How to avoid Mandatory upgrade to Windows Live Essentials 2011 version.

Andrea made an excellent (irony) post about Windows 8 and Metro over on the XDA forums: http://forum.xda-dev...25&postcount=31

A short excerpt:

They were probably meant to be "funny", but still. Andrea Borman is a danger to the internet. Ambroos Vaes.

She actually made a similar post on here too (about contacting the Prime Minister and the Human Rights nonsense).

She's either the dumbest person I've ever seen on this site or a comical genius. Like, Andy Kaufman level of genius. Regardless, this thread nearly gave me a drinking problem.

I am almost 100% certain that she was being serious, and was not trying to be funny at all.

Which is ****ing hilarious. :woot:

I think the staff may have to rethink the whole Andrea Borman issue.

What seem to her realistic and serious issues are really just bate to point out she is not doing it right and after she ignores people trying to direct her in the correct way to do things people are getting frustrated with it and reacting all be it wrongly.

Obviously we can't take much action against Andrea as she seems to really believe she is doing right and blindly ignores anyone telling her otherwise. However for every post she makes prompts 10+ bad responses to her.

Don't get me wrong I think we should take her posting rights away or set Budman on her, but Neowin as a whole needs to do something.

Like I said before (and strangely cannot find the post). She has problems, I'm guessing something on the autism spectrum. I no longer think she is a troll, I think it's a case of someone who's mind is running away with them, and no comprehension for other people's comments.

• Like 3

Well I have learned a lot about computers since a year ago.

Last year I did not know how to use the email clients. But some told me what the POP server was for GMail and Hotmail and I wrote it down. But it's on Google anyway. So now I am using Windows Mail and Outlook Express.

When Windows 8 Consumer Preview first came out I was upset at first that you could no longer disable the Metro theme. But other people on the Windows forums told me you could install Start Menu 7 or Vi start and get the start button and Windows 7 start menu back. So I decided to give Windows 8 one more chanced and installed it again.

But this time I formatted my C drive to get rid of the Windows old folders which took up a lot of space. And now I am using Windows 8 Release Preview. With Classic Shell so I have the Windows XP start menu of course.

And now I have learned how to install operating systems. So now i do clean installs of Windows 7,I have bought several Windows 7 DVDs. So I no longer have to do system recovery or factory restore. Except on my Windows XP and Windows Vista laptops. Because in England they don't sell Windows XP and Windows Vista DVDs anymore,only Windows 7.

But back to the topic I found this post on the Microsoft Answers forums and a member of staff is saying that the mandatory update is also on Windows Live Mail 2009.

See here-http://answers.micro...0e-55d6d7fa1bcb

But that is not true. Because I have tried Windows Live Mail 2009 and it is still working. And I can send and receive email on Windows Live Mail 2009.

So the person is being told wrong on the Microsoft Answers forum.

But lots of people don't want to upgrade to WLE 2011 version. And don't see the need to. After all we use WLE 2009 on Windows XP so why not use it on Windows 7.

And I don't use Windows Live Mail now because I am using Windows Mail which is more simple looking. Not so many add ons. And that person who advise the member on Microsoft Answers forums that he cannot use WL Mail 2009 now,which is not true. Did not tell him that he could use Windows Mail from Windows Vista,like I do. Which also works on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

And look on Johnathon Kay's Messenger blog.He is the man who invented Messenger Reviver which blocks the update to 2011 version. And he updates the software with every new update Microsoft makes.

See here-http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/

So I am not the only one who does not want to use Windows Live Essentials 2011 version. And yes,you can stay on Windows Live Essentials 2009 version. And I am still using it and so are a lot of other Windows 7 users. Andrea Borman.