Should have used the masterball. Even if you put it to sleep it still runs away. :/

I didn't have a chance! I just walked out of the 4th gym and into the water to try out my new Surf ability! :cry:

Did you save after that? I think that what determines if it's shiny is the first encounter, so if you run into it again, it'd STILL be shiny.

YES!!!! I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST SHINY!

Spr_4h_073_s.png

Edit 5 minutes later as I just got to my PC box: He's a serious nature too!!!! :woot:

Spr_4h_073_s.png

Edit 5 minutes later as I just got to my PC box: He's a serious nature too!!!! :woot:

You're lucky with shinies then, and Raikou will stay shiny on every encounter btw.

Spr_4h_073_s.png

Maybe we should just get an update at the end of each day instead of an individual post every time something happens, you can call it "Minifigs Pokemon Update" :p

You're lucky with shinies then, and Raikou will stay shiny on every encounter btw.

I hope so, I'm not sure if I restarted or not :unsure: :(

A shiny Tentacruel and Raikou. Damn you're one lucky person, Minifig. I had over 500 hours in the original Gold version on the GBC and I only encountered (and captured) one shiny: a [pink] Sneasel. Aren't the odds of finding a shiny Pok?mon around 1 in 8,000?

I have never caught a shiny or seen a shiny other than the red garydos and the shiny Pikachu Gamestop was giving away. Luckies. :(

The only shinys i got was the Red Garydos in Gold/Silver and a Geodude on Diamond (then my cousin put a new game so i lost it). I hope i can get another shiny in HG.

I got my first shiny ever like a week ago (Raticate), and I've been playing the games since the late 90's. I probably won't ever see another random encounter one I bet, but I got Platinum finally and am trying to beat it so I can try to chain for shinies. I want a shiny Ponyta. T_T

A shiny Tentacruel and Raikou. Damn you're one lucky person, Minifig. I had over 500 hours in the original Gold version on the GBC and I only encountered (and captured) one shiny: a [pink] Sneasel. Aren't the odds of finding a shiny Pok?mon around 1 in 8,000?

1 in 8,185

1 in 8,185

Nope. 1 in 8,192. Believe me, I know, I'm obsessed with 'em. If you are doing it egg-wise, the chance is 4x higher (1 in 2,048) if two two parents are of different languages, like a Japanese Ditto and English other Pokemon. Chaining in DPPt can get the odds down to about 1/256 (32x greater chance) but it's hard work. And RNG Abuse (also in DPPt) gives you a 100% chance of a shiny egg if you do it right, though some people consider that cheating.

I wonder if he'll still be shiny if I powered off after the encounter and forgot to save....

Well, a 1 in 8,192 chance of it, i you powered off after. Well go look for him again! It's pretty easy! He shows up on your map at the bottom. Keep flying to Ecruteak City until he's on one of the paths you can walk to without flying and go into the grass there and you'll probably see him (they change locations each time you fly). Not too hard. False Swipe and Dusk Balls help a lot too.

Well, a 1 in 8,192 chance of it, i you powered off after. Well go look for him again! It's pretty easy! He shows up on your map at the bottom. Keep flying to Ecruteak City until he's on one of the paths you can walk to without flying and go into the grass there and you'll probably see him (they change locations each time you fly). Not too hard. False Swipe and Dusk Balls help a lot too.

Yeah, I need to beat the Metal Gym though first.

Nope. 1 in 8,192. Believe me, I know, I'm obsessed with 'em. If you are doing it egg-wise, the chance is 4x higher (1 in 2,048) if two two parents are of different languages, like a Japanese Ditto and English other Pokemon. Chaining in DPPt can get the odds down to about 1/256 (32x greater chance) but it's hard work. And RNG Abuse (also in DPPt) gives you a 100% chance of a shiny egg if you do it right, though some people consider that cheating.

Damn... :| And I thought I was obsessed with Pok?mon. I actually had to look up those abbreviations ("RNG", "DPPt"). Anyway, I checked out some YouTube videos on the various methods of acquiring shiny pok?mon and some people wrote that they spent days, weeks, and even months looking for their favourite shiny pok?mon.

Damn... :| And I thought I was obsessed with Pok?mon. I actually had to look up those abbreviations ("RNG", "DPPt"). Anyway, I checked out some YouTube videos on the various methods of acquiring shiny pok?mon and some people wrote that they spent days, weeks, and even months looking for their favourite shiny pok?mon.

Yeah... I care not one bit about competitive battling, IVs, etc., but when it comes to shinies, I'm oddly obsessed, at least considering I only have two! I recently made a collage of all my favorite shinies. Heh heh.

post-334492-12710619773771.png

Also, it would appear that except for three Pokemon (Sandslash, Charizard, and Gyrados), every shiny I really like contains/is lavendar, flourescent blue, green, or golden. XDDD Also, my absolute favorites are Beedril, Dratini, Marill/Azurmarill, Vaporeon, Corsola, Teddiursa, Quagsire, Ponyta, Spheal, and Ditto. Especially Ponyta. Shiny Ponyta is the bomb.

I dunno, I'm just obsessed with them for some reason. I couldn't tell you why.

In all the years I've played I've only ever found 2 shiny Pokemon, one was a shiny Shinx Spr_4p_403_m_s.png which I managed to catch but really annoying was a Graveler Spr_4h_075_s.png which used self destruct before I could do anything :(

I actually have no shinies of my own, I got traded a Togekiss which is very good and that's about it.

I have s shiny Gyarados, but then, who doesn't. :p

But I haven't come across any more shiny Pokemon thus far, back on the original Gold I did get a Shiny Mareep, but that was it, lol.

So, I was fed up with Pidgeot sucking, so I traded it to my Pearl version for a Staraptor. Much better overall.

So, I was fed up with Pidgeot sucking, so I traded it to my Pearl version for a Staraptor. Much better overall.

I'm looking forward to getting the national Pokedex, then trading over some Pokemon from Platinum to change my team up a bit.

I'm looking forward to getting the national Pokedex, then trading over some Pokemon from Platinum to change my team up a bit.

Yeah, it's like I checked the stats of my Pidgeot at the same level as Staraptor. And Staraptor has about 40 higher Atk, 10 higher HP, and 30 higher speed. Yes it has less Sp.Def and Sp.Atk. But who needs those on Staraptor? And what are the chances of it surviving a Thunderbolt/Ice Beam anyway.