eMule is a free peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing client for Microsoft Windows that was launched in 2002 as an alternative to eDonkey2000. To date, eMule is one of the world’s largest and most trustworthy P2P file-sharing clients. eMule includes advanced search features, file checks for corruptions while downloading, a preview while downloading function, and a credit system to reward frequent uploads.
- Kad network support
- Queue and credit system
- Intelligent corruption control
- Simultaneous downloads with preview
- Built in Web services/server
- Advanced search
- Messaging system
What's new in this version:
- Reworking of the upload code and better IO handling, which allows eMule to more efficiently handle high bandwidth lines, utilizing the full upload capacity (which means others can download faster).
- Optimized internal handling of the AICH hashes, the replacement of the (defunct) Filedonkey search option with the ContentDB and the update of used libraries, like miniupnpc making UPnP compatible with more devices.
- The "official" development IDE has changed from VS2003 to VS2008.
- Minor bugfixes and changes.