Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

This game had the most powerplay minutes in the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs at 90+ minutes with most being in favor of the Flames. When you have that advantage and you don't score while Tampa scored 4 goals without luck but good play. None of our goals was luck. They were cleaning up a saved shot which isn't luck because the no team should allow a cleanup shot. Now our cleanup shots didn't go in off of another player by luck. The person that scored all 4 of our goals was the same person that shot at and into an empty net past the goalie. That you can't deny.

Now this will be a very good series but at least I can say and backup that Tampa's win was much more earned than the Flames win. You tell me what other advantage did the Flames have that they didn't have.

umm there was not 90+ minutes worth of powerplay. wtf are you on? :wacko: do you know how hockey works? there was 60 minutes of regulation time, AND 90+ minutes worth of penalties NOT worth of powerplay minutes. According to you the whole freakin game was on a powerplay, and then some. :rolleyes:

oh would you shut up, with every post you make it makes you sound more like an idiot, its just 1 game wooopeee you'll have bad calls all the time.

To say that we as canadians should be ashamed about our team is just retarted, we could have said that about TB last game, so please make everyone happy and just stfu.

Well I'm finished with you because you are an as*whole that can't say anthing without the good old STFU quote. Oh and we asked for calls but maybe you didn't see all the tripping calls, holding calls, and high sticking calls that weren't called on the Flames. Maybe you didn't see St. Louis getting thrown into the net not one but three times with nothing called. Maybe you didn't see the high sticking that wasn't called at the end of the game even though the damn stick broke in half. This was so one sided and weren't average missed calls no matter what f*cking way you slice it.

are you joking?? have you played hockey? Most of the time, especially when their goalie is outstanding... the best strategy is to crowd the net and just fire it through traffic, you get good bounces, nice deflections and big rebounds... that is a strategy, not luck. I know when im standing infront of the net, even if the puck is comming no where near the blade (where you can redirect a shot), i still try to get part of my shaft on the puck and cover thegoalies face with the balde of my stick. To say its luck, then you can say ANY goal is luck...

Yes you are exactly right that this is a good way to play given the way the team is playing but that doesn't make the goals earned. Those goals rely on luck as to where they go and who they hit off of. That type of play can make you look very bad or very good but its unearned none the less. That is a good way to play and the style that most teams play but still those goals aren't earned. Now if a shot hit off the goalie after it went through traffic and hit off the goalie and a rebound shot was hit into the net that would be an earned goal. Still whatever wins games is all that counts but don't say they earned their goals because when you have no control over where it goes its not earned. At least when you hit at the net away from traffic where all thats between the puck is you and the goalie than a goal like that is earned. If you can't understand the concept of that you never will. The fact I was making is that an earned goal is much much harder to get than a traffic unearned goal. Any team can shoot through traffic and get lucky and win but only the best teams can win without using traffic. I don't think the Flames are that kind of team. I think the Flyers and Red Wings are much better because like Tampa Bay they can win without using traffic even though all these teams use it uncluding Tampa Bay they don't have to rely on it to win.

umm there was not 90+ minutes worth of powerplay. wtf are you on? :wacko: do you know how hockey works? there was 60 minutes of regulation time, AND 90+ minutes worth of penalties NOT worth of powerplay minutes. According to you the whole freakin game was on a powerplay, and then some. :rolleyes:

Your right and I should have checked my post over. I meant 90+ penalty minutes. Most of the minutes in hockey are served at the sametime. A powerplay could be only for two minutes but could have three players out and have 6 minutes but still the powerplay only goes for two minutes. I know and realize this but didn't use the right word.

Get out of this thread, troll.

I hope you weren't calling me a troll because I just replied in my defense just like you replied to my post. Assuming your calling me a troll I don't see my posts as any different than your posts. I'm talking about the subject at hand and if talking about the Lighning is being a troll because I'm not talking about the Flames than maybe this thread should be called the Flames playoffs. I'm not going into a Flames thread nor am I going into an apple thread and bashing apple computers even though I wouldn't do that. So how would I be a troll. We have different opinions of everything and just because your views aren't the same as mine doesn't make me a troll. I got very specific about one poster with the STFU statement but besides that I said my opinions just you they did. If that makes me a troll than every member on this board is a troll.

Also I never even talked about your message because I saw what I saw and my views are different. People see what they want to see and that is fact. Maybe I saw things wrong and with that said there was no point in starting a war for that reason. Now with that said I'm not calling you out so if you flame me and accuse me of doing so I will report you. I want no fights at all but I do want to view my opinions and not be flamed or called a troll for expressing them.

I will not be posting anymore in this thread as to not start any problems since I feel that my opinions of the game aren't wanted but hated.

keep it cool y'all

yes mommy...I mean daddy :shifty:

@BOOG: what's with all of the hatin' towards the Lightning? :cry:

yes mommy...I mean daddy :shifty:

@BOOG: what's with all of the hatin' towards the Lightning? :cry:

Sorry Steffan...I honestly don't have a reason.....maybe just the thought of having a hockey team in Tampa Bay...:p

Don't worry...it's not personal.....lol

damn, whats with all the baby's momma drama? this thread is usually pretty chill. this is gonna be a good series, i just wish the games were closer...

damn, whats with all the baby's momma drama? this thread is usually pretty chill. this is gonna be a good series, i just wish the games were closer...

I agree this is going to be a very good series and the way it looks is that we won't be having any close games. But at least these games are fun to watch. I never liked teams that trapped all the time but I have to say these last two games have been great games to watch. These two teams styles of play are the best as far as watching on TV. The one rule I would like to see changed would be getting rid of the red line on the two line pass. That would make the game go much faster and would result in a better game there and on TV. That would just open up the game. But the fact is this series is much needed for TV. For a ABC and ESPN they couldn't have got anything better as far as the quality of games. If hockey could ever get more TV viewers things would be quite different but hockey is the one sports that just doesn't work well with TV. I'm hoping that HDTV might change this. I also hope next year won't be a strike year.

I know what you mean. There was an outsider that trying to add drama to the thread. We dont need drama in this thread, that's taken care of during the games.

Don't worry about the blowouts, the series will get much tigher from now on.

Go Lightning!!

screw the lightning

nah just kidding, hehe :p

may the best team win *cough*flames*cough* :D

Oh man! That was like, what? Less than 5 mins apart? C'mon FLAMES!!!

EDIT: Well 2nd Period is over with the Flames leading the game 2-0.