• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

POLL: Move post count to profiles only?

Removing post count from posts  

549 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CrashG    439
Yes, I have nothing against it.

What about the From field?

I hope it's not removed, it's actually useful when people are asking for links to computer parts and knowing where in the world they are helps provide relevant links.

As for the post count and join dates, it really doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

Awsta    2
As for the post count and join dates, it really doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

Same for me, doesn't matter. Don't have much posts at the moment anyway. Can't think of a benifit for showing the post count or join date as well.

buckboii    3

meh doesnt matter.

Steve B.    467

Not fussed, do kind of like it and the stars but otherwise if they're gone I'm not going to be too distraught.

Minifig    40

Can we remove the post count, the from field, but keep the stars?

+Anarkii    2,252

Name

*no post count*

Group

*no join date*

*dont need 'from'

*dont need member number*

Thats all you really need. The warn should show up for yourself and the mods/admin. At lvl 60 it should have a confirmation with the post so you think twice before you post.

tiagosilva29    952
I hope it's not removed, it's actually useful when people are asking for links to computer parts and knowing where in the world they are helps provide relevant links.

I'm not asking it to be removed, just asking if it would be moved the same way to the profile page.

Minifig    40
Name

*no post count*

Group

*no join date*

*dont need 'from'

*dont need member number*

Thats all you really need. The warn should show up for yourself and the mods/admin. At lvl 60 it should have a confirmation with the post so you think twice before you post.

_furiousnod__by_Zikes.gif

CrashG    439

Ok, so removed wasn't quite the right term. :p

That would still be somewhat inconvenient, I guess if it happens I'll just start asking "what part of the world are you in?" before posting links to hardware. ;)

Lee G.    234

Yes.

Lilrich    47

In another forum i am a member of they refuse to show members their postcount on any public page to try and keep spam to a minimum i think it is a good idea and could be welcomed here.

jwjw1    93

I don't care too much about the post count...but seeing the warning level during post should stay. I was given a warning increase by mistake because it was suppose to be just a verbal reprimand, I hardly visit my own profile and probably would never have caught it with time to question it or have it corrected..had it not been shown with post...as for the stress..the only stress one should have is using common sense before posting...because you CAN see your warning levels more often.

James7    659

I suspect that:

Voters of 'Yes, hide it in the profiles' would not alter their posting behaviour if post counts were moved to profiles

Voters of 'No, keep it where it is' would in fact be less likely to post if post counts were moved to profiles, as this seems to be something important to them

---

I may be wrong here, but, if that is true, then it would make sense to keep things as they are. :)

Fred Derf    217
Would you keep the Stars? And the Group associated with it?

I was thinking of moving just the actual count but leaving the Starts and Badge. Different staffers may have different ideas but this was what I assumed.

Coldgunner    12

I would like it like this...

Description

Stars

Group badge

Status

Group

From

I would personally prefer to keep the post count, but if people don't want it then so be it. Can we keep the stars? its one thing knowing who is new, but I'd like to know who are major contributors.

kizzaaa    13

I like to keep my post count low (so it doesn't look like I'm spamming or always posting crap, lol) so I think it could help some people contribute more?

markjensen    98

I see no real advantage in removing the post count.

Who gets obsessed or upset over these stupid things, anyway?

Jimmy0    38

I'm not really fussed either way, however I think James7 above has a valid point - the people who voted no could drop on the level of posting on the site.

Just something to think about I guess.

episode    626

Yes.

But on one condition: Leave Rappy's showing.

Fubar    114

why is rappy so special? seriously hes just another user with a high post count get over it lol

MrChainsaw    25

lolpostcount

I don't really care.

episode    626
why is rappy so special? serious hes just another user with a high post count get over it lol

Calm down. No reason to get all hot and bothered.

More than anything, it was a joke.

Fubar    114
Calm down. No reason to get all hot and bothered.

More than anything, it was a joke.

I am calm I'm just wondering what's all the fascination with the poor guy

bdsams    365

I personally like being able to see it and will miss it and the stars, if they are gone

BajiRav    2,137

No, keep the post count. Don't care much about stars. :/