clearONE

Today i tried using winamp to play a cd. Well imagine my surprise when the music started skipping every few seconds into "like eating glass". :cry:

After some playing around with in_cdda.dll by disabling the Sonic Engine feature, not only did the skipping disappeared but the SOUND improved tremendously. I also noticed that the cd read light is now ON continuosly where previously it would flashing. Any ideas?

Anyway, upon this change i noticed in-built visualizations disappeared. Only for cds it seems. Mp3 files continue to work as it should. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Note: re-enabling the Sonic feature returns everything to normal but the skipping came back.

Also tried WMP and Foobar and both worked normally -no skips- when playing a Cd.

Sky Juice, I've tried to duplicate the CD issue you're having, but everything is working fine for me here. I've messed around with in_cdda.dll like you said, but I haven't heard any skipping yet with Sonic Engine turned on or off. Also, my visualizations are still appearing, so are you sure you have one selected in Options -> Preferences -> Visualizations?

Hey Chode, I'm working on the drop shadows. They're not hard to implement, just making room for them in the CF window is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

slimy, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with WMP. But since it doesn't have support for desktop alpha, there would not be any transparency anyway.

Edited by axialix

Sky Juice, I've tried to duplicate the CD issue you're having, but everything is working fine for me here. I've messed around with in_cdda.dll like you said, but I haven't heard any skipping yet with Sonic Engine turned on or off. Also, my visualizations are still appearing, so are you sure you have one selected in Options -> Preferences -> Visualizations?

Hey Axi thanks for trying to replicate the problem, but i guess this only happens to a special group of people :pinch:. Guess WA doesn't like my cdrom drive (or the Sonic Engine for that matter). I did a search around the WA technical boards and i think it's a WA related problem, and not a problem at all with C1 because it's happening to other skins as well (classic and modern). Sonic actually reads the data out from cds and somehow interprets them as mp3s, which probably explain why it doesnt sound as full as when i disabled it. Now because i disabled this feature...in-built visualizations dont appear.

Other file types show them properly if that helps answer your last question. This could very well be beyond you, but i was hoping other users here might chance upon this and maybe...just maybe knows of a fix. :unsure:

Good luck fixing your problem Sky. If you hunt around enough at the Winamp forums, you're bound to come across the solution sooner or later. :D

Chode, text shadows have now been added, but you're gonna have to go through the system menu to get at them. Options -> clearONE -> Text Shadows.

great work dude but i prefer the beta a lot more, the final build is quite bloated and i dont like the buttons appearance and the fact that the windows have to be closed by right-clicking on them. the beta is much smoother and looks better in my opinion.

Well, you're not the first to comment negatively on the final tenacious. But, I believe you are in the minority here and that most people do dig the new style. I loaded up the beta yesterday myself and was appalled at how awful it looked. I'd remove it from my site completely if it weren't for those of you that still wanted it. All I can surmise is that you all must be running at really small resolutions <= 1028x768. That's probably the only way it does still looks good decent.

And bloated? It's only 387kb! That's a helluva lot smaller than most skins. And it still loads up pretty darn quick too. ;)

Well, you're not the first to comment negatively on the final tenacious. But, I believe you are in the minority here and that most people do dig the new style. I loaded up the beta yesterday myself and was appalled at how awful it looked. I'd remove it from my site completely if it weren't for those of you that still wanted it. All I can surmise is that you all must be running at really small resolutions <= 1028x768. That's probably the only way it does still looks good decent.

And bloated? It's only 387kb! That's a helluva lot smaller than most skins. And it still loads up pretty darn quick too. ;)

Hey axialix, any chance you can upload clearone beta here or on your website. The skin has gone through alot of development, and I appreciate it. But clearone beta has grown on me, but i lost the skin. Any chance you still have it? Thanks alot man

I'm one of those who prefers the beta as well. I think what tenacious meant by bloated is that the final is much larger than the beta. I, for one, don't like that. I run WA always on top and docked to the top of my screen where it sits nicely over my titlebars between the window title and the buttons. With the final, it overlaps the toolbar below by about 10-15px. The beta fit much nicer, and in my opinion, looked a lot better. I much prefered the buttons and sizing the of the beta to the new final.

And, btw, I run at 1280x960 and think that the final is huge in comparison to any other skin I have installed. The beta looks much, much nicer.

Of course, great work on both, even though I like the beta better. ;)

And, btw, I run at 1280x960 and think that the final is huge in comparison to any other skin I have installed. The beta looks much, much nicer.

Of course, great work on both, even though I like the beta better. ;)

I actually came here to ask if anybody else likes the beta better, glad to see i'm not the only one.

I think this skin could be a totally different skin, like ClearTWO or something. It would be really great if you could fix the bugs in the beta because I am still using it and I hate the way the notifier hangs for ages, locking up winamp while it loads.

But, thanks for a great skin (the beta), even if you do decide not to develop it any more.

Ok, the beta folks win. I guess size matters more than aesthetics to some of you. But, check this out, the final is only 2px taller (35px) than the beta, so I'm confused as to how all this overlapping is occurring?

About the bloat, maybe you all don't download too many skins from Winamp and such, but I swear most of them (the decent looking and highest rated ones) are around 1MB. I don't think ~400kb is bad for a skin that doesn't even have a Main Mode. :|

I must say it's really hard to please everybody. With this skin I wanted to create something that looked nice but that people wouldn't get tired of after playing with it for 5 minutes.

I'll fix the bugs with the beta version, no problem. You can send me a PM or spell them out right here, whichever. :)

1) Notifier hangs and locks up winamp. -- Which type of Animation (Fade, Slide, etc) do you have it set on, if any? What is the Hold Time set on?

Edited by axialix

....... All I can surmise is that you all must be running at really small resolutions <= 1028x768. That's probably the only way it does still looks good decent.

I think there's something to that. I run @ 1680x1050, & I the final looks SO MUCH better the beta did, @ least on my setup. You're right, can't please everyone, and you shouldn't try to; this is YOUR skin...Just my .02 cents..