Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

Kaidiir
Can you still sign up for this or not?

negative.

...at least as far as I know..

Dijital_us
Can you still sign up for this or not?

This was a deal on powertogether.com that allowed signups for only like 2 - 3 days and then they were all out.

Pharos
I thought about doing that, but I'll be ****ed if it gets close to activation time and my copy hasn't arrived.

Actually, you can technically (and legally) reset Vista's activation period for 90 to 120(can't remember) days. There's a command for this.

NY1
Actually, you can technically (and legally) reset Vista's activation period for 90 to 120(can't remember) days. There's a command for this.

To get more trial days do this.

1. Hit Winkey+R

2. Write "slmgr.vbs -rearm" without ""

3. Wait about 40 seconds

4. Restart

dmeags

Got both emails today toooooo :) :) :)

Filling out and faxing the W9 form in the morning

Scutley

I got my E-mail today as well. I'm so happy I don't have to pay for Office 2007. Thank you to whoever posted this.

number13

got my email too, with a confirmation number :) happy :)

Neo003

Got the e-mail this afternoon, just check I am getting business edition. Funny thing is I just watch on seminar and never finished it either. I am not sure what you had to do with office, I would've been greet to get that one too.

gtksxp

Ok got my two Congratulations e-mails, but I am skeptical and worried about submitting the w-9 form with my social security number on it. Is this offer really true and legit?

NY1
Ok got my two Congratulations e-mails, but I am skeptical and worried about submitting the w-9 form with my social security number on it. Is this offer really true and legit?

yes this offer is 100% legit and confirmed by Microsoft.

r0c

updating everyone i just got my confirmation email. So hopefully they send out the cds soon.

Neo003

Well Nov 30 was the RTM Date so six week would be by Jan 30' or Eight weeks would be Jan 27'.

P.S.

Just got this from microsoft,

Watch out for Windows Vista phishing scams

You may have seen some variation of an e-mail message that promises that you can download Windows Vista now. This is spam--and a kind of scam known as "phishing" that is designed to steal your personal information. You should never click links in e-mail messages or respond to a message with sensitive information when you're unsure of the source. For more information, see this article.

54304_fake_url_1.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/email/phishing.mspx

Digitalx

got my confirm email though says its going to still take time <_<

Dear Mr. X:

Congratulations, you?ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number xxxxx on hand.

Sagittarius

Cool, just recieved mine as well!

majortom1981

Just got my email with confirmation number also . they state if it doesnt come in 8 weeks to call microsoft support with the number. so atleast i got a free version of vista business, then a free version of xp home premium from dell so both my laptop and my desktop will have vista :)

subferno

I have plans to upgrade to Ultimate anyway so how does this upgrade work via the Business version and how much would it cost?

Jeev

I thought Office was a download... the confirmation for Office implies that it is going to be shipped.

TheRA

Yea, I got my email too. Just wondering, I am eligible for both but want only 1 that is Windows Vista Business. How would they decide which one to give out first. If I do only one I dont need to fill out the W9 I guess. And I am happy with windows Vista business only. Any idea anyone. :whistle:

zerolimit

got the email wohoo!

trek
I have wondered (this is kind of off topic but) if you use the anytime upgrade thing and then reformat and reinstall your OS do you lose the upgrade and have to pay again? Has MS said anything about this yet?

No, you do not lose your upgrade. The new license is stored on an MS server in your 'digital locker'. You can't install your upgraded version directly though; so when you reformat you have to install the original version and run anytime upgrade again.

Unimatrix Xero

i got the email as well, and im in the UK :D hehehe

NightmarE D

I just got this e-mail also.

I wasn't expecting anything after they sent that first batch of e-mails out. I take it they ran out of the first supply and now they got more so they're sending out more?

Gio Takahashi

Got the email yesterday as well. From what the email says, it looks like they are going to -ship- Office 2007. Ah well, as long as I get it either way.

Can anyone confirm that Office 2007 really going to be shipped or downloaded?

On the other hand...

I’ve received my Microsoft Office 2007 gift in the mail. Why did you use a download for Office 2007 and not a physical disc?

Due to the heavy demands on Microsoft to produce on-the-shelf retail product for stores it is not always possible to get physical discs made so close to a product launch. We wanted to make sure you didn’t have to wait so we decided to provide you with the product via download rather than wait for a physical DVD.

From the way it sounds, we'll be getting information on Office 2007 in our mail, telling us how to download it? o.O?