[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Latest Demos

Amped 3 Demo available 767mb

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I want to download it but I feel it will get overlooked.

The problem of having to many games to play at once has come way, WAY sooner than I thought it would. Honestly.

We went through a real slow patch there new release wise, but now it is insane.

Right now games that I personally own and I am playing are:

Oblivion: I could just technically play that and nothing else

Far Cry: My GF's parents bought it for helping them out when they were on vacation so it was free (Y)

Burnout Revenge: I rented than purchased for 40$ through GameFly. I love the crash events.

Battlefield 2:MC: Already Pre-ordered and comes out in the next day or two.

I also have Blazing Angels rented through GameFly on top of all of that.

I also will rent Tomb Raider: I gave the demo another chance and this time played all the way through, and I loved the puzzle aspect of it all.

To many games, and not enough time.

A problem I thought would take much longer to happen to it actually did.

I am really happy with this 360. Extremely happy.

I have not played any games on my PC n over a week. Closer to 2. That is truly a first.

I used to get blazing fast downloads off Xbox Live Marketplace.. But with Tomb Raider Legend and now Amped 3 the downloads are taking forever... So far it's been about 4 hours with Amped 3 and I'm only at 60%.

My connection is 5mbps downstream (recently upgraded to around 5.7mbps), so obviously 700mb shouldn't take 7 hours to download (I'm guessing 7 hours since it took 4 for 60%).

It might be because of the inventory surge of 360's that just occured, so maybe now there's a bunch of new 360 owners downloading the entire library of demos.

To many games, and not enough time.

I've found that too. It's even more work to complete a game with achievements to unlock as well as general progression. On top of that playing on Live :p

Amped 3 wasn't as good as I hoped. I spent a few minutes on the demo and lost interest pretty quickly. It's a shame because I've waited for the demo since launch.

SSX is more my game I think :yes:

i like the tomb raider demo to a degree.. the controlls are going to really take some getting used to for me.. but it definately was pretty fun

i was wondering if I should try it, guess I will since its pretty fun. I played a really old version of Tomb Raider that was fun, so this should be better.

I've found that too. It's even more work to complete a game with achievements to unlock as well as general progression. On top of that playing on Live :p

Amped 3 wasn't as good as I hoped. I spent a few minutes on the demo and lost interest pretty quickly. It's a shame because I've waited for the demo since launch.

SSX is more my game I think :yes:

I really like Amped 3, I bought it quite a long time ago, and got into it. i think it grows on you, its more fun than SSX

I used to get blazing fast downloads off Xbox Live Marketplace.. But with Tomb Raider Legend and now Amped 3 the downloads are taking forever... So far it's been about 4 hours with Amped 3 and I'm only at 60%.

My connection is 5mbps downstream (recently upgraded to around 5.7mbps), so obviously 700mb shouldn't take 7 hours to download (I'm guessing 7 hours since it took 4 for 60%).

It might be because of the inventory surge of 360's that just occured, so maybe now there's a bunch of new 360 owners downloading the entire library of demos.

I was actually just about to bring this up, I know that it would probably lead to piracy but it would be so much better if you could DL the demo to your computer and burn a demo disk than it is to DL demo's from the Live Dashboard...hopefully this will be remedied soon because to me I think that being able to download a demo before renting or buying a game is a incredible feature of Live but the dial up equivalent download speeds are very frustrating.

I am really happy with this 360. Extremely happy.

I have not played any games on my PC n over a week. Closer to 2. That is truly a first.

I am not too sure... i played the tomb raider demo on my 360 then gave it a try on my PC and saw that in reality this game is largely a port and there was no real reason for me buying a 360.

If you think about it would you also not say that you are somewhat dissapointed with the spread of games and the innovation they are showing.....?? pretty much all the games for the 360 have already been done on the pc or are coming for the pc soon..... the biggest annoyance being that they will have pretty much the same content.

Dont take this wrong btw........ i love my 360; i just really want something fresh, new and completely "next gen"

thanks for the heads up on the tomb raider trailer.. it was kinda cool :)

and top spin 2 is available now.. might wanna update that

I was actually just about to bring this up, I know that it would probably lead to piracy but it would be so much better if you could DL the demo to your computer and burn a demo disk than it is to DL demo's from the Live Dashboard...hopefully this will be remedied soon because to me I think that being able to download a demo before renting or buying a game is a incredible feature of Live but the dial up equivalent download speeds are very frustrating.

Hmm, It didn't take me more than prolly a half hour to grab the demo, and I'm on 5meg cable as well. I think what is happening is you guys are trying to get demos that were just barely put online and the servers are getting hit pretty hard. The Tomb Raider demo took me hours to get, but that's because I started downloading it 20mins. after it was realesed. Off peak speeds are just fine.

I am not too sure... i played the tomb raider demo on my 360 then gave it a try on my PC and saw that in reality this game is largely a port and there was no real reason for me buying a 360.

If you think about it would you also not say that you are somewhat dissapointed with the spread of games and the innovation they are showing.....?? pretty much all the games for the 360 have already been done on the pc or are coming for the pc soon..... the biggest annoyance being that they will have pretty much the same content.

Dont take this wrong btw........ i love my 360; i just really want something fresh, new and completely "next gen"

I hear you, I do. I personally though Ghost Recon was more or less next gen, mainly because while I was playing I kept thinking to myself my PC would never be able to handle what the 360 was able to do graphically.

