Caphyon LLC is pleased to announce the release of Advanced Installer Professional 2.2, a Windows Installer authoring tool which enables developers and system administrators to easily build reliable MSI packages. Advanced Installer runs on Windows 2000/XP, and the install packages it creates run on all Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP operating systems.
Windows Installer is a powerful, but very complex technology. Mastering it on your own takes months of hard work. That"s where Advanced Installer comes to help. It creates a high level abstraction on top of the underlying technology. With a clean, simple user interface, each operation is logical and intuitive. Everything is done in the user interface, without complicated scripts to learn or arcane database tables to edit.
This new version adds support for for multiple volume installs and Microsoft Authenticode Digital ID signature. The Custom Action implementation was expanded to include six new types scheduled in any stage of the install sequence.
- Support for multiple volume installs.
- Schedule Custom Actions in any stage of the install sequence.
- Six new Custom Action types.
- The ability to edit the Custom Action condition and options.
- Microsoft Authenticode Digital ID signature support.
- Ability to create new components for files.
Download: Advanced Installer Professional v2.2 Released (Not a direct download)
News source: Advanced Installer Homepage