2010 Summer Football Transfers


Recommended Posts

Valerus

miss lehman yet?

Haha yeah. Why Wenger thought that Almunia could fill his shoes...no one will ever know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
rajputwarrior

Haha yeah. Why Wenger thought that Almunia could fill his shoes...no one will ever know.

yeah he's pretty bad. When i heard you guys dropped lehmann i was sooo confused. Started for german or that bum? shouldn't have been a tough choice...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kralik

yeah he's pretty bad. When i heard you guys dropped lehmann i was sooo confused. Started for german or that bum? shouldn't have been a tough choice...

It's strange that Wenger still thinks he's a good keeper.. in a recent interview he said something like.. Almunia is a good keeper but just can't handle the pressure in big games sometimes and makes mistakes.. blink.gif well then he is not a good keeper? is he? Rumour is Osasuna is interested in him.. We should grab the money and run..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Manchester City have completed the ?16m-signing of left-back Aleksander Kolarov from Lazio. :rolleyes:

The 24-year-old Serbia international, who will provide direct competition for Wayne Bridge, was granted a work permit and passed a medical on Saturday.

"I want two top-class players for each position," said coach Roberto Mancini.

"This is an additional benefit to the team. He has a fantastic international career ahead of him. I am looking forward to working with him."

Kolarov, labelled the Serbian Roberto Carlos because of his shooting prowess, had drawn interest from several clubs, and Mancini is pleased to have captured a player he has long admired.

"I first saw Kolarov in his Lazio debut back in 2007. I have watched him a lot since then and so have the Manchester City scouts," added Mancini.

"His attacking capability is very good. He is fast and can shoot with power and accuracy.

"He also has the ability to play in numerous positions and is very good in midfield."

Kolarov, who played twice for his country at the World Cup in South Africa, will not be joining City on their current pre-season tour of America.

The deal will take City's summer spending to ?75m, after signing David Silva, Yaya Toure and Jerome Boateng.

Spanish international winger Silva was unveiled on Wednesday after joining from Valencia in a ?24m deal, while Toure cost a similar amount from Barcelona.

Boateng, who played for Germany in the World Cup, joined City at the beginning of June in a deal thought to be about ?11m.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish says he hopes striker Fernando Torres will commit his future to the club.

The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from Anfield, but Dalglish said he felt the arrival of new boss Roy Hodgson could persuade him to stay.

Captain Steven Gerrard has since said he expects to stay at the club, while Joe Cole has signed from Chelsea.

"When Torres sees that and talks with Roy I'm sure he'll give us good news," Dalglish told 5 live's Sportsweek.

Hodgson told the News of the World on Sunday that he believed he had done all he could to keep Torres at Liverpool.

"Unfortunately, I cannot do much more. His beef is with the club and not me," the paper quoted Hodgson as saying.

Torres has been struggling with injury of late and is currently out with an adductor problem although the club are hopeful he will be fit for the Premier League opening fixture against Arsenal on 15 August.

Chelsea are rumoured to be among the clubs interested in the Spanish World Cup winner, but Dalglish added: "I hope Torres stays. Only Fernando knows what is going to do. Unfortunately for him he is injured but he is a fantastic player and is very happy around the club and the city.

"The fact that Stevie is staying will be a great help and players like Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Jonjo Shelvey and Danny Wilson means there is buying for present and the future."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Kralik just jizzed himself :rofl:

Igor Akinfeev has set his sights on a move to either Arsenal or Manchester United as he looks for a new challenge away from Russia.

The 24-year-old goalkeeper, who has already made 40 appearances at international level, attracted admiring glances following his performances for CSKA Moscow in last season's UEFA Champions League.

He has been linked with a switch to Old Trafford for some time, with current United No. 1 Edwin van der Sar drawing towards the end of his career.

Arsenal, meanwhile, have been tipped to bring in a new shot-stopper this summer and Akinfeev has spoken to compatriot Andrey Arshavin about the club.

Akinfeev admits he would be keen to join one of the Premier League giants, having heard glowing reports about Arsenal from Arshavin.

"Arsenal and Manchester United are two of the very best clubs in the world," Akinfeev told the Daily Star Sunday.

"If both of them are going to be looking for keepers this summer - or even the next summer - then of course I am interested.

