What was the last movie you watched? (2013 Edition)

Super Cyclone - just really terrible 1/10

I second that. I couldn't watch it all. The acting was awful and it was sooo low budget. I'd actually give it 0/10, lol.

The Impossible - 8 / 10 - Made me want to man-cry a couple times, better than I expected.

Rush Hour - 7.5 / 10 - Good old formulaic action comedy

Rush Hour 2 - 7.5 / 10 - Just as good

Rush Hour 3 - 6 / 10 - Not nearly as good as the first two.

Edit: Forgot one

I give it a year - 8 / 10 - I laughed, a lot. pretty interesting chick flick if you have to see one.

The Life of Pi

8/10

One of the best cinematography i've ever seen. Such a beautiful movie. A really nice story beautifully told. A must see if you like movies (people with atheism as a religion might not like/understand the ending tough).

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

7.5/10

Nothing unexpected here if you have already read the book and seen lotr movies by Jackson. The magic of the middle earth recreation by Jackson might not be as powerful as it was for lotr but it's still a nice movie for the fans of the Tolkien books (like me). The movie is something like 2 hours and 40 minutes long and i did not look at my watch once. Usually this is a good thing ;) recommended if you liked lotr movies and liked the book.

Chernobyl Diaries

5.5/10

I can't fault the director for trying to do something with a low budget. But trying aint enough in this case (not even close to be). The atrocious script did not help him tough. The beginning of the movie is actually sort of nice. Nothing special but still totally watchable. But the end is stupid. Does the soviet union type of jokes still work ? The ending was way too easy and did not challenge the viewer. Acting was poor. Script was poor. It was basically a lower quality The Descent set in Chernobyl. The special effects (or lack of) and the recreation of Chernobyl was okay considering the low budget of the movie. No excuse for the bad acting and bad script tough. Movies like The Descent, Eden Lake, The Hills Have Eyes or High Tension are far superior.

Limitless - 8.5 / 10 - Loved it. Good narrative throughout as well, could 'watch' it with headphones and still follow along nicely.