Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

I have not received my confirmation email yet. Has anybody else had that problem? I don't know if maybe my email filtered it and I just never got it. Just wondering how many did not receive it yet. Thanks.

wonder what method they are using for shipping... Microsoft seems to use DHL a lot for beta programs... wonder if they will use them for this also

I hope they use DHL for this and not the USPS. The USPS often loses things :(. Plus DHL is faster.

I hope they use DHL for this and not the USPS. The USPS often loses things :( . Plus DHL is faster.

I hope its not dhl. Everything that I have sent through dhl gets to its destination damaged. I hope its ups or fed ex

Congrats to everyone. For those of you who missed out on Office Professional 2007 you still could sign up for the Launch tour in your area and get a free copy for attending. I just received the following today, so evidently they haven't run out of these.

Launch.jpg

Register

Off-Topic but a little funny. The picture attached with the post I've quoted. Due to how the photos are automatically reduced in size, this is how the first part of that highlighted area looks to me before I make it full size.

"These are free events intended to bring to business community together to engage with pee, Microsoft employees, and local techno orgy partners"

That sounds fun :laugh:

I hope they ship them via UPS or FedEX, and PLEASE MICROSOFT, don't write "Your free copy of Windows Vista is inside!" on the outer part the envolope, for the love of God it would sound too tempting for someone to steal :cry:

I hope they ship them via UPS or FedEX, and PLEASE MICROSOFT, don't write "Your free copy of Windows Vista is inside!" on the outer part the envolope, for the love of God it would sound too tempting for someone to steal :cry:

they never do that, it will be a yellow padded envelop with your address on it and possibly with a small Microsoft sticker.

Hopefully you guys have been checking your credit report. Microsoft said in a earlier statement that the website was not theres. :D

Where? I doubt it since Mark Brown has mentioned it multiple times to be legit on the MSDN channel 9 forums...

Hopefully you guys have been checking your credit report. Microsoft said in a earlier statement that the website was not theres. :D

Aw look guys, a lieing hater who missed out.

I just got this today:

Dear Michael:

Congratulations, you?ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number xxxxx on hand.

woot

haha! sorry dude you missed out!

I just got this today:

Dear Michael:

Congratulations, you’ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number xxxxx on hand.

woot

i got the same email a couple of days ago.

w00t to say the least.

too bad my 7950 gx2 still does not have full support. that parts a friggin scam.

Aw look guys, a lieing hater who missed out.

No M$ did say that the web site was not their's. A number of us called and all got the same answer from them but then again costumer service has been wrong before. Oh and Im not a hater who missed out either. :)

No M$ did say that the web site was not their's. A number of us called and all got the same answer from them but then again costumer service has been wrong before. Oh and Im not a hater who missed out either.
Oh really? you think so?

Then please explain the copyright line:

Contact Us

? 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All right reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Trademarks

Furthermore, Please explain to me why there is a discussion concerning this on one of microsoft's forums channel9, and please explain why one of Microsoft's staffer, Mark Brown is answering everyone's support question in this thread.:

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?Pag...p;PostID=261537

No M$ did say that the web site was not their's. A number of us called and all got the same answer from them but then again costumer service has been wrong before. Oh and Im not a hater who missed out either. :)

wow you are dumb... the site itself was hosted by a 3rd party, so yes its not "theirs" but the promotion was from microsoft, the site was made by microsoft, they just contracted out the hosting, heck even on channel9 which is a MICROSOFT site with MICROSOFT employees the employees are talking about when we will get this stuff... learn to add the pieces together then come back here and say you are wrong...

Are people still having problems submitting their W-9 via fax? I mailed mine in last night since I had no luck getting the fax to go through when I was at work the other day.

Are people still having problems submitting their W-9 via fax? I mailed mine in last night since I had no luck getting the fax to go through when I was at work the other day.

their fax lines are so over crowded with people faxing these in... should be better now though