• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin HP Giveaway, enter now!

MChino    0

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support. Yes, I will admit, I have always been a lurker and the contest was a big motivator to join. But win or lose, I plan on staying.

fix-this!    76
Thanks everyone for your kind words of support. Yes, I will admit, I have always been a lurker and the contest was a big motivator to join. But win or lose, I plan on staying.

glad to hear it

if you win the laptop how much can i buy it from you for ? :whistle:

j/k :D

OrangesOfCourse    12

i hope mine made it into the list. :)

MChino    0
glad to hear it

if you win the laptop how much can i buy it from you for ? :whistle:

j/k :D

Oh, I am sure when Windows 10 Home Edition comes out you can get it from me for a cool bargain. ;)

Rob    20

Well I just registered my vote ;)

fix-this!    76
Well I just registered my vote ;)

any hints ? :shifty:

:D

Rob    20
any hints ? :shifty:

:D

Hmmm I'm sure someone can come up with that horrific video clip of Sarah Palin outside after voting saying about it's 'cool' that in America you don't have to say who you voted for :p

fix-this!    76
Hmmm I'm sure someone can come up with that horrific video clip of Sarah Palin outside after voting saying about it's 'cool' that in America you don't have to say who you voted for :p

i was just pulling your leg rob, my wife wants that laptop but she put no effort in helping me make my submission. :crazy:

Rob    20
i was just pulling your leg rob, my wife wants that laptop but she put no effort in helping me make my submission. :crazy:

Heh yeah don't worry I was only joking too. My girlfriend helped me vote, she loved the creativity of the entries.

+warwagon    13,202

I will say out of all of the websites having this competition, neowin.net is by far the easiest to navigate and the cleanest looking of them all.

Most of the time I couldn't find my way around the site because the navigation was horrible. One that comes to mind is chris pirillo's site. He has that weird flash looking box that pops up as a square and loads the link that you click on. But after a few seconds the page refreshes back to a normal screen. So the point of the animated square was?

gigapixels    99
I will say out of all of the websites having this competition, neowin.net is by far the easiest to navigate and the cleanest looking of them all.

Most of the time I couldn't find my way around the site because the navigation was horrible. One that comes to mind is chris pirillo's site. He has that weird flash looking box that pops up as a square and loads the link that you click on. But after a few seconds the page refreshes back to a normal screen. So the point of the animated square was?

It's Chris Pirillo... What do you expect? :whistle:

+warwagon    13,202
It's Chris Pirillo... What do you expect? :whistle:

I also think that this sites contest was the least confusing on what to do and how to enter. Using Chris Pirillo as another example if you clicked on his HP giveaway link it would say you had to submit your entry via his contact page. But if you clicked another HP giveaway link on his site it took you to pretty much the same looking page, but this time it said you had to email it to him at his email address.

gigapixels    99

Once again... :laugh:

But seriously, I do think it was very well run here. I wish I could take some credit, but I didn't have any ideas :(

Hiveon    0
Just to update everyone, we are beginning the judging process and getting ready for all our staff to vote on the entries. We have managed to get the entries down to 25 which the staff will vote on shortly. We should have the list of winners during the week :) Good luck and thanks for all the great entries!

Is it possible to release the top 25 entries that you have narrowed it down to?

Jigoku    41

I agree 100%.

I also like the fact that Neowin's contest takes effort and creativity in order to have a chance. Most of the other hp contests simply want you to subscribe to their mailing list, paste a link on twitter or something else that takes a minute to accomplish. :/

+warwagon    13,202
Is it possible to release the top 25 entries that you have narrowed it down to?

Ya that would be kind of fun. That would get the blood pumping. Who needs Drugs!!! :laugh:

Rob    20

It's not my decision, but don't get your hopes up. The methods of judging are internal to staff and to avoid anyone questioning why their entry wasn't in the short list I'd recommend not divulging.

tomwarren    68

We won't be releasing the top 25 unfortunately :) you will know soon enough, just waiting on more staff to vote and then we can announce them. I'd expect an announcement by mid week providing we have had a satisfactory amount of staff vote by then.

Edited by creamhackered

cardg    0

Crossing fingers!

Let us know as soon as possible! (im checking this post more than twice a day, lol)

:iiam:

Ambroos    801

You'd have no idea of how I feel everytime I get an email from Neowin, that afterwards just tells me I have a PM :p

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm    263

man I could do with some good news, i've been looking at the gallery checking out the other entries, good stuff.

Wannes    38
You'd have no idea of how I feel everytime I get an email from Neowin, that afterwards just tells me I have a PM :p

You could turn that off so an e-mail would look more special. :p

MChino    0

I am eagerly waiting the announcement checking back regularly for updates. I assume the Neowin staff will anounce everything publicly this week.

Colin-uk    135

Some pretty cool entries there ;)

Hiveon    0

I'm just curious, is there a page that list all of the neowin staff? I'm curious to know how many of you guys/gals there are.