[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Right, that's exactly what I did. Those damn ghosts in the school freaked me out. I wanted to leave that area quickly, haha. The original didn't scare me at all but this demo already made me tense and fidgety.

The room being pitch black and the sound turned way up didn't effect me either... :laugh:

I don't know, I'll give the full game a shot because with something like this, I can't judge with just a demo.

Played the Demo finally, better than I thought it was going to be.

A game I would definately buy when its cheaper.

Though before that I might have to play the first.

You could easily catch up on the story online and save the money tbh. You aren't missing much by not playing the first imo. Although you'd definitely appreciate the changes made in 2 a lot more :laugh:

I really didn't like the mech part, just hope that isn't in the game so much.

It was only a short level so I am guessing it will get scarier.

Anyhow, pre-ordered the game for cheap so looking forward to playing it (Y):)

I hope the MP might be semi-decent as well.

Okay, here's why I personnaly won't be buying the game. I have played the demo and here are my two cents.

-Graphics. Obviously they are better than in the original, but this game could have been released in mid-2007 and no one would have been excited about the graphics.

-Visual effects. The grainy noise-blur, the HUD (and possibly the fact that there were two black bars ot the top and bottom of my screen even though the resolution is set at 1024x768) made me feel too distanced from the game. I didn't feel like I was in it. Also, video games CAN NOT simulate focus (blurring things I am not aiming at). It just doesn't work for me.

-Mech. Seriously what the hell? These mech moments are the same as any mech moments from any other game. Uninspired, unoriginal, and out of place.

-Pace. You have a set of rooms with generic commandos in them, then you have another set of rooms with hallucinations and poltergeist. This results in predictable gameplay and zero replayability (but that is to be expected from a horror game).

-Ghosts. Ghosts are flickering, floating baddies that come towards me and that I have to shoot. An unscary annoyance.

-Horror. I was never scared. It was all very cheesy, especially the intro. It was like in an idiot movie where all the characters succumb to a horrible, incomprehensible and completely unavoidable death except for the protagonist who is a special person in the plotline and doesn't have to fear these dangers. Like I said before, I didn't feel like I was in it. The game was trying to impose its' horror. I don't like it when I can hear my character panting and his heart racing, and yet I'm not scared.

Yeah, the focus stuff really annoys me in games.. I always find my self looking at something blurry, or the game can't quite decide what I'm looking at.

Yeah I agree on the gfx, they aren't anything special by any means, even more so when you see KZ2 coming out a few weeks later and what it looks like.

He he he, KZ2 has been probably been worked on since early 2006 and by a lot more people so I'm not surprised. Maybe COD5 for more of a graphical comparison (in terms of work time and being out on 3 systems)?

this is a gorgeous looking game, i don't know what you people are talking about. Killzone...not that i'll really get to play it, but why the comparison necessarily? i think compare it to the other FEAR games, maybe? Monolith did good here - visually speaking. of course the gameplay is more of the same, we knew it would be so.

as for our fellow up there bemoaning the so-called generic structure, that's what you get with shooters. it comes with the territory, don't know what you expect.

I got the feeling they oversaturated the graphics for the intent of jazzing the over the top physics and explosions. Similar style as the first game where things don't just fall down...they have to fly thirty feet in the air first :p

I can see some people liking it less than others, but it definately works for me. I can't wait :)

Did anyone find that things exploded for no real reason, without a noise and having a rather "empty" feeling, visually?

It took me a while to realise that I shot a barrell... kinda took away from the game.

Also, what's with the "throw cover" nonsense?

I'll probably nab it from a mate, since he's pre-ordered it.

Did anyone find that things exploded for no real reason, without a noise and having a rather "empty" feeling, visually?

It took me a while to realise that I shot a barrell... kinda took away from the game.

Also, what's with the "throw cover" nonsense?

I'll probably nab it from a mate, since he's pre-ordered it.

haha yeah the throw cover is so dumb, I was hiding behind this like stretcher, and it asked me if I wanted to use it for cover and my guy just shoves it over so it's no longer giving me cover, I was like WTF :laugh:

Do you guys know when the Demo is available for XBL Silver members? If it is available at all?

Not yet. There is a two week waiting period for all new demos. If you have a good PC you can download that.

Tbh I thoroughly enjoyed the demo, no probs here. Decent Gfx, decent setting plot and story. Nice immersion. Only wee , well big niggle if it isnt sorted was that the A.I seemed a little crummy to that of the games predessor. Where are the commandos who would flank you and work in teams to supress you?

I do find it a bit of a LOL that the fps scene is deviod of anything for months then soon as something hits its slated for having bad gfx, no replay value etc etc all on the back of a 10-15min demo, mind you I guess I cant draw any real conclusion to the game myself thru it but meh. Lot of folk on here seem to love to post there opinions purely based around the cynical attention seekers views. But hey thats my "2 cents" as it were.

Hmmm, just saw a few people in this mentioning these freezes as well, it's like auto-save kicks in and freezes the game for a second? Happens pretty frequently :/

FEAR and its expansions do the same thing.