Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
What's new in Firefox 94.0:
- With 94, you’ll find a selection of six fun seasonal Colorways (available for a limited time only). Now you can find a color to suit (or lift) your every mood.
- Firefox macOS now uses Apple's low power mode for fullscreen video on sites such as YouTube and Twitch. This meaningfully extends battery life in long viewing sessions. Now your kids can find out what the fox says on a loop without you ever missing a beat…
- With this release, power users can use about:unloads to release system resources by manually unloading tabs without closing them.
- On Windows, there will now be fewer interruptions because Firefox won’t prompt you for updates. Instead, a background agent will download and install updates even if Firefox is closed.
- And on Linux, we’ve improved WebGL performance and reduced power consumption for many users.
- To better protect all Firefox users against side-channel attacks such as Spectre, we’ve introduced Site Isolation. We’ve got your back...errr...side!
- We’re rolling out the Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension with Mozilla VPN integration. This lets you use a different server location for each container.
- Firefox no longer warns you by default when you exit the browser or close a window using a menu, button, or three-key command. This should cut back on unwelcome notifications which is always nice--however, if you prefer a bit of notice, you’ll still have full control over the quit/close modal behavior. All warnings can be managed within Firefox Settings. No worries! (More details)
- And now, Firefox supports the new Snap Layouts menus when running on Windows 11.
- We’ve reduced the overhead of using performance.mark() and performance.measure() APIs with a large set of performance entries.
- Plus, we’ve modified paint suppression during load to greatly improve warmload performance in Site Isolation mode.
- We’ve also implemented better scheduling of garbage collection which has improved some pageload benchmarks.
- This release also sees reduced CPU usage during socket polling for HTTPS connections.
- Additionally, you’ll notice faster storage initialization.
- We’ve also improved cold startup by reducing main thread I/O.
- Plus, closing devtools now reclaims more memory than ever before.
- And we’ve improved pageload (especially with Site Isolation mode) by setting a higher priority for loading and displaying images.
- Various security fixes
- Enterprise users now have more control over Firefox deployments with the availability of our MSIX package on Windows platforms.
- You’ll also notice various bug fixes and new policies have been implemented in this latest version of Firefox. See more details in the Firefox for Enterprise 94 Release Notes.
With the release of Firefox 94, we would like to thank all the developers who contributed their first code change to Firefox in this release, 5 of whom were brand new volunteers! Please join us in thanking each of these diligent and enthusiastic individuals, and take a look at their contributions:
- bvandersloot: Bug 1671182 - Remove "cache" feature from Clear-Site-Data
- colin.cazabet: Bug 1619312 - Highlighting all occurrences of a selected token, Bug 1654257 - Images with incorrect mime-type won't appear when Network is filtered with "Images"
- Ben: Bug 1656651 - Improve the management and reporting of the pausing of RSS feeds.
- Hanna Jones: Bug 1723989 - Printing modal animation is displayed even when the show animation is switched off on Windows
- Noah Pesta: Bug 1699593 - Remove default icon styles from info-pages.css .title class
- Shaoting Huang: Bug 1712370 - Rename --panel-banner-item-warning-icon-bgcolor variable
Download: Firefox 94.0.2 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 94.0.2 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
Download: Firefox for MacOS | 124.0 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
6 Comments - Add comment