2010 Summer Football Transfers


Recommended Posts

Damo R.

West Ham have rejected a bid from Tottenham for midfielder Scott Parker.

The 29-year-old England international, who has three years left on his contract, has been linked with a move away from Upton Park.

But Hammers chairman David Sullivan told the club website that Parker is not for sale at any price.

"I made a promise that I would not sell Scott and I will not, for any amount of money, break that promise to the West Ham supporters," he said.

"Scott is not for sale at any price, to anyone. West Ham supporters, for far too long, have had owners that sell their best players and promise one thing and do another.

"This is a new era. We are building a bigger, better West Ham and when we make a promise, we honour it."

Parker joined the Hammers from Newcastle in 2007 for ?7m and had moved to the Magpies two years earlier in a ?6.5m switch from Chelsea.

West Ham reiterated the stance of their chairman over Parker's future and a statement read: "The club would like to state that regardless of the size of the bid, nothing will break the promise that chairman David Sullivan made to our supporters.

"As repeatedly stated, Scott Parker is not for sale and there are no circumstances and no amount of money that will cause us to break that pledge to the fans.

"The club informed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy prior to him making the offer that we would not welcome any approach to unsettle the player.

"Scott Parker has three years left on his contract and the club has opened talks with his agent over a new five-year deal."

Parker, who missed out on a place in England's World Cup squad for this summer's final in South Africa, returned to club action last Friday against Panathinaikos.

He captained the side and played for 45 minutes in the 1-0 win over the Greek outfit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Surrealist

I'm not saying England would've beaten Germany but they'd have a hellova better chance with Parker marking Ozil - and Muller at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Spanish giants Real Madrid are on the verge of signing Germany international Sami Khedira from Bundesliga side Stuttgart after agreeing personal terms with the holding midfielder, if a report in AS is to be believed.

Madrid and Khedira were already close to agreeing terms about a week ago, but the 23-year-old then asked for an annual wage package of ?7 million when Bayern Munich expressed an interest in signing the midfielder.

However, Khedira has now lowered his demands again and has agreed terms with the Merengues.

Real Madrid have yet to reach an agreement with Stuttgart over a transfer fee, but an offer in the region of ?10m is believed to be enough to lure the highly rated midfielder away from his current club. Negotiations between the clubs will be opened in the upcoming days.

Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is eager to add a defensive midfielder to his squad this summer to partner Xabi Alonso and the Portuguese gaffer apparently sees Khedira as the perfect option after Daniele de Rossi's transfer fell through earlier this summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Inter have wasted no time in throwing together a move for Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano, who is intent on quitting the Merseysiders.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson confirmed the Argentinian has expressed a desire to leave Anfield on Tuesday, and Inter are first in line to entice him away from the Premier League.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claims Inter are eager to use Mascherano's stance on leaving for their own gain, but president Massimo Moratti is not keen on spending ?25-30 million on the midfielder.

The latest indications from Milan suggest the Italian champions will offer Sulley Muntari, who has become peripheral to plans, plus a ?15m lump sum in exchange for Mascherano.

The Ghana international had a decent World Cup and is admired by Hodgson, who wouldn't mind having him at the club as a replacement for the outgoing 'Masch'.

Inter are now expected to speak up with the Reds, as dialogue becomes resonant over a prospective deal.

---

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho cannot resist Maicon as he stays vividly in mind, but the Inter defender's high wage demands have seen the move take another turn towards the slow lane.

Reports on Tuesday in La Gazzetta dello Sport claimed Inter and Madrid had agreed on the terms of the transfer: ?28 million plus performance-related bonuses.

But reaching a full conclusion appears a distant possibility according to Il Corriere dello Sport as the move is blocked over the failure to agree wages.

Maicon seems in no mood to lower his ?7m per annum wage demands. That stance seemed to be encouraged by his agent Antonio Caliendo, who last week said his client is not inferior to Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo.

But the hand that feeds mouths in Madrid, Florentino Perez, will not add a grain to his ?5.5m a year wage offer for Maicon.

Despite the deal becoming idle, Mourinho is ready to speak with Blancos chiefs in an attempt to persuade them to shift up a gear and bring the long deal to an end.

