Gas Prices

I am in north Ireland and we pay a little bit more that the main land UK just a few pence. But it all adds up.

So I have started to buy petrol in the republic of Ireland it is working out about 75p a litre, which is better than 95p+.

I see petrol going above ?1 a litre very soon, but never come down again.

has anyone heard the thing on bob and tom about 3.99 to fill up your tank?

goes somthing like this

" yes thats right ladies and gentle men i can fill up your entire tank for only 3.99, i will give you a tube for syphoning (sp) and the map quest directions to someone who just filled up:

Manitowoc, Wisconsin ( small town off the lakeshore)It was 2.37$ Monday, then 2.44$ yesterday, and 2.49$ today(thursday). It's really ****ing me off too.

We had alternative fuels but the big slumlords of oil tycoons buy the patents and lock them away.

Remember that guy from canada who made that carberator that ran on water?........ what happened to that/ =(

Gas at $0.97 a gallon? That was just 15 years ago, I remember bitching about having to pay $1.50 a gallon. Boy what I wouldn't do now just to have $2.00 a gallon. :yes:

Gas prices in the USA are absurd to put it mildly. I live in Southwest Missouri, USA and currently the gas prices are bouncing between $2.00 and $2.25 for normal unleaded.

I watched a guy spend $60.00 to fill up his Ford pickup - he said has spent nearly $200 in a week just on gas !!!!! I spent $30.00 to fill up my 6 cylinder '96 Mustang - I about blew a gasket :angry:

What are the gas prices where you are at?

The cheapest gas station I saw was $2.19 in North Bergen, NJ. It's on US 1-9 if anyone cares.

But around where I live, it's about $2.27 - $2.49

The Exxon gas station around my home charges $2.74 for premium gas :rofl:

If you stop spending money on bottled water and drink it from the fountain instead, you neutralize the effect of the higher gas prices without sacrificing the quality of the water you drink.

Well if ya make minimum wage here in the USA ya sure gas is outrageous , But if your on a high income level its not all that bad  :devil:

586358014[/snapback]

What are you smokin?

Most high-income people are business owners who are the most heavily affected by the high prices of petrol.

Well, Europe is laughing at us cause they've been paying these prices for quite some time, but the gas prices, at least in Canada, are priced purely to gauge (hurt) the consumer, as Canada produces much of its own oil, as well as being the leading supplier to the States.

Ft. McMurry AB just recently found yet another massive oil patch.

So, in Canada the prices should be much lower, but of course the supplies (Mainly SunCore and SinCrude) match their prices to that of OPEC.

I believe the biggest problem right now isn't in oil shortage, but that the refineries can't keep up with the supply load.

-Ax

Gas at $0.97 a gallon? That was just 15 years ago, I remember bitching about having to pay $1.50 a gallon. Boy what I wouldn't do now just to have $2.00 a gallon.  :yes:

Gas prices in the USA are absurd to put it mildly. I live in Southwest Missouri, USA and currently the gas prices are bouncing between $2.00 and $2.25 for normal unleaded.

I watched a guy spend $60.00 to fill up his Ford pickup - he said has spent nearly $200 in a week just on gas !!!!!  I spent $30.00 to fill up my 6 cylinder '96 Mustang - I about blew a gasket :angry:

What are the gas prices where you are at?

586358635[/snapback]

Perhaps you should come live in Britain then, where tax is 9/10's of the law, especially on petrol. Its pushing ?1 a litre here.

Here in Vancouver, gas prices are the highest in the country, at $1.08 per litre, although personally I've seen them as high as $1.10. Those two extra cents have everyone bitching.

I remember gas was always 60 cents a litre. That seemed to be standard. There once was even a gas war which lowered the average price to between 40 and 50 cents. I remember seeing 29.9 cents at one time.

The current rise, at least in Canada, rose from 64 cents average (September 203) to today's $1.00-$1.10 range.

If you stop spending money on bottled water and drink it from the fountain instead, you neutralize the effect of the higher gas prices without sacrificing the quality of the water you drink.

586358713[/snapback]

Well that doesn't really apply here in PR, cause the water is so filled with chlorine that it basically comes out white. Not to mention the fact that it tastes like utter crap.