Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
What's new in Firefox 86.0:
Firefox now supports simultaneously watching multiple videos in Picture-in-Picture.
Today, Firefox introduces Total Cookie Protection to Strict Mode. In Total Cookie Protection, every website gets its own “cookie jar,” preventing cookies from being used to track you from site to site.
We've improved our Print functionality with a cleaner design and better integration with your computer's printer settings.
For Firefox users in Canada, credit card management and auto-fill are now enabled.
Notable performance and stability improvements are achieved by moving canvas drawing and WebGL drawing to the GPU process.
- Reader mode now works with local HTML pages.
- Using screen reader quick navigation to move to editable text controls no longer incorrectly reaches non-editable cells in some grids such as on messenger.com.
- The Orca screen reader's mouse review feature now works correctly after switching tabs in Firefox.
- Screen readers no longer report column headers incorrectly in tables containing cells spanning multiple columns.
- Links in Reader View now have more color contrast.
- Various security fixes.
On Linux and Android, the protection to mitigate the stack clash attack has been activated.
From Firefox 86 onward, DTLS 1.0 is no longer supported for establishing WebRTC's PeerConnections. All WebRTC services need to support DTLS 1.2 from now on as the minimum version.
Consolidated all video decoding in the new RDD process which results in a more secure Firefox.
- Various bug fixes and new policies have been implemented in the latest version of Firefox. You can see more details in the Firefox for Enterprise 86 Release Notes.
- Developer Information
- CSS image-set() function in CSS is now enabled, allowing for responsive images in CSS.
- Inactive CSS tool is now showing a warning when margin or padding is set on internal table elements.
- Developer Tools Toolbox is now showing a number of errors on the current page. This is a quick way to surface information to a developer that something is wrong with their page. Clicking on the red exclamation icon navigates the user to the Console panel.
Download: Firefox 86.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 86.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
Download: Firefox 86.0 for MacOS | 125.0 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware