The Bing team has done a wonderful job in 2014 predicting FIFA World cup match results and the US midterm elections with an almost unblemished record, correctly predicting that Scotland will remain a part of the United Kingdom and is also currently being used to speculate the outcomes of NFL games. Now the team is pushing its luck a bit more by envisioning the trends of 2015:
- Fashion: We loved them, we hated them, and now Bing predicts we will love them again in 2015. What are they? Turtlenecks. This, and many other memorable 70’s fashions are making a comeback. Get ready for boho style clothing with lots of fringe and bell-bottomed pants. Bing also predicts we will be seeing more belted scarves and utilitarian jackets in the new year.
- Sports: The NFL season is in the final stretch and fans are pulling for their teams to make it to the Super Bowl in 2015. Bing predicts the final game will come down to the New England Patriots and the Green Bay Packers with Tom Brady leading the Patriots to the ultimate victory.
- Awards: Who will take home a Grammy this year? The fan favorites are Sam Smith for Best New Artist and Beyoncé for Album of the Year. As for the Golden Globes, the voice of the people is saying they want Boyhood to earn the award for Best Motion Picture Drama.
- Travel: In 2015, travel will be all about exploring the hidden gems across the country. Interest in using one’s vacation to explore small towns is on the rise, while metropolitan meccas like New York and Los Angeles will fall off the list.
- Food: Ever heard of the Mediterranean diet? If you haven’t heard of it yet, you’re about to. Bing is seeing a major spike in people’s interest in Middle Eastern food, from dishes they want to try at home to restaurants they plan to visit, people are loving the flavor packed dishes from the Middle East.
Moreover, these are not the only categories Bing is speculating about. There are several other categories to be explored including technology and wearables which you can see by heading over to Bing Trends 2014.
Source: Bing Blogs |Image via Bing Blogs