Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

JustGeorge

It would be lame if they excluded people for that.

WooSH

they emailed my account to take a survey on one of their webcasts that i watched. thats pretty much it.

zerolimit

Has anyone hear anything from MS? I havent received a email or anything? Nothing in the mail either but I dont think we will get anything till probably the end of the month or first of jan.

Novaoblivion

Nothing here either since they sent me the surveys about the webcasts I watched. :(

zerolimit

man this sucks all we can do is wait!

XPGoD

There was a story on ZDNet and all over for that matter that discusses the offer.

They claim that Microsoft told them there were 30,000 copies they were giving away at a retail value of 399.99, which factors out to be around $12 Million Dollars. They said that the Business Editions would arrive around end Dec/Early Jan.

Again, I've let you guys in on the email addresses of the people you need to talk to in my prior post, they would actually be the best source for you.

XPGoD

Gabe3

The contact email address's are listed on the contact page of powertogether

zerolimit

I got this today.......

--------------------------------------

Hello Alex,

It will not ship right away, and I do not know the date it will ship.

However, you will get a confirmation e-mail.

Thanks!

Tech Support

--------------------------------------------

neufuse

When they did this with Visual Basic.NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 standard it littearly took 6 weeks from the time you finished the webcasts before you got it, so dont be sitting here waiting for it, it might be a month!

DragonKid

I got a response when I emailed them for the problem some of us were having when all of our "Pending" and "Completed" messages suddenly changed to "In Progress."

Greetings,

It appears you have qualified for the free gift. You will be notified by email in 6-8 weeks before your free product is delivered. Please let us know if you have any other support related questions.

Technical Support

JustGeorge

Wish they would just send an email with a key and DL link but can't bitch about something being free.

Code

Okay, I have found the link on channel 9 talking about the gifts. Here is some quotes from the topic pages made by Mark Brown.

We haven't sent the fulfillment emails out yet. We won't start sending those out until we are ready to begin shipping and that will be a few weeks so if you're qualified you're good to go. Just sit back and enjoy some more webcasts and we'll get those out here as we can.

regards,

mark

Vista will ship on a physical disc. Office will be as a download. The reason they are different is that the Office folks are partially experimenting with download as a way to fulfill product.
Exactly, we'll ship you a DVD mailer for office with the license key inside. Vista will come in a mailer as well but with the actual disc inside.

The topic is at this webpage. http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?Pag...p;PostID=262896

Edited by Code
XPGoD

Thanks Code.... I meant to look there... I suppose I will just wait and just check that forum, but I will NOT place the Neowin forums on the back burner, it's people like you that allow this place to be an information pot.... :shiftyninja:

XPGoD

Gabe3

thanks code.

someguy03

So none of you have gotten emails about being eligible yet?

Code

You will not get any for a few weeks.. thats from Monday the 4th.. Also it seems now that we may not get our copies for the entire 6-8 weeks. This is quoted from mark also.

"Yes, we'll send out an email saying your product has shipped.

We're still manufacturing these so sit tight. It may take the full 6-8 weeks. Sorry for the delay. Its crunch time around here for making product around here. "

Digitalx

i think january at the earlyest because these will be probably be being made with first batch of actual vista disks or around that time anyhow.

so as we all do best for other Microsoft betas and software and thanks prizes and whatnot else - we play the waiting game.

Novaoblivion

Cool thanks for the info, now I can stop rabidly checking my email for confirmation for a while lol.

WooSH

question: are the surverys required for the product?

like a surprize kick in the rear? like what they did with connect and that whole

'submite at least one bug' junk?

thanks Code for the info.

Matrix78

Looks like things are going good over there and they may be getting cought up

i sent an email to them when everything suddenly went form completed or pending to in process before it was corrected, well i just got a reply back from them so its nice to see there is life over there

Support-VistaSeries (Support-VistaSeries@ascentium.com)

To: ME

Subject: RE: Completed to In Progress

Hello,

It appears you have qualified for the free gift. Please let us know if you have any other support related questions.

Thanks!

Tech Support

Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 6:35 PM

To: Support-VistaSeries

Subject: Completed to In Progress

I know your servers are having a hard time with this Promotion but i've noticed all my Pending and completed have now reverted back to In Progress... is something wrong?

xxdesmus

like a surprize kick in the rear? like what they did with connect and that whole

'submite at least one bug' junk?

I really hope you're not serious, because otherwise that is just funny. If you were indeed a beta tester and you didn't even submit a single bug then you really don't deserve a free copy of Vista. I'd love to see how you could justify the free copy you feel you are entitled to. :| :blink: