Ashamed if your Child was gay?

Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?

• Yes
    • No

People choose to be bisexual... As for the whole God didnt make us to become gay... first off, he isnt real. Humans have this fear of death so inorder to feel some sort of security in life they have this god complex. I, personaly have died, for a total of 8 minutes... I did not see any lights at the end of the tunnels, satan wasnt grabbing at my ankles... you want to know what I felt... absolutley nothing.

I am not trying to bash anyone's religious beliefs but the whole "You can't live your life like that, becuase my God said so," is pretty rediculous.

I'll admit it, I would be ashamed. I find it moraly wrong, and I would feel like a failure as a parent for not raising the child right.

I think people choose to be gay.

I could make myself be gay right now.

Of course I would be ashamed of him. How could you not?!?!

I would be ashamed. It's biologically wrong. If people were meant to be gay then gay sex would also result in reproduction.

And I think that homosexuality is a choice in some people. What makes some straight people think that all homosexuals choose to be gay is that there are numerous cases where a man or woman gets married into a heterosexual relationship and suddenly "turn" gay one day and leaves their mate for somebody of the same sex.

yep, definitively

Yes, I agree 100%. I don't believe for one second that it is hereditery. There have been many studies on this subject and trying to prove that it is hereditery, and all of them have come up inconlusive. I think the hereditary arguement is just an excuse to let gays valitate their gayness to themselves, because they feel guilty.

I voted "yes"....

I'm sorry.. but for me, being gay is just wrong...

No way would I be able to accept my child being gay. It goes against every moral fibre in my body and the way I have been brought up. :angry:

I would feel a failure for not bringing my kid up to believe what I as his parent believes.

My 2 cents.

I voted yes, because yes, it really would be a shame.

No, it wouldn't make me love him or her any less... And no, I wouldn't try to convince him or her otherwise beyond asking "are you sure?"... And no, I wouldn't hide it if my child's love life is up for discussion with someone.

But, I mean, what do you expect me to say? That I'd be thrilled if my kid turned out to be a homo? I'd much rather have a heterosexual kid, someone who I know will not be prosecuted all of their life for being gay, and someone who I know will give me some biological grandchildren.

I could have related to many other posts!

If you are easily offended, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING POINTS. You have been warned.

The following are my very blunt opinions: Remember they are only my opinions, so if you can't handle it, too bad!

1. An exit hole is an exit hole!!!

2. Making an exit hole into an intake hole is just darn disgusting and wrong!

3. From what I have seen, it's normally the athiests who are ok with gays

4. I would not go around calling out or pointing out gays.

5. I would be ashamed yes

6. I would stay away from them yes

7. I think being gay is a genetic defect, and is not normal

1. Hard to argue with that logic :rolleyes:

3. Here in Ontario, the first gays who were married got married in church, and they had to fight the government for it to be recognized. I'm not an atheist, and I'm OK with gays.

4. Ok, good for you?

5. Fine, nobody can stop you

6. Fine, nobody can make you stay around them, just like how I avoid people like you like the plague

7. Care to back up that with any sort of proof whatsoever? The pro side has come up with plenty of evidence in favour, the con is strangely silent other than "I know what's right"

Once again, if you think being homosexual is a choice, I defy you to turn yourself gay. Go out, find yourself a nice boyfriend or girlfriend, as is appropriate for this little exercise, and have sex with them. Not that you have anything to worry about, right, because you can just turn yourself back?

Edited by Mr. Golden Deal

I could have related to many other posts!

If you are easily offended, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING POINTS. You have been warned.

The following are my very blunt opinions: Remember they are only my opinions, so if you can't handle it, too bad!

so what about all of the people who identify as being straight having anal sex? are they disgusting and wrong too? do they suffer from a genetic defect and as a result are "not normal"?

not all gay people have penises, not all gay people practice anal sex.

why do you let atheists' opinions influence whether you are ok with gay people or not. if all atheists drove red cars would you avoid driving a red car?

don't you see how irrelevant your points are?

