Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

I never had problems hitting anything with anything :blink:

Haha, I had problems with the pistol, but everything else was fine. In fact a lot of times I felt as if I could've been facing the opposite direction as my enemy and still hit them with the electric bolt :laugh:

-Spenser

whats up with the little girls?

they drinking people blood?

Little Sisters are the Gatherers were created by a scientist named Dr. Tenebaum as a solution to the ADAM shortage. They extract the inert ADAM from the dead (which the Gatherers call "angels") with tools and consume it, their bodies reprocessing it into a usable form. The team designed them so the player would have to make an ethical decision on whether or not to kill little girls to obtain much-needed resources. Nevertheless, doing so is severely difficult, due to their symbiotic relationship with the Protectors. According to lead designer Ken Levine, the Gatherers have a direct link with the main character. In a recently released audio file, Levine clarifies that the player cannot physically harm a Little Sister directly, but can "harvest" the ADAM from them (a process which they will not survive).

Tried adding you to my AIM list, but:

Aggressors/Splicers: Deformed, genetically modified Rapture citizens who are now remnants of Andrew Ryan's army, the Aggressors cannot survive without ADAM due to their extensive biological modifications. Early Splicers seem to be referred to according to their weapon preference, such as "Leadhead" for those who prefer guns. They wear little or no armor, and normally roam the levels of Rapture, searching for other inhabitants to kill and steal ADAM from. As their name would suggest, they are aggressive and quick to attack, and will use their enhanced physical strength, group tactics and, sometimes, semi-biological weapons to kill all in their path. Most of the Splicers are wearing the masquerade ball masks that were worn during the 1959 New Year's Day party.

The Basic story sums up the modifications & genetic modifications:

The game takes place in 1960 in a fictional large underwater metropolis called Rapture, built in 1946 by Andrew Ryan, a Howard Hughes-like industrialist. Rapture was designed to be entirely self-supporting, with all of its electricity, food production, water purification and defense systems powered by undersea volcanic openings. At one point, it is learned that Rapture's population numbered several thousand at its peak during the early 1950s, composed of those people Ryan viewed as the best examples of mankind. A large and tiered economy grew among the people, catering different quality products to different levels of the society.

A scientific discovery upset the balance of the society. Two scientists studying ocean-floor dwelling creatures discovered a species of sea slug that secretes pure stem cells. These could be used to enhance one's body, improving physical or mental capabilities, curing diseases and healing injuries. A young entrepreneur named Tenebaum invested early on in the research to gain control over the material. The substance, dubbed "ADAM", became so sought after in the society, that it became the dominant currency of the city. A "full-scale genetic arms race" broke out between Ryan and Tenebaum as Tenebaum's monopoly on ADAM threatened the current social structure. Ryan eventually won, but everyone in the city was permanently changed. During the war, it was discovered that ADAM could be used to modify one's body, combining technology and mutations to adapt and survive the conflict, but losing their humanity in the process. During the conflict, all natural sources of ADAM were destroyed, which eventually resulted in a major shift in the "ecology" of the city, as all inhabitants had become biologically dependent on ADAM to survive. On New Year's Day in 1959, attacks with biological weapons lead to the downfall of Rapture's society, and the city fell into a state of disrepair.

---

Most of it was the ADAM that screwed up the whole city of Rapture.

Played the demo with the missus watching.

I was amazed (so glad I pre-ordered it and got the bank holiday to play it), and she was scared by it, but thinks it's awesome.

I don't normally enjoy console first-persons that much, but Bioshock is awesome. It's a shame you can't fight a Big Daddy in the demo, but blowing off Splicers heads off and mowing them down with a Thompson is awesome!

Though, the ghost scene in the womens toilets is quiet freaky... which I liked.

I'm probably going to pick this up, and Eternal Sonata.

However the only reason I'm picking this up, is because it's on PC too. I want to see how well Bioshock looks on DX10.

I really haven't done much anticipation for this, but I've been following it quite readily.

I've had my PC Collectors Edition pre-ordered at my local GAME for the last 3 months :p

Thats how much I want this game :yes: It sucks that I have to wait till the 24th to have it..... :cry:

Edited by Cheshire Cat

PC gamers always get the shaft :( I'm still ****ed that there's no PC demo yet and so close to release. They need to get their **** in gear. I don't care how good everyone says it is, I want a demo before I make a decision.

Didn't you hear? Toys R Us has started selling the 360 version of the game already.

WHAT????

I am stopping by today if that is the truth...

What has always annoyed me is how there is usually such a gap between the US release and the UK release...

Seems a bit pointless to me and surely it just increases piracy as people in the UK get hacked US copies so they can play it sooner..... If it is out already at Toys'R'us in the US, then why the hell can't I buy my one over here?

^ Good find. Wonder if the coupon works here in Canada.

Not sure one way or the other, but it does not say it is not. It just says Void Were Prohibited...

Also for those curious, they also have a deal if you buy Madden 08 you can get any other game for 50% off.

Combined with the 20% off coupon, that is two games for $78 plus tax, granted you have to buy Madden 08 though.

Not sure one way or the other, but it does not say it is not. It just says Void Were Prohibited...

Also for those curious, they also have a deal if you buy Madden 08 you can get any other game for 50% off.

Combined with the 20% off coupon, that is two games for $78 plus tax, granted you have to buy Madden 08 though.

I'm not sure if it will let you combine those, but that would be a steal if so. But usually, there's fine print that says "cannot be combined with any other offer" to avoid this exact scenario.