Scribus is an open-source program that brings professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows. It is powerful software that helps you create great looking documents of all kinds. It also comes with a lot of support options to help you achieve the best result. There is an enthusiastic and friendly community around Scribus that assists beginner and pro alike through the mailing list, IRC channel, wiki, contracted support, and the bugtracker. Scribus supports professional features, such as CMYK color, spot color, separations, ICC color and robust commercial grade PDF.
Scribus 22.214.171.124 most important changes:
- One of the most important changes compared to earlier versions is the introduction of a context-sensitive Content Palette. If set to visible, it will adjust to the kind of item (text frame, image frame, table, group) you have selected.
- Ctrl/Cmd+Click enables selecting items below guides.
- A new PDF-based output preview is now available.
- Support for dark UI themes has been improved.
- Icon set can now be changed without needing to restart application
- It's now possible to "cycle" through the items in a group by pressing Alt+Ctrl/Cmd+Click
- Support for PDF 1.6 export, including embedded OpenType fonts.
- A Markdown import filter has been added.
- Improvements to the IDML, PDF, XTG and KRA importers.
Text and Typography
- Launching Scribus via the Command Line on any OS will now reveal more font-related problems; based on fontconfig 3.14.
- Default black and white colors can now alternatively be defined in RGB and LAB.
- With the exception of the Windows platform, Scribus can now use a PDF-based and newly written printing engine. PostScript is still available, but will be removed over time.
- macOS: Scribus 1.5.6 is certified to be installed and run on current versions of macOS. If you want to use Scribus on a computer with the latest version of macOS, 1.5.6 is the required version. For those that use the Scripter functionality, our default DMG download of Scribus on macOS uses Python 2.x installed with the operating system. We have an experimental release that allows the use of Python3 if the user has XCode installed. [full release notes]
Download: Scribus 32-bit v126.96.36.199 | 104.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Scribus 64-bit v188.8.131.52 | 109.0 MB
Download: Scribus for Other Operating Systems
Link: Scribus Home Page | Scribus Screenshot | Release Announcement
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware