Xbox One Launch Thread

+Ryster    868

They are? Nice! Forget everything I said!

Forget what? /g

Kostas Kostoglou    0

I havent received any email/ credit card confirmation but it says this. im getting a little antsy knowing its coming tomorrow and havent received detailed info. but your description and mine is pretty similar

I'm hoping it's just a case of them not updating the status on the website yet, but Amazon.co.uk seem to be cutting it a little fine for my liking.

I pre-ordered in June, and less than 6 hours before launch day, the status on the website still says "Preparing for Dispatch". It's been in this status since late last night.  My copy of Dead Rising 3 was despatched yesterday. I was a Prime member at the time I ordered so I've paid for expedited delivery, but still....  me a little nervous :)

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

post-446263-0-33109800-1385060591.png

Brewzzin    6

soitbegins.jpg

$128.05?!  :huh:

• Like 2
Atomic Wanderer Chicken    1,585

$128.05?!  :huh:

I think Xendrome must have had gift card credit that covered most of the price of the Xbox one, which would make sense.
  • Like 1
spacer    988

I think I'm going to take advantage of Best Buy's 360 trade-in promotion to get a new 360. I currently have an Elite model that is starting to make noise while reading discs. So I'm going to trade it in for $100, buy an E Holiday bundle off of Amazon, and walk way with a brand new, replacement 360 and 2 games for $150. Woot. That should hold me over until I decide to get a One.

Brewzzin    6

I think Xendrome must have had gift card credit that covered most of the price of the Xbox one, which would make sense.

That would make sense.  

• Like 1
Andrew    2,861

Xbox UK just tweeted 15 minutes ago they have 101 Day One consoles to sell tonight at the Area One event in London. Might be worth going down there soon if you haven't got a pre-order.

trooper11    1,096

Well that is just great. Thanks to Amazon, I now wont get my console until Monday. Everything was just fine until this morning, when they process the payment incorrectly and put the whole thing on hold. I get it all sorted, but now its too late to get it shipped on time.

Oh but I'll still get my game and extra controller! :crazy:

xendrome    5,583

You would be correct!

FiB3R    1,663

Well that is just great. Thanks to Amazon, I now wont get my console until Monday. Everything was just fine until this morning, when they process the payment incorrectly and put the whole thing on hold. I get it all sorted, but now its too late to get it shipped on time.

Oh but I'll still get my game and extra controller! :crazy:

I had a similar issue with Game.

Apperently, out of nowhere, there were two Xbox's in my basket (I had checked on it multiple times before, so I know I didn't put two in there), and so the large transaction was declined by the CC company (who tried to call me, but had an old number).

Luckily, Game tried to take the payment on the 14th, so I had enough time to get it sorted.

I had 48hrs in which to contact them, otherwise I suppose I would have lost my pre-order position.

They've told me 100% it will not effect it being a Day One edition, or the delivery date, but I'm still kinda worried about that tbh.

spudtrooper    335

Armored cars delivering XB1's to NYC

Uu0OBrH.jpg

• Like 6
spacer    988

They're the only ones with enough torque to move an Xbox One.  :rofl:

• Like 3
freak180    551

How are they shipping it exactly? UPS?

-T-    672

I'm so lame I'm going to bed now @ 9:30Pm, just to get up and be closer to the consoles arriving :D

• Like 5
Kostas Kostoglou    0

I got no emails from amazon about my card being charge but i just went and checked my chase account and there is a temporary charge.for 544... im feeling a litte more confident now even though its been saying shipping all day and no other status

Brewzzin    6

Just got my amazon notification on my phone that it shipped. Expected delivery is tomorrow.

xboxfan50    8

I'm getting that feeling of excitement in my stomach, it's so close!

• Like 2
Martog    70

Evidently they are still processing the pre-orders for Day One as a rep assured me I'd have it tomorrow despite not having shipping info yet.

Kostas Kostoglou    0

Yea i was assured as well but what annoys me is that my friend put their preorder on a regular xbox(before changed to dayone) on amazon in september while mine was in june and got tracking info in the afternoon.. oh well as long as i get mine i dont care but i keep checking my status every few lol

Martog    70

Yea i was assured as well but what annoys me is that my friend put their preorder on a regular xbox(before changed to dayone) on amazon in september while mine was in june and got tracking info in the afternoon.. oh well as long as i get mine i dont care but i keep checking my status every few lol

Yeah I'm just a bit nervous too on it.  They could've slapped them on the trucks and will be putting in the shipping info later.  Almost wish I would have just pre-ordered at the local gamestop since we have one now, I keep forgetting since I generally just Amazon my games, my two X1 games are from Amazon due to my Discover Card cash back, only paid $24 for DR3 and AC4 lol.  My AC4 is sitting here on my desk.  Need to disconnect my PS3 sometime.

trooper11    1,096

I would make a thread for the live launch event tonight at 11, but considering how few were following the ps4 thread, I don't think its worth it.

Plus, MS made it clear that there would be no surprise new game announcement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Asher Madan
      You can earn these Destiny 2: Trials of Osiris rewards from September 18 to 22
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Destiny 2 hosts a Trials of Osiris event where teams of three compete for access to The Lighthouse. The Lighthouse promises Pinnacle rewards that boost you closer to the current 1060 Power Level cap.

The player vs. player competition also grants other items if you get three, five, or seven wins. However, you'll have to get seven wins in a row, without a loss, if you want to grab the Pinnacle gear from The Lighthouse. You can take a look at the Trials of Osiris rewards from September 18 to 22 below.

Three wins: Eye of Sol legendary sniper rifle Five wins: Mark of the Exile legendary armor Seven wins: The Summoner legendary auto rifle Flawless: Legs of Exile legendary armor Trials of Osiris starts at 1 PM EDT on Friday and lasts until 1 PM EDT on Tuesday. You can use the Passage of Mercy from Saint-14 because it forgives one loss if you're aiming for Flawless. If you manage to get seven wins in a row, you'll have to manually select The Lighthouse location displayed in the Crucible menu to obtain the Pinnacle reward. This involves jumping across a few platforms and opening the chest where Saint-14 and Osiris are standing.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Gears Tactics will receive new features alongside its Xbox console launch
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Earlier this month, alongside all of the news about the new Xbox Series X|S, it was slipped in that Gears Tactics would be finally coming to Xbox consoles following its run on PC. The arrival is happening on the launch day of the next-gen Xbox consoles, November 10, and today, The Coalition revealed several enhancements that will reach the title on the same day across Xbox consoles and PC.

The fast-paced strategy game — which received a 9/10 - Excellent verdict from us for the PC version — will see Jack joining the Gears as a new playable character. The hovering robot will come with abilities that will be familiar to Gears 5 players, with it being able to use various auras and hijack enemies as part of its skill tree with over 20 new abilities.

More powerful "Deviant" enemies are being introduced with this update too, which will have special abilities for disrupting player strategies. To help deal with these upgraded locusts, the studio is bringing in a new type of equipment, Supreme, promising even greater firepower, protection, and upgrades than Legendary loot.

The Coalition says Gears Tactics will run at 60FPS at 4K resolution on the Xbox Series X, though it didn’t divulge information on how the game performs on the Xbox One family or the Series S. Moreover, enhanced controller support is coming to both Xbox consoles and PC.

Gears Tactics is releasing on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S on November 10 for $59.99. It is also available via the Xbox Game Pass subscription service.

Meanwhile, a new Gears of War-themed Xbox Wireless controller is incoming accompanied by a matching charging stand. Controller Gear is building this officially licensed Locust Horde Limited Edition Controller and stand, and it will be out on November 3, with pre-orders available now.

