Kenyan official: Obama born here

That seems to be something that's wrong with American culture. It seems like every American is ashamed to be an American and are always saying that they are from somewhere else.

Virtually every person I speak to is 1/2 Irish or 1/2 Scots or 1/2 German or similar. No their not, they were born in America and are American.

How can you be 1/2 Irish? Your mother started labor when you were in Ireland, maybe your head popped out. She got on a plane, held the rest of you in until you landed in America then the rest of you popped out?

I know the arguements about heritage and ancestory etc. etc. but why can't Americans just say that they are American? Why are they so ashamed that they have to be from somewhere else, just because 100's of years ago a member of their family was born somewhere else?

You don't hear Scots, English, Italians etc. saying that they're 1/2 this and 1/2 that. They are whatever nationality of the country they were born in, no matter whether 100 years ago somebody from their family tree was born somewhere else. Ancestory has nothing to do with it. You are the nationality of where you were born.

I was born in Germany to American parents who just happen to be chilling out there. Does that make me full German? But my heritage is both Irish and German. Most people I know base their heritage off their blood line, not where they were born.

9/11 Truthers are indeed considered to be kooks.

Maybe to seek the truth is seen as kooky by anti-conspiracy kooks, but it only seems logical to most of us. Besides, you are a conspiracy theorist if you believe the "official" story of 9/11, the official story itself is a conspiracy theory.

I've met less than a dozen Americans who were proud enough to say that they are actually American. Everybody in America wants to be from somewhere else.

I happen to be American, born and raised, and damned proud of it. My heritage, however, is German, Irish and English. I don't claim any country, other than America, as my home country.

Your generalization, while indicative of your limited experience, is plain false.

I've never met another natural born American who claimed to be from another country. Maybe the fact that I'm from a military family and have traveled a lot more than most makes the difference.

• Like 2

Maybe to seek the truth is seen as kooky by anti-conspiracy kooks, but it only seems logical to most of us. Besides, you are a conspiracy theorist if you believe the "official" story of 9/11, the official story itself is a conspiracy theory.

aAeU7.jpg

I was born in Germany to American parents who just happen to be chilling out there. Does that make me full German? But my heritage is both Irish and German. Most people I know base their heritage off their blood line, not where they were born.

My mom came from Germany at age 9...my father is also German...so I am full German. Do I think about the German heritage?...not much. I am an American...my blood is German.

I was born in Germany to American parents who just happen to be chilling out there. Does that make me full German?

Yes, if you were born there. Unless you were born on a military base in which case things get a little fuzzy.

Ancestry doesn't come into it. This is an American thing whereby they want to have history, they want to be something they are not, etc.

If you argue for ancestry then you argue that everyone on the planet is a middle easterner.

Why can't Americans just be proud enough to say "I'm American" rather than saying "I'm half German and half Irish", especially since the latter is physically impossible.

My mom came from Germany at age 9...my father is also German...so I am full German. Do I think about the German heritage?...not much. I am an American...my blood is German.

The point is, its subjective to each person how they view it. It doesnt mean Obama was actually born in Kenya

9/11 Truthers are kooks because they are obsessed with it, and will willfully reject all known facts to maintain their conspiracy theories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crank_(person)#Common_characteristics_of_cranks

The point is, its subjective to each person how they view it. It doesnt mean Obama was actually born in Kenya

It's not subjective. It's physical reality.

In your case, being born in Germany. You cite both your parents being Americans. Thing is, when asked it's about you, not your parents.

Here's two prime examples of what I'm talking about :-

One of my best friends was married to someone in the RAF who was stationed in England. She fell pregnant. A week before she was due to give birth, she insisted on travelling back to her parents in Scotland as she did not want to have an English baby, even though both her and her husband were Scottish.

Point 2:

A mexican woman gets pregnant. Her husband is also Mexican. However she travels illegally across the border to the USA and has the baby here in USA. The baby is American. So it's not just the physical reality of it, it's also the law. This is one of the "loopholes" that illegals use to gain residency and citizenship in the USA.

It's not subjective. It's physical reality.

