Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

Got the email yesterday as well. From what the email says, it looks like they are going to -ship- Office 2007. Ah well, as long as I get it either way.

Can anyone confirm that Office 2007 really going to be shipped or downloaded?

On the other hand...

From the way it sounds, we'll be getting information on Office 2007 in our mail, telling us how to download it? o.O?

Over at the Channel9 forums, Mark Brown said

Yes, that's correct. Download for Office and physical media for Vista.

I was only intersted in Vista. I completed all the requisite webcasts (and a few more, since they were informative). I have yet to get the confirmation email. Did it come from Microsoft, or another email address? Just curious.

To get more trial days do this.

1. Hit Winkey+R

2. Write "slmgr.vbs -rearm" without ""

3. Wait about 40 seconds

4. Restart

How many days do you start with, 30,60 or 90? I take it you wait and run this command when the default days are close to running out? One more thing, did they issue a patch for that explorer bug that deleted everything in a directory? TIA :)

How many days do you start with, 30,60 or 90? I take it you wait and run this command when the default days are close to running out? One more thing, did they issue a patch for that explorer bug that deleted everything in a directory? TIA :)

when you first install vista you get 30 days trial, when you are down to 1 day, do that command and you'll get 30 more days. You can do it up to 4 times (120 days total).

Has anyone been able to successfully fax in the W-9? I think by the time I can fax it in, it might have arrived via snail mail! Their faxes have to be getting pounded right now!

I can't fax mine either... Busy all the time... I will retry later tonight. It's worth.
heck, this is even worth the $0.35 stamp!! But I'd rather have the fax confirmation that it was received.

Thank you for the submission of your W-9 form. In order to receive your second kit, please send in the printed W-9 form with your signature to the address/fax number below. Please save this e-mail receipt for your records. If you have any questions regarding your submission, please reply to this e-mail or send a message to Windows Vista/Office 2007 W-9 Data Submission Admin.

Mailing Address:

Microsoft Corporation

c/o Catalysis

1601 E. John Street

Seattle, WA 98112

Fax*: 206-826-8888

*Please note: You may receive a busy signal on our fax line due to the high volume of traffic we’ve experienced. If this is the case, please try back later. If you are still not able to get through, please contact us at winvistaofficekitW9admin@microsoft.catalysis.com.

The software offer related to this campaign is scheduled to begin shipping in early January. Once we receive your signed W-9 document and begin shipping, you should expect to receive your delivery within 1 to 2 weeks.

Thank you,

Windows Vista/Office 2007 W-9 Data Submission Admin

I think I will be mailing mine, faxing stuff is not very reliable. Especially with my VOIP internet.

Edited by Gabe3

i got this today :D

Dear Robert:

Congratulations, you?ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number ***** on hand.

? 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft and the Microsoft Office system are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

when you first install vista you get 30 days trial, when you are down to 1 day, do that command and you'll get 30 more days. You can do it up to 4 times (120 days total).

Guess I'll be installing Vista this weekend :)

when was office 2007 and vista business RTM date? Jan 30 is release, but the emails say 6-8 weeks from RTM...

That's the public release. RTM has already happened. According to Microsoft our stuff is at the mailing center now, and address labels are being printed, and affixed.

Congrats to everyone. For those of you who missed out on Office Professional 2007 you still could sign up for the Launch tour in your area and get a free copy for attending. I just received the following today, so evidently they haven't run out of these.

Launch.jpg

Register

Freaked out much too soon. Got my confirmation in email this afternoon. Looking forward to putting this on my desktop system. My laptop lacks the graphics and space so it will continue to be a Win XP Pro machine. My wife's laptop qualified for the Vista Home Premium and she should get that soon. Congrats everyone.

Sweet I just got my email also this is sweet now I have Vista Ultimate and Business. I can put This one on my desktop later.

According to MS, if you got Vista thru MSDN or Connect then you weren't eligible for the FREE Vista Business promotion. How'd you manage it?