Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager that is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. It uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout. Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient.
It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view. But Multi Commanders big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Like Auto-unpacking , Auto-sorting , Browse inside archives, registry and FTP, Search for file, View files and pictures and the Scripting support let you automate many task. And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcut so you can work fast and efficient.
Multi Commander offers a wide range of features:
- Support both Windows Explorer styled keyboard/mouse setup and the popular Commander Styled keyboard/mouse setup
- Support Drag & Drop
- Copy/Move operation support filtering and plugin for special situation.
- Zip, 7Zip, Tar, Gz can be browsed like a folder.
- FTP, Portable Device , Registry are exposed in the file system
- Multi-Rename tool with powerful rename operations.
- View text/logs files of ANY size with minimum memory usage (even of the log file are many gigabytes)
- And much more.
What's new in this version:
- Online documentation can now be downloaded as PDF
- Mouse wheel action is forwarded to window under mouse cursor
- MultiScript can now download file from the web
- FolderTree can now filter what devices to show
- File coloring refreshes better, And Font style from coloring kept when selected.
- Gridlines color can be configured, and Focus indicate color can be forced
- Over 120+ changes since v5.0