WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.21 is a major application update. New features and enhancements include:
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.77. That includes support for rsa-sha2-256 and rsa-sha2-512 SSH public key algorithms and improved support for HTTP proxies with SSH.
- Support for ACL for S3 protocol.
- Support for file masks relative to the root of an operation.
- Streaming support in .NET assembly and scripting for FTP protocol.
- It is possible to import sessions from OpenSSH config file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware