Back in April, the development team behind Grand Theft Auto V announced the Rockstar Editor, allowing PC gamers to easily create, edit and upload video clips based on their in-game antics in and around the fictional city of Los Santos, SA. It was originally believed that the Editor would be exclusive to the PC version of GTA V, but in May, Rockstar announced that it will also make its way to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Three and a half months have passed since then, but Rockstar has now revealed that the Editor will be available for the Xbox One and PS4 next month. It will arrive as part of a broader update for GTA V and GTA Online on both consoles, and on the PC as well. New features in the Editor will include:
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You'll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits -- we're tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.
Rockstar also made a point of highlighting the fact that once its September update rolls out, all three of the platforms that it supports "will be in on the action", and rather teasingly suggests that you should "stay tuned for more info about that".
Sadly, though, as the company has previously stated, the technical limitations of the older Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 mean that the Editor will not be released for those consoles.
Source: Rockstar Games