Also, alot of things are also read in the the context that they are written, this is how forums work.

What I mean is a really elaborate, and usually totally unnecessary, back-story sometimes helps comments make much more sense... Let me explain...

Probably the biggest reason I love the 360 right now is I recently just started working from home again about 3 weeks ago. I have an "office" where my two computers that I own are in (my office is a small 2nd bedroom in my apartment I use for my computers and such) . I have my Mac for work, and my PC for gaming, both in the "office." As a result, I think one of the biggest reasons I love the 360 right now is I go into another room, the living room to be precise, sit on my couch, and I get to play a game. Without the 360, it would mean I would be spending alot more time in my "office" per day if I gamed on my Windows comp. Since I now equate my office with working, I like getting out of it as soon as I am done working honestly. Also sitting in one room for any amount of hours hunched in front of computers is never a good thing really either, wether it is gaming or working.

So now it probably makes a little more sense why I feel the way I do about my 360. I do, and always will, prefer gaming on a PC, but the fact my PC is starting to show its age with the latest graphics, and that same PC is also in the same room I work all day in now, when I go into the living room and fire up the 360 from my couch, it is all about gaming, and that it is something I really, really do like about it.

Sorry for the long drawn out boring explanation, but I just wanted to share my side of the story because I do agree with you, PC gaming is usually the way to go. Just lately I have started to feel like it is definitely not the only way, that is all.

I hear you, I do. I personally though Ghost Recon was more or less next gen, mainly because while I was playing I kept thinking to myself my PC would never be able to handle what the 360 was able to do graphically.

I will have to agree with you there, Ghost recon is an amazing "next gen" game experience. Everything was so amazinlgy polished (even the leaves fell of the trees when grenades blew up near them).

In my collection of...... Kameo, GRAW, PDZ, PGR3 and oblivion GRAW is definatley the only one that can stand up and give me something new, fresh and innovative. PDZ and PGR3 are classic examples if giving us nothing new for our money, they are not really worth the 50 pounds most of us paid; we can get the same gameplay on the xbox..... just slightly worse graphics.(and then theres the battlefield series.........)

PC gaming is usually the way to go. Just lately I have started to feel like it is definitely not the only way, that is all.

Very true...... i cant wait for the day when 360 gaming is the way to go... when owners of 360's are getting a totaly original game and not something that has been re-done and rushed out to boost sales.

The 360 has a great future ahead of it; developers are soon going to learn how to take advantage of this new hardware and when they are comfortable with that i am sure some amazing new games are going to come that are just going to blow us away... the 360 has the power; developers just need to know how to use it.

Do you remember the videos etc that came out of various games coming out for the PS3 back when it was first mentioned? I loved what i saw there and know its just a matter of time before we see such original games that blow you away with the most immersive experience seen yet!

I can't see the top spin 2 demo . are you sure it's out ?

think he was talking about the trailer

Yea, I think whoever reported it must have been talking about the Trailer. Removed from list.

bleh, my xbox 360 hard drive is full. With all of these demos and new content, we need more storage!

Anyone else run into the same problem?

Just delete the demos you don't play anymore? I also have a bunch of trailers that I downloaded that I only watch once or twice and whenever I need more space I just delete those. I haven't really filled up the HDD yet though. I guess it's mostly because I just constantly delete whatever I don't intend to use anymore. Remember you can always re-download whatever you want again :)

Just delete the demos you don't play anymore? I also have a bunch of trailers that I downloaded that I only watch once or twice and whenever I need more space I just delete those. I haven't really filled up the HDD yet though. I guess it's mostly because I just constantly delete whatever I don't intend to use anymore. Remember you can always re-download whatever you want again :)

I just aquired my Xbox maybe a week or so ago. I ordered a few games online, but until those arrive, I have been spending time with demos... and my HDD is totally full. I deleted all the trailers and now I have maybe less than 400MB free on the HDD... that's with every single demo there is to download. :cool:

I need an upgraded HDD ASAP!!! :D

I just aquired my Xbox maybe a week or so ago. I ordered a few games online, but until those arrive, I have been spending time with demos... and my HDD is totally full. I deleted all the trailers and now I have maybe less than 400MB free on the HDD... that's with every single demo there is to download. :cool:

I need an upgraded HDD ASAP!!! :D

Did you delete the movies/songs that come on the hard drive? They're mostly crap and the Titianic document takes up tons of space if I remember.

Starting Wednesday, Paramount will offer high-definition movie trailers for "Mission: Impossible III," a Tom Cruise action-thriller that reaches theaters May 5, and "Nacho Libre," a Jack Black comedy due out June 16. Gamers also can customize their game environment with art from the movies or adopt one of the on-screen characters as their online identity, known as a gamer tag.

Source; Teamxbox

I've read what DirtyLarry had to say and I agree. However, I recently just sold my XBOX 360 because I didn't see it any different from the corresponding titles for PC. Plus, I prefer PC gaming over console any day except the fact not being able to play from your couch or bedroom as with console gaming.

Instead, I purchased a 7900GT and SLI mobo for my PC with the money acquired from the sale of my 360. Perhaps, I will purchase PS3 once released but that choice will be determined once the remaining next generation consoles are released. Admintingly, I made a mistake purchasing a console too early (waited in line Best Buy overnight) and allowed the hype to control my intentions. I will stick to PC for now since I am just a casual gamer; I've got a life!