Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

maybe as the ending of the demo where you are supposed to die that would have been gold

edit: does anyone know if they still have the speed boost plasmid in the game if so my first aim will be to kill a big daddy with a wrench and speed boost to strafe behind him so it doesnt hurt me

Well that wouldn't have been a good idea, putting one of the boss battles in the demo.

I thought Big Daddys were present throughout the game and not necessarily a "boss" per-say.

I'm not sure if it will let you combine those, but that would be a steal if so. But usually, there's fine print that says "cannot be combined with any other offer" to avoid this exact scenario.

I hear you, but people on one of those deals forums were claiming they did combine the offer, so who knows.

Yea, but as always, YMMV. :laugh:

No doubt. :laugh:

I so far have called two Toys R Us' in my area around work, South NJ by Princeton, and neither have had it.

I just played dumb like it was already out, and the one just said they did not have it in, and the other actually said that it came out next Tuesday.

Am not giving up hope, plan on calling a few in Central NJ on my way home from work, but I think they may have smartened up thanks to the press on gaming forums.

There is always Wal Mart though. :rofl: The kings of releasing games before street date.

Edited by DirtyLarry

You guys are even lucky that shops break the street dates to begin with! Over here the closest you'll get to that, is websites who send preorders out in time to make sure they match street dates. Usually arriving one or two days before.

A whole week before the game comes out though is crazy :p

No doubt. :laugh:

I so far have called two Toys R Us' in my area around work, South NJ by Princeton, and neither have had it.

I just played dumb like it was already out, and the one just said they did not have it in, and the other actually said that it came out next Tuesday.

Am not giving up hope, plan on calling a few in Central NJ on my way home from work, but I think they may have smartened up thanks to the press on gaming forums.

There is always Wal Mart though. :rofl: The kings of releasing games before street date.

:rofl:

I thought Big Daddys were present throughout the game and not necessarily a "boss" per-say.

Well they're still one of the main bosses in the game. Hence why you don't fight in the demo.

Well they're still one of the main bosses in the game. Hence why you don't fight in the demo.

More like optional mini bosses. Apparently there are 3 'proper' bosses through out the game.

Just posting a quote from PA's Tycho:

It is my intention to secure two copies of the game, entire - one Collectors' edition, and one exclusively to shove up Roger Ebert's ass. If Bioshock isn't "art," then art is the poorer for it.

:punk:

Just posting a quote from PA's Tycho:

:punk:

It's true, Bioshock should be considered a very artistic game. Everything looks to be meticulously designed, right down to the smallest texture. The architecture, the lighting, water, everything is really well done.

Hahahaha!! EA must feel like the biggest idiots in the world right now! :rofl:

And EA is all "blah blah blah the industry needs to make more original games blah blah blah" :rofl:

Long Live Looking Glass and Irrational Games!

EA?? dont you mean Toys 'R Us or 2k as they are the publishers

No ... EA could have had the game but they were going to force the developers to create something crappy. :p

ohh WOW :| and heres me thinking this game could not get any better and boy was i wrong...

I just played it through on Hard difficulty and let me tell you this game is made for being played on Hard at least for me see the thing is i wasn't really scared of this game until just now because it was so easy to kill the enemy's even on medium but on Hard its a whole diffrent ball game I was constantly low on ammo health and Evo(this games mana) and I was actually scared of the encounters you know i was genuinely afraid of the splicers and thats magical i haven't felt this since the first time i played F.E.A.R and to show a good example of the difference between Hard and the other settings..

For those who havent played the demo yet...

The part right at the end of the demo where Ryan traps you and asks who sent you etc. at first when I played through on medium I had plenty of ammo and health packs and evo and all of that i mean i was ready for a war here and i was grinning shooting the screen to show hey I aint scared of you but now when playing on Hard i had no evo no tommygun ammo about 3 health packs and 6 bullets for the revolver and then come at least 4 splicers all breaking the window trying to get to me that was genuinely scary I was seriously thinking who do I shoot whats my next course of action etc I was Immersed, Captivated call it what you will but I my friends call it Video Game Art and Genius and I have to say this GOTY?

This game rocks in ways no other game has before it i stand before you amazed and extremely satisfied :D

I have two gripes:

1.) Your character does not cast a reflection or shadow (everything else does).

2.) The demo's too easy. Even on Hard, I was always at least 6+ with health kits, and maxed out quite a few times. EVE was a little more difficult to manage, but not by much. I need the full game. I need the challenge of a Big Daddy :rofl:

edit:

I finished paying off my CE today. My GameStop hasn't got a shipment in yet, and I'm hoping there isn't a repeat of the GoW debacle of lost shipments and what not.

No ... EA could have had the game but they were going to force the developers to create something crappy. :p

I loathe EA nowadays; I can't remember the last decent thing that I played of theirs; with such adeep pocket they have no excuse either.