AMD has released a new graphics driver version 22.4.2 today. The new release fixes a missing display mode issue on some FreeSync panels when running certain Radeon GPUs. Also from now on, the AMD graphics driver will notify its users when certain CPU-related settings, among others, are altered by Radeon Performance Tuning options. If you aren't informed about this issue, you can read more about it here.
The full release notes are given below:
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt™.
- Display mode of 4K 120Hz may be missing on some FreeSync™ displays using some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
- GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
- Some users on Windows® 10 operating system may observe the absence of the windows transparency aero effect.
- Display may flicker black while switching tabs between video playback and gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Using Radeon™ Super Resolution on 2560x1600 resolution displays may produce a system hang. A temporary workaround is to set the display Scaling Mode to Full Panel.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.4.2 installation package contains the following:
- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.4.2 Driver Version 21.50.21.07 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.15021.7000).
- Ryzen CPU Overclock settings may be changed after resetting or importing a profile from Radeon Performance Tuning Options. Users will now be notified of the applicable devices being changed.
- AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
To download the new 22.4.2 driver, head over to the release notes page where you can find the download links for driver. You can also opt to download the driver using the Radeon Adrenalin software by choosing the "Recommended + Optional" software version. That's because the new driver is not a Microsoft WHQL-certified release.