So a woman giving birth is normal, but getting a woman pragnant is just darn disgusting and wrong?

Hi, I'm athiest, and I'm okay with gay people. :yes:

Wow, that felt like coming out of the closet. :laugh:

Really, what kind of a point do you think you're making by saying this?

That's good.

That's a pity. Are you afraid you might become infected or something? Or is God telling you to stay away from gay people? From what I heard, God is supposed to be the one who created humans. So, in a way, this so called genetic defect of yours is God's fault. If God would punish people for a genetic fault he caused in the first place, then I don't think I'd ever even want to meet with God. I don't like shortsighted people, even when they are supernatural.

Being ashamed of your child because he or she is gay is a good example of what kind of parent you would be. A really bad parent...

1. Hard to argue with that logic :rolleyes:

3. Here in Ontario, the first gays who were married got married in church, and they had to fight the government for it to be recognized. I'm not an atheist, and I'm OK with gays.

4. Ok, good for you?

5. Fine, nobody can stop you

6. Fine, nobody can make you stay around them, just like how I avoid people like you like the plague

7. Care to back up that with any sort of proof whatsoever? The pro side has come up with plenty of evidence in favour, the con is strangely silent other than "I know what's right"

Once again, if you think being homosexual is a choice, I defy you to turn yourself gay. Go out, find yourself a nice boyfriend or girlfriend, as is appropriate for this little excercise, and have sex with them. Not that you have anything to worry about, right, because you can just turn yourself back?

You rock, my friend.

You know, its funny, but it seems that americans are much more intolerant about gays then any other country in the world.

Lol at Christianity, Glad im an Athiest.

I'd be more Ashamed if my child was born hardcore christian than if my child was born gay

Edit. Im being Unfair to americans, a lot of states have managed to progress out of the stone age, but the "Bible Belt", what a bunch of brainwashed nutjobs

someone who I know will give me some biological grandchildren.

Have you not heard of artificial insemination? As for the persecution, it's your job as the parent to teach your child respect of others reguardless of race, creed, sexuality, or gender.

If all people were gay then no families would exist. Why you ask? Because gay people cannot make children and thus no families. (Here I'm not reffering to lesbians).

For myself family is very important and I want my family heritage to live on. Here in Sweden we have political party called FI (Feminist Initiative) that want to get rid of male/female first names, family structure and group transvestites as ethnic group among other things. If that is good or bad you decide...

Have you not heard of artificial insemination? As for the persecution, it's your job as the parent to teach your child respect of others reguardless of race, creed, sexuality, or gender.

Clearly most people lack respect for other members of society... so yes, it is a parents job, but it is wishful thinking to assume that there is no discrimination for gays or for minorities in society...

I answered yes, but it is better worded as disappointed or concerned due to the above reason. My dad and mother have spoken enough discrimination based on my race, and I would rather my children would not be discriminated upon... In the end though, it is their choice, but it would be disappointing if they took a path of hardship just because of sexual preference...

So a woman giving birth is normal, but getting a woman pragnant is just darn disgusting and wrong?

Well, little one, looks like you haven't been taught correctly. You see, women give birth through the vagina, not the anus.

And the vagina is... well, not really an entry or an exit hole.

:DD:DD:DD:DD

Well, little one, looks like you haven't been taught correctly. You see, women give birth through the vagina, not the anus.

:D :D :D :D

:laugh:

Thanks for pointing that out!

*quickly making notes*

:D :D :D :D

The vagina is the "exit hole" for the child. So, through the (horrible) logic previously defined by our friend JEN2, it is "just darn disgusting and wrong" for any sort of sexual intercourse through the vagina.

So... what's wrong with that logic?

If all people were gay then no families would exist. Why you ask? Because gay people cannot make children and thus no families. (Here I'm not reffering to lesbians).

For myself family is very important and I want my family heritage to live on. Here in Sweden we have political party called FI (Feminist Initiative) that want to get rid of male/female first names, family structure and group transvestites as ethnic group among other things. If that is good or bad you decide...

may i ask what is so important about your family heritage living on?

ps is your hypothetical (first 2 sentences) a joke? lol

The vagina is the "exit hole" for the child. So, through the (horrible) logic previously defined by our friend JEN2, it is "just darn disgusting and wrong" for any sort of sexual intercourse through the vagina.

