Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
New features in Calibre 3.24:
Conversion: EPUB Output: Add an option to output EPUB 3 files.
PDF Output: Add an option to break long words at the ends of lines.
PDF Output: Allow using images in the header/footer templates
Add an option to use two lines for the text under the toolbar button in Preferences->Look & feel
Edit book: Spell check: Update the number of misspelled words/total words displayed when correcting/ignoring words.
Edit book: Fix HTML: Automatically resolve private entities
Improve formatting of help in Preferences->Tweaks
ToC Editor: Allow undo for renaming single items as well.
- PDF Output: Strip zero-width space characters from the text as their presence prevents searching from working
- DOCX Output: Fix < pre > tags not being converted correctly.
- DOCX Input: Fix incorrect conversion of a framed block that contains a list.
- Conversion: Fix private entities that use the same name as an HTML entity not being handled correctly
- Viewer: Fix HTML files with private entities displaying an artifact at the top
- Edit book: Check book: Show an error for HTML files with private entities
- EPUB3 Input: Fix titlepage being referred to in the nav causing two titlepage entries in the final book.
- Fix throbber buttons not being perfectly aligned inside toolbars
- Quickview: Fix sizes not being displayed.
- Edit book: Compress images tool: Do not mark the book as changed if no images could be further compressed.
- Book list split-view: Fix horizontal scroll position of split view can change when changing the current column in one view.
- Fix Bookeen Saga not being recognized on macOS/Linux.
- Edit metadata dialog: Fix undo last trim not working for automatic trims.
- Content server: Fix series field blank in Italian translation
- BeautifulSoup: Port fix from upstream for outputting bare ampersands in strings.
- calibredb add: Run the input plugins before reading metadata instead of after.
New news sources
- The Federalist by Kovid Goyal
Improved news sources
The New York Times Book Review
New York Times
Changes in Calibre 3.24.1:
- Version 3.24.1 fixes a regression in the 3.24 in the editor that caused syncing between the editor and the Preview panel/Live CSS panel to not work correctly
Changes in Calibre 3.24.2:
- Conversion: EPUB Output: Add an option to output EPUB 3 files
Download: Calibre 3.24.2 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~60.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 3.24.2 for MacOS | 75.4 MB
Download: Calibre 3.24.2 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware