Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

Hey is it normal not too be prompted for a product key during or after installation of Vista Business RTM? I just installed it and I haven't been asked to enter it yet. Says I have 3 days till auto activate. Does it ask for it then?

*No I didn't receive mine from the offer yet. A friend of mine DL'd the ISO for Business edition from the MS eOpen website.

Hey is it normal not too be prompted for a product key during or after installation of Vista Business RTM? I just installed it and I haven't been asked to enter it yet. Says I have 3 days till auto activate. Does it ask for it then?

*No I didn't receive mine from the offer yet. A friend of mine DL'd the ISO for Business edition from the MS eOpen website.

on the system properties page where it shows your system rateing at the bottom there is a link to enter or change your key and activate

i just mailed the form... can't wait to get it :)

Hopefully you guys have been checking your credit report. Microsoft said in a earlier statement that the website was not theres. :D

:whistle: $$$

I just got this today:

Dear Michael:

Congratulations, you?ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number xxxxx on hand.

woot

I got this for the Office one a few days ago.:):) I didn't sign up for the Vista ones, because I'm supposed to be getting the upgrade of it. MS has been very generous, I think. They've given away a lot of stuff here lately.

MS never officially gave details on Anytime Upgrade so your guess is as good as mine...

Retail difference between Business and Ultimate is $100, upgrade difference is $69

I can only guess it's between those two figures

MS never officially gave details on Anytime Upgrade so your guess is as good as mine...

Retail difference between Business and Ultimate is $100, upgrade difference is $69

I can only guess it's between those two figures

Sounds good to me! :)

FINALLY!

Got the fax to go through, ATM the number is NOT BUSY! But I am sure it will be soon, so you want to get your fax through, do it now.

Also, I had to set mine to "overseas mode" which waits longer than the standard 30 seconds to get a signal as it rang a lot of times.

Good luck!

^ With those specs you shouldn't have a problem.

My other desktop is a Vaio running a 2.4 Northwood with a 9600SE and 1GB of DDR RAM and it runs beautifully.

somehow i doubt it will be retail package fancy curved box thing to keep prices down so i would say it be something more simpler like a plain DVD case or a paper Slip with the key on a sticker on the box/paper disk slip.

wow you are dumb... the site itself was hosted by a 3rd party, so yes its not "theirs" but the promotion was from microsoft, the site was made by microsoft, they just contracted out the hosting, heck even on channel9 which is a MICROSOFT site with MICROSOFT employees the employees are talking about when we will get this stuff... learn to add the pieces together then come back here and say you are wrong...

So much hate... LOL... This is the ORIGINAL POSTER you are flaming.