UPGRADE DAY!

One other problem. Clicking on the title of this thread from the New Content page takes me to the first page of the thread rather than the page I'm up to. Also, the title is still bold on the New Content page once I've finished reading the thread so it makes it look as if there are new posts (despite the fact that there weren't any).

the "view new content" page works a little differently in the new version of IPB, to go to the first unread post click the icon to the left of the title instead of the title itself, and when there are no longer any unread posts that icon will no longer be lit up and clickable

We do definitely need alternative themes. This one's too light. On top of being hard on the eyes because of all the light colors, it uses more energy from your monitor so it's not a "green" theme.

Freaking impatient ducks, they ain't done.....

Well, they should have tested it with a sample number of users instead of transforming the whole community into test dummies. You are bound to get users leaving the community by doing this.

people, just like after every upgrade (and this had been said in many threads including this one)

alternate themes will come AFTER the post upgrade bugs get fixed, for now you are stuck with the default Pegasus theme

people, just like after every upgrade (and this had been said in many threads including this one)

alternate themes will come AFTER the post upgrade bugs get fixed, for now you are stuck with the default Pegasus theme

Fair enough. Too bad the default theme is so ugly :p

Well, they should have tested it with a sample number of users instead of transforming the whole community into test dummies. You are bound to get users leaving the community by doing this.

This thread has been open for almost 2 weeks: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1023684-test-drive-neowin-on-ipb-32/

All members had a chance to test it and say what they liked and disliked. We can't fix things that people don't complain about ;)

still getting the driver error every now and again

i assume that's just due to the devs working on the forums files to fix bugs?

While my eyes burn from the brightness, so far the forums seem really, really slow. I clicked to refresh a few pages literally 5 minutes ago, and I'm STILL waiting for them to load. They do load eventually, but so far it takes a minimum of 60 seconds or so for a page to load. Hope its fixed soon, getting tired of waiting for every page I click to load for a few minutes.

The only minor minor part I do not like is the the sorting method on the right of "Show New Content". Other than that...I freaking love it. :heart: :heart: :heart: I would take 3.2 out and even call her the next day.

I've also found if your old Avatar was really pixelated, simply delete it and reupload it and it should fix it, even if the size hasn't changed.

the "view new content" page works a little differently in the new version of IPB, to go to the first unread post click the icon to the left of the title instead of the title itself, and when there are no longer any unread posts that icon will no longer be lit up and clickable

Hmmm, that seems like a big step backward but it doesn't work either. Clicking on the bullet to the left of the title just takes me to the first post in the thread rather than the point that I've read to.

I'm starting to wonder why the forum was upgraded and what the benefits are meant to be :/

We do definitely need alternative themes. This one's too light. On top of being hard on the eyes because of all the light colors, it uses more energy from your monitor so it's not a "green" theme.

Well all the light colors and lack of contrast is horrible, especially on laptop screens which generally have contrast problems.

However unless, your monitor is a plasma screen, there's no difference in energy usage on black or white screens. You're confusing a myth from the old CRT days and from modern phones.

My laptop doesn't have contrast issues, nor does my other one. Yes it is a bright theme and I prefer dark themes, but people are over exaggerating the point. It is not that hard to read stuff even had my mom who has bad eye sight look and no problems for her.