[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Robert Bowling discusses Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer (video interview)

http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/17/robert-bow...-2-multiplayer/

Just a few things:

-Deathstreaks as well as killstreaks

-Prestige at 70 rather than 55

-Hints at only SP achievements

-No public beta

And loads of other stuff, this is definitely one 15 minute interview that you want to watch.

Edited by Jimmy0

it looks fantastic. my only gripe is the blood splatter. just not digging it..

I don't like it either, but I suppose that it's supposed to make it harder for you to see and shoot an enemy, unlike the red outline on CoD4, which really did nothing at all except make you go "Oh ****! I'm almost dead!"

Does anyone think that they will have a "reason" to prestige like WaW in the sense of more custom classes?

In the interview he mentions there are rewards for going prestige.

GAME snags Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Pack exclusive...

That’s right. For “only” ?120 you can buy yet another insane Modern Warfare special edition, courtesy of GAME.

The Veteran Pack is basically the Hardened Edition with a 12″ statue of Soap MacTavish.

Here’s the full thing:

* Unique Gift Box Packaging

* “Captain Soap MacTavish” ultra-premium ARTFX Statue sculpted by Kotobukiya

* 1/6-scale, 12″ tall if standing upright

* Depicts Modern Warfare veteran Cpt. “Soap” MacTavish of Task Force 141, equipped with custom snow camouflage and weaponry as seen in “Cliffhanger” mission from Modern Warfare 2

* 3 sets of interchangeable weapons and arms, including: Dual ice-climbing pickaxes (pictured) Dual .45 caliber pistols, M14 Enhanced Battle Rifle (affixes to Soap’s back when not in use)

* Environmental ice base stores alternate weapons when not in use

Plus…

The Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition, including…

* Premium, special-edition SteelBook™ case with custom artwork by Infinity Ward

* Hardbound art book, “Behind the Lines”, designed by artists at Infinity Ward, featuring the art of Modern Warfare 2

* Call of Duty Classic full downloadable game. For the first time ever, Infinity Ward’s 2003 award-winning game that launched a franchise comes to consoles. Relive the original Call of Duty experience in HD; winner of over 80 Game of the Year Awards and 50 Editor’s Choice Awards

* Modern Warfare 2 full game

You need a GAME card to buy one. You can get it for either PS3 or 360. It’s out on November 11.

Source:> http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/18/game-snags...pack-exclusive/GAME:> http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=107...av-_-codmodwar2

http://twitpic.com/hzk7z

:blink::

Edited by Jimmy0

OKie so how many versions are there now? Can some one post pictures of the cheapest version to this ?120 one...?

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-War...9579&sr=8-1

There are 3 versions: Standard ($59.99), Hardened ($79.99), and Prestige Edition ($149.99).

I am hoping to get the hardened editon because I want the CoD Classic.:DD

Notice there is no SP menu there.

Does that mean it's another separate disc ala Halo 3: ODST?

I'm assuming the "Quit" menu option returns you to the main menu, where you can pick between single and multi-player.

I just played some Call of Duty 4 and had fun but it quickly made me realise, there's quite a few things that needs fixing. One thing that bothers me the most is Claymores, they are fun to have and it does give you a nice feeling whenever someone steps in one of yours but they really need to implement some sort of counter, like being able to quietly disarm them. I mean, most players with just a bit of common sense knows how / where to place those ******* so you can't spot them until you're pretty much standing in-front of them and if you are lucky to avoid them, you still need to get rid of them some times to progress which means ... shooting them, that alerts the enemy team.

Also stuff like the RPG, that thing should have a much longer preparing timer and it should have a more realistic arming range, being able to kill someone 10ft in front of you is pathetic and annoying - Let it be a weapon you can't pull out in 3 seconds and fire off a shot.

Grenade Launchers, get 'em out ... just get them the hell out of the game. :sleep:

Those are my main issues that annoy me to DEATH every time I play - I really hope they've done something to correct or change these things else I might not play the game for long because they are such a MASSIVE part of every match and they really give me a stress headache.

There's a PERK that allows you to see all explosives very easily, including claymores.

I said disarm and you don't think I know there's a perk to see explosives after playing the game for a year? jeez.

Only thing that always bugged me about COD4, and all games in this particular multiplayer genre, like CS or TF2, is that the players are always dying. I hate constant deaths and constant respawning. It frequently cuts people out of the action and can be quite frustrating. I would prefer a game where player deaths didn't occur so often. Or at least, that gave more health or more resistance to the hits (perks just don't do enough).