Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

geeze yeah, i dunno, i'd have to see the hit again, after reading what niemenan said. but to put the flames down a man for the last 5min of the game (at home), when they were only down a goal, is a pretty big punishment.

did the flames win or lose that game against detroit when he was suspended?

I beleive they won the game

you are correct they won the game. I remember they saying something about that during the game after he was ejected from the game.

Yes we may have had one hit but this was led up to what it is today. Not counting anything that wasn't called in Game 1 or 2 which to say we got called for everything in game one lots of which were crap. But if you take the major hits in game three and four here it goes.

Game three. Ruslan Fedotenko was drilled into the wall. Now we had Pavel Kubina elbowed in the head all in game three. Now we had Fedotenko drilled into the glass. This was the hit that drew the line. That doesn't count the many holding and tripping calls that weren't called against the Flames. Now we had our fare share of holding and tripping calls not called but the amount not called for the bolts is far fewer than the Flames.

The fact is the Flames had very little called against them the whole series while the lighning had very little called for them and worse they had stuff call against them that were the worst calls I've ever seen. The fact is that the Flames were getting away with way too much and they went further and further on what they could get away with and they went just too far. You can say they gave the Bolts the game but you had plenty of time to score the whole game. We Bolts fans can say you were given the game in game 1 and we have a better reason to think this about game one than you do about game 4.

Now if those of you can't see all the stuff that the Flames got away with and all the stuff that the bolts didn't have called against the flames and you saw all the things that were just crap calls againsts Tampa and you think that the game 4 hit wasn't dirty you have a real problem with reality. I've said this from game 1 and now since they took it way too far its finally being talked about and something is being done. This was not out of the blue in any way shape or form.

Yes we may have had one hit but this was led up to what it is today.  Not counting anything that wasn't called in Game 1 or 2 which to say we got called for everything in game one lots of which were crap.  But if you take the major hits in game three and four here it goes.

Game three.  Ruslan Fedotenko was drilled into the wall.  Now we had Pavel Kubina elbowed in the head all in game three.  Now we had Fedotenko drilled into the glass.  This was the hit that drew the line.  That doesn't count the many holding and tripping calls that weren't called against the Flames.  Now we had our fare share of holding and tripping calls not called but the amount not called for the bolts is far fewer than the Flames.

The fact is the Flames had very little called against them the whole series while the lighning had very little called for them and worse they had stuff call against them that were the worst calls I've ever seen.  The fact is that the Flames were getting away with way too much and they went further and further on what they could get away with and they went just too far.  You can say they gave the Bolts the game but you had plenty of time to score the whole game.  We Bolts fans can say you were given the game in game 1 and we have a better reason to think this about game one than you do about game 4.

Now if those of you can't see all the stuff that the Flames got away with and all the stuff that the bolts didn't have called against the flames and you saw all the things that were just crap calls againsts Tampa and you think that the game 4 hit wasn't dirty you have a real problem with reality.  I've said this from game 1 and now since they took it way too far its finally being talked about and something is being done.  This was not out of the blue in any way shape or form.

Yah the Flames will beat you any way they can.

I think He's a Lightning fan

1-0 Flames Gelinas PP

Flames 3-2 OT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bounce:

HELL YA MAN BARLY ANY POWER PLAYS AND CALGARY FLAMES OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :bounce: :spam: :fun: :hump: :rofl: GO FLAMES GO :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ONE MORE BABY BOOOYA :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

awesome :woot: .. ive got mixed emotions.. i wanna see a game 7.. but i'd really like calgary to win it on home ice.. those fans really deserve it.. canada deserves it

Calgary is going to win the cup on home ice.... Everyone in Calgary will party and getting TOTALLY drunk!!! Hell I am getting drunk too if they win! :p