So... what's wrong with that logic?

I suppose you're just being a bit uptight on logic, lawyer style. :D

He probably means exit hole for human waste.

His first two sentences is not a joke. What he is saying is true- if everyone was indeed gay, it would be the end of the human race (unless we started forcing heterosexual intercourse, of course... okay that sounded weird).

That FI group should be shot. (you know what I mean.) Our lineage is part of our culture- and it is this culture that makes our world such an interesting place. Why don't those FI people also make one language for the world and paint black people white while they're at it?

No jokes here, in some cultures family is more important than in others (seems like yours is one of them).

My family has been around for 800 years and I would not accept it to end now since me and my brother are the only ones that can continue the legacy.

I would be ashamed if he was gay. I have absolutely nothing against gays at all, I have good friends that are gay and it doesn't bother me. But if it was my son, for me, it would be a different matter. I would just like to see him grow up, have a wife, have kids and the rest of it. I wouldn't kick him out/get mad or anything harsh like that.

Just imagine, walking in on your son having sex with a female....I'd just be real embarrased and be like "oh crap sorry" and think nothing else much of it, but if he was screwing another guy I'd just be completely gobsmacked. Okay, so that was a bit of a wacky thought but its true.

The same would go for a girl really, but I wouldn't mind as much (I don't know why - probably because she might bring home lots of hot girls or something).

No jokes here, in some cultures family is more important than in others (seems like yours is one of them).

My family has been around for 800 years and I would not accept it to end now since me and my brother are the only ones that can continue the legacy.

Funny you should mention that, I have no idea how long my family has been around for - but even so I am an only child in the entire family (next one up in age is about 44/45, and he's single) so that might have something to do with my thoughts on "continuing the legacy".

I suppose you're just being a bit uptight on logic, lawyer style. :D

He probably means exit hole for human waste.

Okay then, urine comes out of the vagina. Different area, I know, but in general, the vagina.

In any case, that was NOT specified. He said what he said. On here you must be careful of that because you can't correct yourself as easily.

What DO you think you were put on this Earth for, if not procreate?

Without thinking, you have answered the question that has plagued us for centuries: what is the meaning of life? Bravo, I had absolutely no idea that we were put on this world to f*ck and get laid. Have you no consideration that there is more to life than this primal instinct?

From what I have seen, it's normally the athiests who are ok with gays

A larger proportion of atheists than Christians may believe that homosexuality is acceptable simply because they are not led to believe otherwise. They are free to make their own decisions on this matter. It is my belief that all Christians find homosexuality morally wrong simply because God decreed that it is so. Just because something they believe said it was so.

I think being gay is a genetic defect, and is not normal

For those who think that being gay is not normal: would you think the same if you were gay? I highly doubt it.

i'd probably beat him up and disown him (no jokes)

You could atleast just disown him without beating him up.

Anyway, a child deserves a better parent than you. A good parent wouldn't disown his/her child for being who he is.

You could atleast just disown him without beating him up.

Anyway, a child deserves a better parent than you. A good parent wouldn't disown his/her child for being who he is.

Couldn't agree more.

I suppose it depends on what type of morals and values you have.

If you are a selfish, unkind, and insecure person, you'll probably answer "yes" to this question, and continue to defend the reasons why you're not a bigot for wanting 10% of the population to simply disappear and cease to exist.

If you're a kind, loving, and thoughtful individual, you'll answer "no", because your goal will be to first and foremost appreciate others and to see the best in them, irrespective of whether or not you agree with or can relate to every single element of their life (including sexuality, one that has arguably very little bearing on their other day-to-day ongoings).

Many people choose the former option, because many people do not have the capacity to love others openly, and because they are scared of difference that they cannot personally understand. It is for this group of people that I feel 'ashamed', not for the children in question.