Honour

"I have spoken with Arshavin about Arsenal and London life. He has only had good things to say about the club and the city.

"He said some very nice things about me going on to be the best goalkeeper in the world - and that he would like me to reach that goal at Arsenal with him.

"Of course there is every chance this will be the last season for Edwin van der Sar.

"To be the No.1 for Manchester United would be a great honour too.

"They are the biggest football club in the world and, to be their No.1 for a length of time, you know you will have success.

"Juventus have also expressed an interest in me - but Arshavin has sold England to me very well."

Akinfeev does not believe CSKA would block a transfer if the opportunity to move on presented itself.

"My contract doesn't expire until 2013 but I have a great relationship with my president," he explained.

"If the right offer, both for me and the club came in, I don't think anybody would stand in my way.

"I have been in Russia for a lot of years now and feel ready for a new challenge."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kralik

Kralik just jizzed himself :rofl:

Igor Akinfeev has set his sights on a move to either Arsenal or Manchester United as he looks for a new challenge away from Russia.

That might happen when Wenger decides to sign him laugh.gif.. he has shown no signs so far of getting a new keeper.. no.gif

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ended speculation linked him with veteran goalkeeper David James after reportedly turning his attention to Ajax shot-stopper Maarten Stekelenburg.

According to the News of the World, the Gunner's chief is weighing up a bid for the 27-year old who was instrumental in his country's run to the World Cup 2010 final earlier this month.

rofl.gif NotW..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has agreed personal terms with Spanish champions Barcelona, according to a report on Sunday. :alien:

Catalan sports daily Sport claims that the Spain international agreed his contract should he leave the Gunners for the former European champions. It's been reported that the 23-year-old will sign a five-year deal and will receive ?7 million per season.

However, Fabregas' current club Arsenal are yet to agree on a transfer fee with Barcelona. Manager Arsene Wenger is said to hold a meeting with the World Cup winner this week and a decision on the player's future will be decided after that. On Sunday, Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta was quoted as saying that he didn't expect his international teammate to move to Camp Nou.

Nevertheless, Barcelona are keen on signing Fabregas this summer and had already approached the former English champions earlier, only to be turned down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Talksport reporting Chelsea are in talks with Liverpool for Torres :|

Link to post
Share on other sites
rajputwarrior

Talksport reporting Chelsea are in talks with Liverpool for Torres :|

sure (Y) **** you english media... this is what im reading

and...

theres hope!!!!

liverpool has no money, so chelsea :( i would love to have him

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Sky Sports News understands Manchester City are closing on a deal for Mario Balotelli, but a transfer fee is still to be agreed.

The Blues have been chasing the Inter Milan striker for some time, with the talented but temperamental teenager having grown unsettled in Italy.

He suffered numerous bust-ups with former Inter boss Jose Mourinho last season, leading to him becoming disillusioned with life at Giuseppe Meazza.

A summer switch has been widely touted, even though Mourinho has since left for Real Madrid and Rafa Benitez has been appointed as his replacement.

Options

Balotelli's representatives have always maintained that the 19-year-old has numerous options to consider, including sticking with Inter, and they insist that no deal has been struck with City as yet.

However, it is understood that talks regarding an agreement are ongoing and the Premier League side are closing in on one of their top targets.

Reports in Italy have suggested that a ?25million move has already been put in place, but it is understood that no such terms have been agreed.

City remain optimistic regarding their chances of bringing Balotelli to Eastlands, but have put contingency plans in place.

It is believed that Roberto Mancini has identified a list of alternative targets should he miss out on the youngster, who he worked with during his time in the Inter hot-seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Martyn

Looks like Mascherano is off after talks with the club today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kralik

Looks like Mascherano is off after talks with the club today.

Yup..

Mascherano and Hodgson spoke on the midfielder's first day of training after he was granted an extended break following his World Cup exertions with Argentina.

The 25 year-old has made plain his desire to link up again with Rafael Ben?tez, the manager who brought him to Anfield for ?18million following an initial loan in 2007 and is now in charge of Inter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

oh well you'll get a pretty penny for Masch and you can find the next Masch!

