I've finally switched!

Well goodnight all, It's been fun but I'm gonna go weep for yet another happy mac thread turned flame war.

Can't we all just get along?

And now, for one of my favorite quotes:

"F*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you, you're cool, f*ck you I'm out!"

benchmark one against the other and find out for your self

How long have you been using a computer? Since when does performance rate whether a computer is good or not? NEVER!! Until you actually use a Mac, you're killing any credibility you had here.

By the way, Adobe Premier is a very bad program compared to FCP. There really is no comparison. And FCP4 is coming out this summer to widen the gap.

I just have to say, that in the history of the Mac section at Neowin, this is possibly the worst thread....ever.

lmao i had fun guys talk to yall later it was a good war i dont hate ya i was just wondering why dont business run macs instead of pcs? hmmmmmmmmmmm when was a mac ever a server? hmmmmmmmm

lmao i had fun guys talk to yall later it was a good war i dont hate ya i was just wondering why dont business run macs instead of pcs? hmmmmmmmmmmm when was a mac ever a server? hmmmmmmmm

You are an idiot. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you crushed it.

clicky-click here, Corky.

"F*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you, you're cool, f*ck you I'm out!"

Gold ... Pure and utter Gold!

It all comes down to personal preference. PERIOD.

Just to let you know, I feel for you Jack31081. Flame wars suck, especially when your thread turns into one. Shame on you all!

Edited by Jstphish

there's a reason why windows has 90% market share. so why bother arguing which is better?

It's called monopolistic and illegal business practices, and often outright theft of intellectual property. You been living under a rock for the past few years?

back, alright I never said macs suck like blzd is, sure they might not do as good as a pc in some cases but in others they're a bit better. IMO though there is no reason to buy a expensive mac, I got 2 macs at my school, 1 runs os 9 (for reasons unknown) and the other an imac runs osx, its pretty but I don't see my self using it for day to day work, since I game more than work :)

My god. I can't believe how off-topic this thread has become. My apologies to Jack31081 for not getting here earlier. Comments made by members like blzd|sicmade are prime examples of trolling behavior. This is a violation of our community ruleset. If you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion than you are strongly advised against participating. Saying such things as "macs suck" or "get a pc" are counter productive. Why even go into the mac section if you have no interest here? Leave it to the people that do and STFU!

your just upset and were right pc's rule

look im sorry too sound so childish but i just gotta have my say and i love a good debate and this one is a debate ill never forget

blzd- ever heard of xserve? id say about 100% of your points on why macs "suck" have been directly proved wrong, but your contribution is appreciated. people stop flaming mac forums, especially if you have no ieda what youre talking about.

your just upset and were right pc's rule

look im sorry too sound so childish but i just gotta have my say and i love a good debate and this one is a debate ill never forget

lol right-o moron. Part of a debate is that you provide factual evidence to back up your claims. You have done nothing other than spout non-sensical drivel that only goes to show you have no clue what you are talking about. Our members here have consistently shot you down time and time again. Your intentions here are quite clear to me and that is to cause a disruption. You have ruined what was a reasonably good thread. I will say one last time. If you can not participate maturely and keep ON TOPIC than you will have to leave.

Uh, Apple never fixed the TiPowerBook... The paint still scratches away if you wear a watch... It just does not bubble off anymore.

The Aluminum PowerBook scratches too.

So does the plastic on a Dell, gateway, IBM, HP, etc. I have never seen a laptop that actually moves *not* get scratched. Acually, loook at any portable device you own, I would be willing to bet that anything you actually take with you on a regular basis is scratched, cracked, or in other ways harmed. It happens. The only way I know around this is to get a computer made out of cotton. But then it might shrink, or if you wash it with reds, she could turn pink :p

-SD

i wear my watch while using my TiBook. its been six months and its still like brand new, i'm serious. :) don't know why you guys said it gets scratched easily.

and no SD, most of my gadgets don't get scratched easily.. my digicam, camcorder, mobile, pda, walkman... all of them are with me for more than 3 months, and you'll find no scratches on them at all. i take really good care with my stuff.;) but i've only had the new iPod for like 3 days and its scratched. goddamnit! my sister's sucky one-year-old compaq laptop doesn't even have a scratch on it..

there's really something wrong with the material Apple uses for iBook & iPod. believe it or not, i scratched the screen of my new iPod even more when i use a microfibre cleaning cloth to clean my fingerprint! how ridiculous is that?!

Because their user base isn't composed of a bunch of ignorant clueless jerkoffs that sit around running benchmarks to prove to strangers online how fast their perpetually outdated system is?
That sounds EXACTLY like Mac elitists to me.
Like DreamWorks, Pixar faced a massive job in porting its existing code. Pixar finished the Linux port of all its internal software, about two million lines, in May. RenderMan command line tools have been available on Linux since 1999. RenderMan Artist Tools, for use with Linux Maya, are now in beta testing. "Porting went very fast, averaging 2000 lines of code per developer day," says Peachey. "The port to Linux is straightforward, where Windows is difficult." Pixar has more than 500 SGI desktops and uses Sun servers for its renderfarm. About 30 Linux machines are in use for software development, and 20 Linux machines are used in production. By fall, at least 100 Linux desktops are expected to be used in production. Pixar's next film, Finding Nemo (release date summer 2003), is to be produced primarily using Linux systems.

Steve Jobs' own company uses linux rather than macs because they're so slow.

as for the Xserves, who would buy one of those things? They are massively expensive and only do the job of a linux computer a quarter of their price. Your telling me that a system administrator with money to spend on an xserve can't manage to administrate a linux server? i don't think so.