• By Asher Madan
      Crysis Remastered suffers from massive performance and visual issues on Xbox One X
      by Asher Madan

Today, Crysis Remastered launched on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4 for $29.99. Developer Crytek said that the Xbox One X, PC, and PlayStation 4 Pro versions feature a ray-tracing mode to improve reflections, but after having spent some time playing the game, we can confirm that Ray-Traced mode on Xbox One X doesn't work well.

The image freezes as soon as you launch the game and it's almost impossible to play Crysis Remastered with ray-tracing enabled on Microsoft's console. We had to restart the game twice to get it to work, and even then noticed massive frame rate drops. Furthermore, Quality mode also appears to suffer from some bugs. When we changed the rendering to that, we noticed that the image randomly shrunk. It's unclear if this is a flawed implementation of dynamic scaling or if there are other underlying issues.

If you're picking up Crysis Remastered on Xbox One X, we would recommend playing it in Performance mode because that seems to have the least amount of problems. The only problem we detected was a massively fluctuating frame rate that goes from 60 frames per second (FPS) to 30 FPS when traversing more open areas. However, you'll want to switch over to Performance mode every time you launch Crysis Remastered because it defaults to Quality mode. Sometimes, the game says that it's in Performance mode when it really isn't, so you'll want to manually select Quality mode again, and then revert back to Performance mode.

Crysis originally launched in 2007 and garnered stellar reviews. It not only pushed the boundaries of first-person shooters, but also visuals. The popular But Can It Run Crysis? meme is a direct result of this project due to the high specification requirements. We've reached out to Crytek for comment about the bugs in Crysis Remastered and shall update you as soon as we receive a response. Many gamers on Twitter, like GameTripper UK, have also complained about these issues on the Xbox One X.

• By Asher Madan
      These are the best Xbox One games launching next week
      by Asher Madan

Every week, a number of games launch on Xbox One, and deciding which ones to purchase can be a difficult decision. We've compiled a list of titles that are launching between September 21 and 25. The games mentioned below are stellar experiences that you should consider picking up. The highlight of next week has to be Mafia: Definitive Edition.

Mafia: Definitive Edition

Mafia: Definitive Edition is slated to launch on September 25, priced at $39.99. The game runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X. You can purchase Mafia: Definitive Edition through the Microsoft Store.

Port Royale 4

Port Royale 4 is expected to launch on September 25, starting at $53.99. The game also runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X. You can get Port Royale 4 on the Microsoft Store.

Trollhunters: Defenders of Arcadia

Trollhunters: Defenders of Arcadia will launch on September 25, priced at $39.99. You can purchase it by visiting the Microsoft Store.

Which games out of these are you interested in? Let us know.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Here's when you can pre-order Xbox Series X, Series S
      by Usama Jawad

We have already known for sometime that Xbox Series X|S consoles are launching on November 10, with preorders open from September 22. However, following Sony's PlayStation 5 preorder fiasco, Microsoft seems to be taking extreme care to ensure that the same snafu doesn't happen for its customers.

To that end, Microsoft has detailed exactly when and where you'll be able to preorder Xbox Series X, Series S consoles from.

In a blog post, the company has stated that its upcoming consoles will be available in 37 countries by November 10, and 41 countries by this holiday season. From September 22, preorders for the Series X and SeriesS at $499 and $299, respectively, will start as follows:

Similarly, preorders will also open on the same at 9AM CEST across Europe, Middle East, and Africa at various retailers including Microsoft Store, Amazon, MediaMarkt, GameStop, FNAC, and Elkjøp/Elgiganten.

On the other hand, if you'd rather enroll in Microsoft's Xbox All Access program which allows you to lease the Series X|S for a monthly fee of $34.99|$24.99 bundled with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, pre-order start as follows on September 22:

Microsoft has specifically noted that pre-orders for Xbox All Access will not be available in Canada, France, Poland, and South Korea on September 22 but they will be open before the consoles' official launch. The company plans to share more details about its rollout soon.