Xbox One Launch Thread

spacer

Can we drop the whole "omg Netflix behind a pay wall why should I pay more???" Crap already? Its the main reason XBOX has the best netlfix and hulu apps around.

That is a woefully ignorant statement. PS3's Netflix app is exponentially better than the 360's. The PS4's verison is really good, but I don't have any experience with the One's.

-T-

I concur, the Xbox 360 Netflix app was horrible, I preferred the PS3 one by far

FiB3R

Popped into Game on my travels, today.

Spoke with the store manager for a bit, and he said I can bring my Day One edition down there tomorrow, and he will let me exchange it for another, but give me Forza with it, instead of FIFA.

Win.

Edit: That also means I get to take advantage of the in-store only offer of ?10 off a game when you buy a console, but apart from Forza, I'm finding it hard to choose, nothing grabs me as a must-have.

• Like 1
-T-

Popped into Game on my travels, today.

Spoke with the store manager for a bit, and he said I can bring my Day One edition down there tomorrow, and he will let me exchange it for another, but give me Forza with it, instead of FIFA.

Win.

Edit: That also means I get to take advantage of the in-store only offer of ?10 off a game when you buy a console, but apart from Forza, I'm finding it hard to choose, nothing grabs me as a must-have.

Might have to try my luck with my local Game. Absolutely no interest in that crappy series. Sucks i'll need to wait until PES 2015 probably, for a good football game

Andrew

"Dispatching now"

ItsHappening.gif :bounce:

• Like 2
Houtei

That is a woefully ignorant statement. PS3's Netflix app is exponentially better than the 360's. The PS4's verison is really good, but I don't have any experience with the One's.

No its an opinion. THAT is a ignorant statement.

For me Hulu is hands down the best on 360 and netflix although the basic layout is a tad better on my ps3 the xbox is but smoother for me and I enjoy being able to use kinect and the big thing is I have never once had to shut my xbox off because netflix or hulu locked up on me with the 360 but ps3 i cant watch more than 3 things in a row before it happens usually.

• Like 1
+Audioboxer

This doesn't matter, but does anyone know why they changed the side the disc is at? :P

BZmvWNECcAEdTry.jpg:large

timster

so, whens this thing gonna get hacked?

I just saw the Xbox One version of Call of Duty Ghosts on a couple of torrent sites.

George P

so, whens this thing gonna get hacked?

I just saw the Xbox One version of Call of Duty Ghosts on a couple of torrent sites.

Those could be fake.   We'll see how long it takes but I don't expect it anytime soon tbh.

FiB3R

This doesn't matter, but does anyone know why they changed the side the disc is at? :p

/snip

Because most people are right handed?

BajiRav

I concur, the Xbox 360 Netflix app was horrible, I preferred the PS3 one by far

Does PS3 support "Xbox, pause" ?

:p

spacer

No its an opinion. THAT is a ignorant statement.

For me Hulu is hands down the best on 360 and netflix although the basic layout is a tad better on my ps3 the xbox is but smoother for me and I enjoy being able to use kinect and the big thing is I have never once had to shut my xbox off because netflix or hulu locked up on me with the 360 but ps3 i cant watch more than 3 things in a row before it happens usually.

At risk of derailing the thread, it's not ignorant of me to say you're wrong. Netflix on the PS3 is objectively better than the 360's version. All you have to do is time the app during start-up, searching, buffering, and the time it takes to go from SD to HD on the stream. The 360 loses in every category. You may like the LAYOUT of the 360 more, and that IS subjective, but on every other merit the PS3's version is better.

vcfan

At risk of derailing the thread, it's not ignorant of me to say you're wrong. Netflix on the PS3 is objectively better than the 360's version. All you have to do is time the app during start-up, searching, buffering, and the time it takes to go from SD to HD on the stream. The 360 loses in every category. You may like the LAYOUT of the 360 more, and that IS subjective, but on every other merit the PS3's version is better.

both versions are identical now with the new update, so you now like the xbox 360 version ;)

FiB3R

Those could be fake.   We'll see how long it takes but I don't expect it anytime soon tbh.

Ghosts was dumped about a week ago, but successfully dumping a game, does not a hack make.

It is being worked on though, make no mistake about that.

Edit: I read not to expect anything until next year, which is crazily (too?) soon. I would have laughed it off, if it wasn't for the person that said it. 

• Like 1
George P

Ghosts was dumped about a week ago, but successfully dumping a game, does not a hack make.

It is being worked on though, make no mistake about that.

Edit: I read not to expect anything until next year, which is crazily (too?) soon. I would have laughed it off, if it wasn't for the person that said it. 

We'll see, maybe they feel confident now that the systems are back to using x86 hardware and so on.  

Martog

Well my Dead Rising 3 Day One shipped from Amazon, nothing from Microsoft yet on the console, maybe they are not at work yet lol

Houtei

Well it is since there is no way to be wrong about personal taste and opinions... Yeah it kinda was ignorant.  Your not wrong either.  An extra 2 seconds here and there FOR ME does not make up for the other annoyances and god how i love "xbox pause" lol.

ANYWAYS back on topic.  My order from amazon came back with a update order method crap even though i have plenty of money in the bank and now its prolly delayed and that makes me  :angry:

trooper11

This doesn't matter, but does anyone know why they changed the side the disc is at? :p

Just can't help yourself huh?

riahc3

Hello,

Walked into a store today and saw headunits and controllers already being sold. I picked up a box to read it out of curioisity and one of the employees came up and told me that if I bought the Xbox One today (its Nov 21 here) from the store, I would get 100 bucks off. Had some crazed look in his eyes too so I said no and walked away.

Is this a MS thing or a store thing?

Houtei

BZmvWNECcAEdTry.jpg:large

Because we turning Japanese I think we turning Japanese I really think 

so !!!!

• Like 1
Andrew

Dispatched and being delivered by DPD (who IMO are the best courier service going), so I will definitely have mine tomorrow :woot:

• Like 2
riahc3

Hello,

No, Xbox One games have already been dumped. They are uploaded but you cant do anything with them.

I think it'll be easier this time around with a x86-64 processor.

FiB3R

More photos: http://imgur.com/a/rEcSh

N2Weq55.jpg

Tempted to shoot down there. Probably wont though.