Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

im like the only American rooting for the canadian team. :unsure:

Nothing wrong with that. I was rooting for the Avs since the beginning. Since they're out, GO FLAMES!!!

Great game Flames. Also some great saves as well. We didn't take advantage of scoring chances and that we will have to improve in coming games to win. But the Flames had things going there way and they took full advantage of it. Well with that said since the Bolts have been winning every other game we will see what happens in the next game. I think the Bolts can win if they take advantage of just one damn shot which they had plenty of very good chances. As far as I'm concerned if the Bolts start taking advantage of those good chances the Flames will have quite a tough road ahead but that doesn't mean crap until we take advantage of it.

Just great saves is all it comes down to and those streaks can turn very quickly the question is when it will happen.

But still a great game by the Flames and very fun to watch for the most part.

The was a great goal at the end like other said. Do any of you think that dome is the coolest design. Very clever indeed. Oh on a side note what did you think of that budwiser ad about having to be american to be president of beers. That was the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Those are the ads that should have been in last years superbowl even though what they had weren't bad but this was great. Did anyone also catch what the lizards meant by say if you had to choose I would rather have a horse than a half horse. Meaning would you rather have a horse or a horses a*s. I bet quite a bit of people didn't get that but it was just funny.

But great game flames and they have some great fans don't they. Well they better party all night or I will feel cheated.

YES! Flames win 3-0

I thought Fedotenco was dead after that hit by Regehr.

Edited by keratosis

YES! Flames win 3-0

I thought Fedatenco was dead after that hit by Reger.

He sure didn't look good but unlike Philly fans who would have cheered the Flames fans actually care about somebody getting hurt. It was nice to see this compared to Philly. But Canada is such a great place to live. I visit in Powell River every year and I just love it. Great place to live but I don't like the cold that much so I wouldn't want to live there for that reason but not because of the Country. Its worth the trip alone for Tim Hortons. Damn americans just don't have good doughnut places. Dunkin doughnuts and Krispy Kremes just aren't that good once you have had a horton doughnut.

Nothing wrong with that. I was rooting for the Avs since the beginning. Since they're out, GO FLAMES!!!

aye!

another Avs fan, im from CO so im always rooting for them

well anwyays... great game by Calgary shut the bolts out!

But great game flames and they have some great fans don't they.  Well they better party all night or I will feel cheated.

Don't worry we will ;) The Red Mile will be packed tonight...I wish I could go. :|

I think the Flames should win the next game, lose the one after, and lift the CUP in Canada :rofl:

Also thought it was really bold and for Lacavalier to fight with Iginla, nice to see.

He sure didn't look good but unlike Philly fans who would have cheered the Flames fans actually care about somebody getting hurt. It was nice to see this compared to Philly. But Canada is such a great place to live. I visit in Powell River every year and I just love it. Great place to live but I don't like the cold that much so I wouldn't want to live there for that reason but not because of the Country. Its worth the trip alone for Tim Hortons. Damn americans just don't have good doughnut places. Dunkin doughnuts and Krispy Kremes just aren't that good once you have had a horton doughnut.

um...this thread is about the NHL Playoffs not a trip to Canada...so stay on topic or leave this thread

im like the only American rooting for the canadian team. :unsure:

nah, me too.. ive been hoping a canadian team would win for the last few years

nah, me too.. ive been hoping a canadian team would win for the last few years

I also want to see a canadian team win the cup, but just not the flames :D

(even tho I think they have a good chance of winning this year...) :whistle:

did anyone watch it on cbc?

you coudl hear some guy on the ice yelling 'dont even try it ference, ill **** you up'

did anyone watch it on cbc?

you coudl hear some guy on the ice yelling 'dont even try it ference, ill **** you up'

Yeah, I heard that too! I thought I was hearing things... guess not.

I also want to see a Canadian team win the cup, but just not the flames :D

This year your choices for Canadian teams are the Flames or the Umm,Err,

Hmph. I guess it's the Flames.

i'm cheering for calgary too...plus they are the underdog. i hope fedatenko is ok, any update on him? he's gotta have a couple broken bones in his face...

and not all philly fans are asses...

great game though, man, the hits in the first period were crazy...