Voices claim that Thiago Silva of Milan remains an alternative, but that piste seems unstable as the Italian club have said he is not for sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Former Portsmouth goalkeeper David James is set to snub the advances of Champions League sides Celtic and Chelsea to move to Bristol City, according to the Scottish Sun.

James, 39, is available on a free transfer after the south coast outfit failed to offer him a fresh contract due to its dire financial situation. Celtic were believed to be keen on adding his experience to their set-up, while Chelsea were keen on bringing in top class cover for injured shot-stopper Petr Cech.

The pair are believed to be set to be beaten to the World Cup goalkeeper's signature after he began negotiations with the ambitious Championship outfit.

New manager Steve Coppell is understood to see him as a pivotal signing to see his charges win promotion to the Premier League and he could ink a 12-month deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shibby

Former Portsmouth goalkeeper David James is set to snub the advances of Champions League sides Celtic and Chelsea to move to Bristol City, according to the Scottish Sun.

James, 39, is available on a free transfer after the south coast outfit failed to offer him a fresh contract due to its dire financial situation. Celtic were believed to be keen on adding his experience to their set-up, while Chelsea were keen on bringing in top class cover for injured shot-stopper Petr Cech.

The pair are believed to be set to be beaten to the World Cup goalkeeper's signature after he began negotiations with the ambitious Championship outfit.

New manager Steve Coppell is understood to see him as a pivotal signing to see his charges win promotion to the Premier League and he could ink a 12-month deal.

Crap source!

Pompey had a contract on offer and kept extending it so he could have time to think, he kept taking too long, so we had to call it quits as we need to sign someone soon. ?So we'll probably resign Ashdown who we released at the end of the last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Martyn

Heard from a few people that we might be getting Fabio Aurelio back on a pay as you play contract. Not sure how true this is though.

Also heard that Luke Young is demanding too much money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

David Beckham has promised West Ham he will make a decision soon over whether to spend his remaining playing days at Upton Park. :rofl:

The 35-year-old former England captain, who was born in East London, is currently contracted with MLS club LA Galaxy.

The midfielder is set to return from an Achilles injury in the coming weeks before coming back to Europe in January.

Beckham has long been linked with a return to his roots at West Ham, and co-owner David Gold is keen to see the veteran wind up his career at the Premier League club.

"We had some discussions with David's agents a few months ago and it was a possibility," Gold said in The Sun.

"He's preoccupied with a few projects but he's promised he will give every consideration to the possibility of joining us."

Link to post
Share on other sites
deuz

Chelsea were keen on bringing in top class cover for injured shot-stopper Petr Cech.

i'm still struggling to fathom how he is englands best keeper.

any news on the liverpool or arsenal front?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kralik

i'm still struggling to fathom how he is englands best keeper.

any news on the liverpool or arsenal front?

Vertonghen wants to come in.. lets see if AW is interested in him too.. also read Giovinco is interested in Arsenal but don;t know abt that one as it was The Sun and we dont really need any more in attack..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

David Beckham has "no interest" in leaving American team Los Angeles Galaxy and has had no contact with West Ham, according to his spokesman. :laugh:

West Ham co-owner David Gold claims to have held talks with the 35-year-old former England captain's agent.

But Beckham's spokesman said: "Whilst it's flattering, there has been no contact with or offer from West Ham. David has no interest in leaving."

The midfielder is recovering from an Achilles tendon injury.

Gold reportedly hoped that Beckham, who was born in Leytonstone, east London - close to West Ham - would end his playing days with the club.

The Hammers co-owner is also said to have wanted the midfielder to help the club's attempts to move into the Olympics Stadium in London after the 2012 Games.

However, the player's spokesman added: "David is happy at LA Galaxy and is looking forward to returning to the team on 9 August."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Skysports.com understands Fulham are leading the race to sign Aston Villa defender Luke Young.

Liverpool appeared to be favourites to land the versatile defender after agreeing a deal with Villa, but it understood the move has collapsed as the player does not want to move his family north.

The former Tottenham and Charlton man is believed to be holding out for a move back to the capital as he seeks a switch away from Villa.

