Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

JustGeorge

wtf then? Edit: actually I can load the office page but not the vista page. what gives?

Same thing happened too me. Took like 1.5 days before I could get back in. Be patient :) As for the tax thing: You only do that if you got both offers if I read it right. If I do get Vista, I plan to show my appreciation by buying Office.

cropcircles

Anybody else finish their webcasts to get their free copies of Vista Business and Office 2007. I finished Vista business webcasts early Friday morning (2am) and when I woke up Friday mid morn they were sold out. I believe Office 2007 soon followed. Anyway I was just curious how others ended up with this promotion.

http://www.powertogether.com/

Office2007.jpg

Vistabusinesscompleted.jpg

darklordofthesith

finished all 3 webcasts yesterday on friday the 1st and just checked the website and i have finished checks on all of them. also it says thank you for viewing and i should recieve my copy of office 2007 in 6 to 8 weeks from release. cool!

ew2x4

I tried for three days and there were always server errors. ****es me off, as I could have really used Vista.

darklordofthesith

i got the same screen as you. wicked

cropcircles

finished all 3 webcasts yesterday on friday the 1st and just checked the website and i have finished checks on all of them. also it says thank you for viewing and i should recieve my copy of office 2007 in 6 to 8 weeks from release. cool!

dito... Mine said that also at the bottom, couldn't fit it all into the pics.

By the way I actually did watch all the webcasts although some were sleepers, but for the most part they were really interesting. Come on now some of you guys, raise your hands if you started your webcasts and left the room or maybe the house.

I tried for three days and there were always server errors. ****es me off, as I could have really used Vista.

Same here you just had to refresh a couple times and you'd get in eventually. Sorry you missed it.

xxdesmus

This would be worth a read for you guys (regarding the tax stuff).

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry588103135

Basically, you won't end up having to pay taxes because you can receive up to $12,000 as a gift without owing taxes. :yes:

Also, I am sorry, but anyone who "missed out" on this or anyone whining about people getting this who shouldn't have...you know what? enough with the whining. Trust me, you had plenty of time to sign up for it. If you really cared you would have got it working. I worked my butt off reloading, refreshing, and dealing with time outs to get it working because it was important to me.

Edited by xxdesmus
Jojo81

Same thing happened too me. Took like 1.5 days before I could get back in. Be patient :) As for the tax thing: You only do that if you got both offers if I read it right. If I do get Vista, I plan to show my appreciation by buying Office.

sweet I finally got back in. I got the congrats message at the bottom of "My Stuff." So that is it right or do I have to wait for tax email? I only did the Vista one.

Gabe3

I think the sold out message means that no more people can register for vista or office, if you already registered for it, then you can still view 3 webcasts and get vista and office.

correct me if I'm wrong.

no-sweat

I think the sold out message means that no more people can register for vista or office, if you already registered for it, then you can still view 3 webcasts and get vista and office.

correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah you are. here i'll repeat it and make it bold

there we go. :)

Edited by no-sweat
.Ark

I thought we only needed Tax info if we got both of them not if we only got one?

Im pretty sure u need to give tax info if u do both cuz its more than 600 bucks..

WooSH

guilty of the leave it and run thing. but! i spent ALOT of time clicking refreshing, resubmitting, rerefreshing, reresubmitting...got scared when it said sold out..but its reserved. actually the one with the Windows Installer 4.0 wasnt that bad. it was atually interesting and help me acatually use their os more prodcutively.

i was so ****ed that i didnt get a copy from connect but this almost makes up for it....almost. lol

does everyone know: vista does NOT include Media Center? biz edition anyways.

here we go: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getr...ns/default.mspx

one question: they say that u will receive it within 6-8 weeks IF you qualify for their terms. which i guess it means that you have to business. which i do...my dads. so like more than 3/4 of the ppl here on neowin dont qualify...so whats gonna happen?

Edited by statix1
no-sweat

one question: they say that u will receive it within 6-8 weeks IF you qualify for their terms. which i guess it means that you have to business. which i do...my dads. so like more than 3/4 of the ppl here on neowin dont qualify...so whats gonna happen?

I just put my occupation as 'Student' and put my university as company name. I'm assuming since they had the option to select student it is valid.

Gabe3

"Once we?ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below."

Those details below don't say anything about a business, so requirements for needing a business to be eligible is untrue.

Novaoblivion

I wish they would just send us an email telling us whether we qualified or not. Otherwise Ill be checking this thread for the next 6-8 weeks lol.

JustGeorge

I sent them an email asking if they would send email notification. Will post response :)

nosracnoj

I wish they would just send us an email telling us whether we qualified or not. Otherwise Ill be checking this thread for the next 6-8 weeks lol.

me too, i keep checking this thread every couple of hours!!

Quillz

I supremely doubt you got your copy of Office 2007 from this offer already, but thanks for contributing off topic comments about your experiences with Office 2007

Yay me too! Although 2 of my webcasts are still pending because I just did them. But yay!

When did you complete the 3 webcasts?

I didn't get my copy from the webcasts. Like I said, Office 2007 is great. I really like the improvements that were made to OneNote, a program that I've been using for everything now, from class notes to writing essays. Shame it doesn't make much use of the Ribbon, though.

XPGoD

Email Tech Support here on the Vista/Office offer for answers.

Support-VistaSeries@ascentium.com

Email the Kit Order admin here

winvistaofficekit@microsoft.catalysis.com

I have yet to get any emails regarding any kind of survey, so that may appear to be random. I do alot of stuff for them, and I'm registered in more ways than I can count with them, I guess we will see.

Secondly, the site is back working again.

XPGoD

Edited by XPGoD
Quillz

When you say, "Got my copy" do you mean the physical copy or did u qualify to get the gift?

Sorry, I was a little off topic here. I meant that I had simply gotten a copy of Office 2007 elsewhere (not via the webcasts,) and was just giving my positive thoughts on it. I was just saying it's a great improvement over 2003.

cropcircles

This would be worth a read for you guys (regarding the tax stuff).

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry588103135

Basically, you won't end up having to pay taxes because you can receive up to $12,000 as a gift without owing taxes. :yes:

Also, I am sorry, but anyone who "missed out" on this or anyone whining about people getting this who shouldn't have...you know what? enough with the whining. Trust me, you had plenty of time to sign up for it. If you really cared you would have got it working. I worked my butt off reloading, refreshing, and dealing with time outs to get it working because it was important to me.

Appreciate the link xxdesmus. I thought I saw this somewhere. Interesting but not surprising. MS covers their butts pretty well and If you did qualify for both its best to report or it could come back on them as well.

xxdesmus

^^ Exactly, they are just covering there own ass. We won't necessarily (or even likely) have to pay anything. It's just Microsoft being extra careful.

JustGeorge

Question: When they say you can't be a member of MSDN, does this also include being on the MSDN mailing list? I get emails like these from them sometimes. Started getting them after beta testing some stuff. I didn't buy an MSDN subscription or anything.

xxdesmus

no, they mean if you pay for MSDN. I would assume.