Xbox Insiders in the Omega Ring have something new to look forward to today, with the release of the first build that's part of version 1911 of the Xbox One's operating system. The build number is 18363.8102. The Omega Ring is the final stage of testing before new updates become generally available, so it shouldn't be too far off now.
This release comes with a couple of additions for Insiders, starting with the return of voice dictation, or speech to text. You can press the View button when the keyboard is open to start dictating, assuming you have a headset or Kinect, and now you can do it in more languages. Here's the full list of supported languages for dictation in this build:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional – Hong Kong)
- Chinese (Traditional – Taiwan)
- English (Australia)
- English (Canada)
- English (India)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
The only other notable change is that the console will now notify you when you uninstall a game that's part of a Group or Content Block on the dashboard, giving you the option to remove it from there as well.
Aside from that, this release has a handful of fixes:
- Fixed an issue where users would get an error when leaving a party.
- Various UI fixes while using Light Theme.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Despite including some fixes, there are also many known issues in this release, some of which have been present in previous Insider builds. These include issues with Dolby Atmos.
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Users are unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones.
- Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.
My Games & Apps
- Uninstalling a title (game/app) fails for some users with the error message “Something Went Wrong”. We are aware of this and investigating.
- The overlay for Party chat may display the same users multiple times.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
The new build will be available at 2PM Pacific Time today and will become mandatory for Omega ring Insiders by tomorrow at 3AM.