In your case, being born in Germany. You cite both your parents being Americans. Thing is, when asked it's about you, not your parents.

Here's two prime examples of what I'm talking about :-

One of my best friends was married to someone in the RAF who was stationed in England. She fell pregnant. A week before she was due to give birth, she insisted on travelling back to her parents in Scotland as she did not want to have an English baby, even though both her and her husband were Scottish.

Point 2:

A mexican woman gets pregnant. Her husband is also Mexican. However she travels illegally across the border to the USA and has the baby here in USA. The baby is American. So it's not just the physical reality of it, it's also the law. This is one of the "loopholes" that illegals use to gain residency and citizenship in the USA.

Its still not a reality that Obama was born in Kenya. And if a child is born in the US, that child is a citizen not the parents. Thats still all based on legal aspect and not about heritage. That child can still say his heritage is Mexican which is true.

Heritage refers to something which is inherited from one's ancestors.
  • Like 1

This guy submits a negative tot he request, his higher ups hate Obama also and want him to provide a birth certificate, how can they do that, COURT MARTIAL!!! Now Obama will have to submit his birth cert or this dude flies free, and if this dude flies free they will all fly free.

Obama can only do one of the two, submit or acquit.

This guy submits a negative tot he request, his higher ups hate Obama also and want him to provide a birth certificate, how can they do that, COURT MARTIAL!!! Now Obama will have to submit his birth cert or this dude flies free, and if this dude flies free they will all fly free.

No. He's already shown his Birth Certificate. Get over it.

You know what I don't get. If Obama really isn't a citizen and this grand conspiracy was covered up, what on earth makes anyone think that they could trust any information he or the government provides? Even if he personally invited you over to his home to see the birth certificate, how would you know they didn't just have a fake one made? You don't, and I also suspect this is the conspiracy theorists' "out." Even if he shows them personally the documentation, they will simply discard it as a forgery (in fact, this is how they have responded to the documentation that is currently public.) There is absolutely no way to win against these people, because they are not rational.

• Like 1

Bat**** insane right-wingers. Gotta love them.

I guess racism isn't dead.

Bat**** insane right-wingers. Gotta love them.

I guess racism isn't dead.

How is this racism? I ****ing hate Obama. I don't give a **** about anybody else. That **** will burn in hell.

How is this racism? I ****ing hate Obama. I don't give a **** about anybody else. That **** will burn in hell.

It's racist because you think he was born in Kenya and because you want to see his birth certificate.

And you also don't help your cause by the above comments or the comments after that one either.

It's racist because you think he was born in Kenya and because you want to see his birth certificate.

And you also don't help your cause by the above comments or the comments after that one either.

Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] Or, on the opposite side, racism can be described[weasel words] as the belief that a certain race or races portray undesirable characteristics . In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or receive preferential treatment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] Or, on the opposite side, racism can be described[weasel words] as the belief that a certain race or races portray undesirable characteristics . In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or receive preferential treatment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

I'm all for Wikipedia links.. but not for definitions of words.

rac?ism

   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA

?noun

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

You don't like the fact that you have a black president. We get it. Get over it. Go cry some more.

I knew this would happen with Obama, any criticism of this administration will be silenced with claims of racism. The Obama administration itself plays the race card 10x more than anyone else, but then again I wouldn't expect anything else at this point.

I knew this would happen with Obama, any criticism of this administration will be silenced with claims of racism. The Obama administration itself plays the race card 10x more than anyone else, but then again I wouldn't expect anything else at this point.

Well see, when you look at what's happened since Obama became president. It's easy to spot the closet racists from a mile away now.

I'm all for Wikipedia links.. but not for definitions of words.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

You don't like the fact that you have a black president. We get it. Get over it. Go cry some more.

His mother was white.

Well see, when you look at what's happened since Obama became president. It's easy to spot the closet racists from a mile away now.

because we don't like one person?

That makes a ton of sense....

You might be right if people were on the streets all over saying I hate black people, but I haven't seen that...

(here comes the trolls with the propaganda about how the tea party is a bunch of racists, just ignore it)