Link to post
Share on other sites
rajputwarrior

oh well you'll get a pretty penny for Masch and you can find the next Masch!

if he wants out, then screw'em. let'em leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

looks like Sol is off to Newcastle! :rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dev Null Zen

Sol Campbell to have medical at Newcastle

SOL Campbell is due to have a medical with Newcastle United this afternoon.

The 35-year-old defender has been out of contract since his deal with Arsenal ran out this summer and had been linked with the Magpies' North-East rivals Sunderland as well as Celtic.

But Newcastle have won the race for his services as they look to strengthen their defence ahead of their return to the top flight.

Campbell is expected to undergo a medical this afternoon and, provided there are no problems, the former England international should be confirmed as a Newcastle player tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua's move to Fiorentina is in danger of falling through, according to the Serie A club.

Fiorentina fear the player's wage demands could put the Argentine's switch to the Artemio Franchi in jeopardy.

Insua seemed set to leave Liverpool after Fiorentina agreed an undisclosed fee with the Merseyside side for the left-back.

However, Fiorentina sporting director Pantaleo Corvino has warned Insua that he might have to take a drop in wages to tie up the move to Italy.

"We have an agreement with the English club, but we have to find an understanding with the player in terms of wages," Corvino told Quotidianopuglia.it.

"We cannot guarantee him the figures that he gets at Liverpool."

Link to post
Share on other sites
rajputwarrior

Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua's move to Fiorentina is in danger of falling through, according to the Serie A club.

"We cannot guarantee him the figures that he gets at Liverpool."

hahaha, they have less money then we do!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

West Ham have offered Scott Parker a new contract worth ?20million over five years as proof that they intend to build their future around him. :o

Chairman David Sullivan caused a stir last season when he claimed the entire squad would be up for sale apart from Parker, who was an inspirational force as the Hammers escaped relegation at the end of a dismal campaign.

The 29-year-old's dynamic midfield form made an impression on England boss Fabio Capello, who selected Parker for his preliminary 30-man World Cup squad, although he was one of the seven who missed the final cut for South Africa.

It also prompted interest from other managers, including Aston Villa's Martin O'Neill and Tottenham's Harry Redknapp, who are able to offer European football in the campaign ahead.

Sullivan, who claimed last week that Villa did not have enough money to sign Parker, would like to see his captain put his name to a new five-year contract worth ?75,000 a week, even though there are still three years left to run on his current deal at West Ham.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1298169/West-Ham-offer-Scott-Parker-20m-deal.html#ixzz0uwKQbvEm

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Liverpool have agreed a deal worth ?2.5 million with Aston Villa for defender Luke Young, according to the Guardian.

Young, 31, has become surplus to requirements following the repositioning of Carlos Cuellar to right-back at Villa, and Liverpool are keen to strengthen their full-back positions due to the release of Fabio Aurelio and the impending sales of Philipp Degen and Emiliano Insuaand.

It is unknown whether Young, known for his versatility, is intended to be used by Hodgson as a backup to right-back Glen Johnson or as a first choice left-back to replace Emiliano Insua.

Young was used by Martin O?Neill as a left-back in 2009 following an injury to then first choice Wilfred Bouma, but fell out of favour with the Villa coach last season, starting just 14 Premier League games throughout the whole of the domestic campaign.

Young will also help Liverpool?s homegrown players quota, a ruling newly introduced to the Premier League, should the sale go through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
rajputwarrior

Liverpool have agreed a deal worth ?2.5 million with Aston Villa for defender Luke Young, according to the Guardian.

lovin the influx of young players. shows they are rebuilding properly (Y)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Martyn

lovin the influx of young players. shows they are rebuilding properly (Y)

Luke Young is 31 and he is not 'Liverpool standard' in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Frank B.

Raul agrees two-year contract with Schalke

Raul has agreed a two-year deal to sign for German side Schalke 04, after leaving Real Madrid, according to the club.

It has long been known that Raul would leave Real Madrid after an 18-year association with the Spain side and Schalke were tipped as favourites after he was linked with a move to England. Indeed Schalke coach Felix Magath said he would thrive at the club.

''He will be a sensation in the Bundesliga,'' Magath told German newspaper Bild earlier this week. ''He will be an important player for us and will give a lot to the team.''

Raul scored 323 goals in 741 games for Real Madrid, as well as 44 in 102 appearances for Spain.

Source: ESPN

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.