Eraser is an advanced security tool (for Windows), which allows you to completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns. Works with Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Windows 2003 Server and DOS.Eraser is Free software and its source code is released under GNU General Public License. The patterns used for overwriting are based on Peter Gutmann's paper "Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory" and they are selected to effectively remove magnetic remnants from the hard drive. Other methods include the one defined in the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual of the US Department of Defence and overwriting with pseudorandom data. You can also define your own overwriting methods.
* Erases Files and Folders.
* Erases Files/Folders that were only previously 'deleted'.
* Erases all hard drives using 'Darik's Boot and Nuke' method.
* Erases Encrypted Files and Drives.
* Erases FreeSpace on 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and DOS.
* Erases contents of the Recycle Bin.
* Erases Network Files, Floppy Disks, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW.
* Supports FAT32 and NTFS Files Systems
* Erases Compressed Files and Drives and more...