Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

Upgrade from 7048 to 7057 went smooth. Desktop.ini bug did happen. Fixed it. I however do not have the problems people are having with Task Manager.

@terroradagio.. the Desktop.ini bug is about the notepad keep appearing whenever you boot up is it? If so, how did you solve? I remember seeing it somewhere in one of the pages here. But i can't seem to find it now..

You must delete it from the startup folder. Here is a link to instructions:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/03/13/f...s-7-build-7057/

Another issue I am hoping someone can fix is being able to disable taskbar thumbnails. Pre 7048 you could go into gpedit.msc and disable it within there, but since 7048 and also in this 7057 doing it from within gpedit.msc has no effect. Anyone know a workaround?

On the topic of taskbar thumbnails, if you have WMP open and you minimize it and you move your cursor over WMP selection, the taskbar preview will show the cover art upside down. Funny bug.

I did a custom (clean) install on one my computers using 7057 x86 yesterday. That went very well.

However, doing the upgrade on a different computer (laptop) using 7057 x86 boot DVD, I can't do an upgrade from 7048 x86. It tells me I need Vista with SP1 to upgrade. The same thing happens if I start setup.exe from the hard drive. Apparently they are now doing a version check during installation. Just some FYI.

Did you upgrade from Vista to Windows 7? That may be a reason that happened. Weird bug.

So i guess there is no need to actually go to my motherboard's official site and download the drivers eh?

Where did Windows 7 go and get the drivers from anyway?

From their own database or ?

As they get bug reports on various hardware and software external to Microsoft, they contact the manufacturer and provide the feedback and telemetry data for the problem. When the designated company gets the software fixed or the driver updated, they send it back to Microsoft for inclusion in the build or for Windows Update.

As they get bug reports on various hardware and software external to Microsoft, they contact the manufacturer and provide the feedback and telemetry data for the problem. When the designated company gets the software fixed or the driver updated, they send it back to Microsoft for inclusion in the build or for Windows Update.

So i can assume that the drivers from windows update are the latest drivers available?

My recovery on my HP laptop is on my d-partition, vista, software and all files are on D. Can I install this build and safely return to vista afterwards if things go wrong or will it overwrite my D--partition also?

I reeeeaaaaly want windows 7 :blush:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but one major change:

As promised, they've implemented the UAC changes in this build. The UAC level screen now spawns in a separate process "UserAccountControlSettings.exe" (probably with high integrity) and any changes will throw a prompt regardless of the currently set level. (Y)

edit: was mentioned already, oops. :happy: Here's a screenshot:

post-99705-1236930073_thumb.png

Edited by rm20010

Build 7062 might release :D anyway im not wasting my bandwidth for 7057 because RC is couple of weeks away :)

This is just a rumor right now. It hasn't been confirmed. :no:

I was trying to install some new drivers for my motherboard and i get this....

First time i experience this. Any idea?

*NOTE: This below screenshot is not the program i was installing. I forget to take a screenshot hence i just took a picture that has the similar error.

post-37289-1236929824.png

Are you able to pin the Recycle Bin onto taskbar in this build? That is one thing which annoys me greatly in build 7000 :(

I hate having icons on my desktop and it annoys me having to go into the 'Start' menu every time I need to empty my Recycle Bin.

Actually in build 7000 you can drag the bin to taskbar and it will be pinned in the Explorer jumplist.

Thank you for that information. If we are not able to pin the Recycle Bin itself to the taskbar, I may have to pin Windows Explorer and do that :)

Thank you for that information. If we are not able to pin the Recycle Bin itself to the taskbar, I may have to pin Windows Explorer and do that :)

ok i just tryed it out and u can pin the recycle bin to the task bar (on 7057 der)

7057.0.090305-2000_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso

3.2 GB

MD5=3e262526f9a758c5b3624910a05c2699 
SHA1=b79d4552a7a871901e881ae308f9188e04a4f929 
CRC32=22ef1237

it`s up now, google it now..

7057.0.090305-2000_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso

3.2 GB

MD5=3e262526f9a758c5b3624910a05c2699 
SHA1=b79d4552a7a871901e881ae308f9188e04a4f929 
CRC32=22ef1237

it`s up now, google it now..

mmm not yet my friend...

anyone have any difficulties with their nic when they update via windows update?? mine's been problematic since 7048. connects to the network, but no internet access. have to do a restart and everything is fine, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for hours. don't know what to make of it. If i don't update, then it works fine.

Radio channels thing dissapeared from windows media player library...

calculator has only 3 menu (now two menus content putted in one menu)