WebSite-Watcher is a powerful yet simple website-monitoring tool, perfectly suited to the beginner and advanced user alike. If you can work with an email client, you can even work with WebSite-Watcher! The software places you in complete control over what gets checked, when it gets checked, and even how you are notified.
WebSite-Watcher main features:
- Monitor web pages
- Monitor password protected pages
- Monitor forums for new postings and replies
- Monitor PDF/Word/Excel documents
- Monitor binary files
- Monitor local files
- Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
- Highlight changes in a page
- Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
- Many more features to stay up-to-date.
Lots of other features:
- Additional actions when updates are detected - For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
- Powerful Plugin system - Bookmark checks can be enhanced with the integrated Plugin system. For example to monitor a page for a specific price and alert an update only if the price is less than USD 100. Plugins must be written in the programming language Basic. WebSite-Watcher contains an integrated development system, no other tools are required.
- Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.) - All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports... all without even having to be online.
- Archive pages permanently - Keep the information you need by archiving pages with our tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
- Synchronize bookmark files - Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
- Backup and Restore - The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
WebSite-Watcher 2022 22.1 changelog:
- Update on keywords: keywords can be combined with a logical AND by placing a " + " (space-plus-space) between keywords. Whole words are supported by placing the keywords into quotes.
- keyword1 + keyword2
- "keyword1" + "keyword2" + "keyword3"
- "website" + "watcher"
- Cloudflare protected pages supported. WebSite-Watcher detects and handles this protection automatically, a separate configuration is no longer requied.
- Extended Search: New option to search for whole words
- Chromium Check Macros: New command "reload" to reload the currently opened page.
- Plugins: New built-in function that makes it easier to search for keywords:
- KeywordExists(sSearch, sKeyword, bWholeWord)
- Follow-Links: Placing multiple master bookmarks into a single folder could produce duplicate bookmarks under certain circumstances
- Smaller fixes and improvements
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware