clearONE

Hey no problem. I'm confused about the white text though. Were you using the solid style with maybe a ()GLASS color theme? I ask this because none of the Solid color themes have white available for the Songname.

But now I need you to help me if you would. Can you test out this new installer that includes the font? It works for me, but I wanna be sure it works for other people too before I post it on my site. If you (or anybody) could send me a PM with your email it'd be much appreciated.

Yeah sure, no problem... I enjoy testing softwares or themes or mmm anything for desktop and hardware ^^...

So, let's give a try to this installer ^^...

Well it's the same installer?? I mean 1.3??? I've alredy installed this and works pretty good ^^...

Hey all you beta lovers, today's your day in the sun. I've made some significant changes to the old skin, so check out the beta link in my sig and let me know if I'm heading in the right direction. :)

post-110624-1138256611_thumb.jpg

Hey all you beta lovers, today's your day in the sun. I've made some significant changes to the old skin, so check out the beta link in my sig and let me know if I'm heading in the right direction. :)

Nice,.. lookin' good! (Y)

I've got two crowds to please here SJ and it's wearing my tail to the bone I tell ya. :laugh:

You've missed out on all the fun Bhav. Chode (bless that sweet boy) suggested I make an installer so people wouldn't have to edit any more cmd files or install any fonts or none of that silly business. He so adeptly led me to NSIS and from then on it was history man.

I'm getting sick of my avatar. I'm looking at it and it don't seem right anymore. I gotta come up with somethin a little more funkalicious.

Chode (bless that sweet boy)...

:o

Just thought I'd let you know that I freshly formatted my machine today (unrelated to your skin), so had a chance to test your installer on a clean config.

Worked like a dream. Nice work (Y)

Thanks for the wonderful skin!

I've been trying to get my playlist to display tracks in Basic5 with no luck. It... sort of displays Basic5, but with horrible, pixel-ly results. In fact, the Basic5 TTF itself is pixellated in the same way when previewed in the TTF font viewer.

The font looks so smooth and nice on the buttons in the skin...

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this issue or how to fix it?

post-153586-1138278001_thumb.jpg

NICE installer Ax, now updating the skin doesnt take more than 5 seconds, used to take me about a minute or so to open the file and select what to extract (i get impatient very quickly :p)

Oh, and how do you activate GLOWSTICK MADNESS!!!™ :rofl:

Found a bug Ax... i doubt it was an error on your part though (infact i dont even know if its a bug) when you look at the seeker in close up you see that it goes about 3px outside the main window, i think that you forgot to change the height of the seeker when you made the song info box higher

clearonebug5ky.th.jpg < Sorry for posting my whole screen but i forgot to scale it :$

Edited by Rekoil

Oh, and how do you activate GLOWSTICK MADNESS!!!™ :rofl:

This covers the glowstick in the playlist window. I assume that for the main window, you just make sure VIS is turned on and right-click it for similar options.

I showed this skin to a friend, and she reckons it's the sexiest Winamp skin she's ever seen :D

post-42104-1138285902.jpg

Damn, I just used the installer, and realised the skin has been significantly updated :laugh:

axialix, you have done an incredible job - I really can't imagine using winamp in any other way.

thanks for that. i ve really enjoyed the update

hope some more fixes will follow ..

Edited by Suicide

Rekoil, the seeker height is correct. I tried to make it smaller so it wouldn't hang over the edge, but that made its height 5 pixels, too small to get any kind of glow effect. It also looked too tiny and was hard to move around. I just had to let it hang over. :(

Thanks Bhav! I hope the new installer is working well for everybody.

Suicide, what other fixes would you like to see? Is there a certain bug I am unaware of? I'd really like your input here.

sheenae, I'm not sure what's causing the font to show up like that. You might try deleting the Basic5 font in C:\Windows\Fonts and replacing it with this one. There is no difference between them, but this is the only thing I can think of.

Basic5.zip

Rekoil, the seeker height is correct. I tried to make it smaller so it wouldn't hang over the edge, but that made its height 5 pixels, too small to get any kind of glow effect. It also looked too tiny and was hard to move around. I just had to let it hang over. :(

Yerah i figured it was something like that :p, no problem though its still the best skin ever. But what about GLOWSTICK MADNESS!!!??:p:p

I seem to have edited my last post too many times because I cannot see the edit button anymore :p, anyways I just wanted to let you know that i figured out the GLOWSTICK MADNESS!!!??:p:p:P it looks sweet

Glad you're digging it excalpius. :)

Chode, I just noticed in your screenshot that you aren't using ClearType (not related to my skin btw). Is there some reason you don't like it?

Hate that Arial font in the color themes window? I do, so here's how you change it:

Options -> Preferences -> Modern Skins -> Font Rendering -> Use Skin Font Mapper -> Configure Skin Font Mapping -> Map font Arial into Basic5 (or another of your liking). Set the Scaling to 90% and it's pretty close to done. Enjoy!

post-110624-1138373535.gif

amber, the new version at my site defaults to the Glass and ClearBG styles. I'm adding more color themes right now, but until I get them finished, you can always add your own. Get the color editor in my sig and install it. Clone a theme and then move the sliders to change the colors.

I love this skin..:) Got the new one installed and am playing with it..I am an idiot as far as the color editor goes but what the hey..:) I downloaded the matching rainlander skins..It's wonderful!!!

You are super!!

Edit: Possible bug..coverart does not work (pic not shown). notifier picture does work. coverart works 100% with the beta version

Edited by amber438

Chode, I just noticed in your screenshot that you aren't using ClearType (not related to my skin btw). Is there some reason you don't like it?

On my CRT at least, it makes all text slightly blurry and a pain to read. Just a personal preference, I guess :/