original (Premium)

6th Console: Falcon 65nm (4 months and going strong)

I wouldn't count on definitely getting a new one. They've repaired mine twice for RROD, I still have the original one I bought on launch day. :/

This is why I'm glad I live in Canada. Our consumer protection laws stipulate defective electronics must be replaced, not repaired.

Bought one in September, lasted a week. Took it back and met a guy in line on his 6th. I gave up and returned it.

Funny thing, I was in Target and their display model had a RROD! :)

I bought a Premium back in Nov 2006, and I've only had 1 RROD. The rest have been various other issues.

For those interested, I've given an approximate timeline for the replacements and repairs.

1st replacement around February due to random hangs during gameplay -- only started after playing Gears of War. :p

2nd replacement around June due to RROD.

3rd replacement around October to fix random not turning on, E-codes and "disk is dirty" messages.

4th time was a repair around November to fix "disk is dirty" messages.

0 RR0D, but i have sent my 360 back twice to be "repaired" because the disc drive enjoys scratching my games.

I got Assassin's Creed for christmas, popped it in my 360, played it for literally 30 minutes before it was all scratched up...

I got it in January of 07.

Bought one in may, had no RRODs, but a couple of weeks ago it started displaying everything wrong; ie not at all. I then arranged a repair from microsoft (on the 15th Dec), so that they'd send me a box to send it back to them in, yet I still havent recieved said box. Given that they want it within 20 days I'm getting a bit (impatient and) peeved, but I'm guessing its something to do with the christmas post..

Received 360 Christmas 2006, RROD Halloween 2007. No trouble since *knocks wood with crossed fingers*

Pro system, was warranty repaired, not replaced.

Edited by Laparka2

I purchased my first Xbox360 in December 2006.

It suffered the Red Ring of Death in September 2007 and was replaced exactly one month later.

My second replaced Xbox360 I received in October of 2007 has now begun exhibiting disk tray malfunction as of today.

That means my first Xbox360 failed within 9 months and my second Xbox 360's disk drive is failing after only 3 months.

Well mines from launch premium back in 05, no RROD but recently I had a disk tray malfunction. Since my 360's case is modded I just ordered a whole new drive off of ebay and fixed it myself.

Edited by salis

No RROD, but my 360 Elite's optical drive failed with an Open Tray error after less than two weeks. It was a hitachi drive in a Falcon. Pretty poor, its back to the shop tomorrow, should be as simple as straight replacement with a new one as its within its 28 days. Hope I can keep my HDD though, game saves and all :(

0 RROD's

I have had my console for more than 2.5 years

Original Design

Premium

I use my 360 a lot, and it has only froze once in a game when I hit the Xbox button.

+1 here