Villa are ready to offload Young after he dropped well down the pecking order in Martin O'Neill's plans.

A number of clubs including Sunderland and Fulham are believed to have expressed an interest in the 31-year-old, but Fulham are favourites for his signature.

Fulham have held a long-term interest in Young and incoming boss Mark Hughes is believed to be ready to push through a deal for the former England international as he looks to bolster the squad at Craven Cottage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kostaz

wouldnt put it past them! :rofl:

I think they already have more than enough goalies,besides

he's sh*t on crosses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

I think they already have more than enough goalies,besides

he's sh*t on crosses.

yeah plus he disappears around Easter! just when he is really needed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kostaz

yeah plus he disappears around Easter! just when he is really needed!

He can't even play on sundays.

It'll be a miracle if he gets a work permit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Valerus

haha Jesus puns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
rajputwarrior

I think they already have more than enough goalies,besides

he's sh*t on crosses.

hahahahahahhahahahah

Link to post
Share on other sites
Martyn

I think they already have more than enough goalies,besides

he's sh*t on crosses.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Bristol City have secured the surprise signing of former Portsmouth goalkeeper David James on a one-year deal with an option for an additional 12 months.

Skysports.com revealed on Thursday that the Championship Robins were close to completing the major coup of landing the England shot-stopper and the deal has now been confirmed.

Celtic and Sunderland had been interested in James, but the clubs dropped their pursuit because they could not reach an agreement with the soon-to-be 40-year-old.

It is understood that the ex-Liverpool, Aston Villa, West Ham and Manchester City No.1 wanted a one-year deal with an option to extend the terms, which, crucially, was on offer at Ashton Gate.

James passed a medical with Steve Coppell's side on Friday and his contract will become active on 1st August, allowing him to make his expected debut in City's season-opener against Millwall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arron

Bristol City have secured the surprise signing of former Portsmouth goalkeeper David James on a one-year deal with an option for an additional 12 months.

Skysports.com revealed on Thursday that the Championship Robins were close to completing the major coup of landing the England shot-stopper and the deal has now been confirmed.

Celtic and Sunderland had been interested in James, but the clubs dropped their pursuit because they could not reach an agreement with the soon-to-be 40-year-old.

It is understood that the ex-Liverpool, Aston Villa, West Ham and Manchester City No.1 wanted a one-year deal with an option to extend the terms, which, crucially, was on offer at Ashton Gate.

James passed a medical with Steve Coppell's side on Friday and his contract will become active on 1st August, allowing him to make his expected debut in City's season-opener against Millwall.

Surprising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.

Real Madrid have confirmed Sami Khedira has accepted a five-year contract to join the club from Stuttgart.

German outfit Stuttgart announced earlier on Friday that an undisclosed fee had been agreed with Real for the sale of Khedira.

The Spanish giants have now followed up that news by revealing the midfielder had agreed a move to the Santiago Bernabeu on a contract through to 2015.

Khedira had impressed for Germany during the World Cup finals and he scored the winning goal in the third-place play-off against Uruguay.

He had been part of the Stuttgart first-team fold since 2006, but only had 12 months remaining on his contract.

Real coach Jose Mourinho had been keen to increase his midfield options since taking charge in Madrid and will now have Khedira to call on during the coming season.

---

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti is planning to hold further talks with Manchester City on Monday regarding a deal for Mario Balotelli.

City are trying to add the teenage striker to their squad, but have yet to come to an agreement with both Inter and the player.

According to reports in Italy, City have lowered their offer for Balotelli from an initial ?30million (?25m) to ?27m (?22.5m) and they are also yet to meet the 19-year-old's personal demands.

Balotelli's agent has revealed that the player is becoming 'anxious' regarding the failure to finalise a move and discussions now appear to be on hold until after the weekend.

Moratti confirmed that no agreement is yet in place, but he remains prepared to let Balotelli leave Inter for the right price.

"For Balotelli to go to Man City, we are still missing an agreement with the club," Moratti told Sky Italia.

"We will probably talk about this on Monday to try and find a definite agreement with the English side."

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.