The Bat! is a secure email client software, built to protect your correspondence against third-parties. The Bat! protects your information through multiple encryption streams with the options to encrypt your emails on disk and during communication through an SSL/TLS connection. Free of global email providers that keep your messages in the cloud, and free of Web clients, The Bat! ensures your data stays private.
The Bat! mail client is able to process and store an unlimited number of messages and has no restriction on the number of email accounts you can use.
- PGP, GnuPG and S/MIME support
- Powerful filtering system
- Internal HTML Viewer
- The Bat!'s own Address Book
- Safe handling of attached files
- Handy templates
- Selective download
- RSS Feed subscriptions
The Bat! 8.0.8 release notes:
- Upgraded HTML editor: text formatting has improved as the components render bi-directional text and "exotic" scripts reliably. The "justify" alignment and custom character spacing can now be applied to bi-directional text. There is also a new paragraph alignment type: "distribute". The distributed paragraphs are similar to justified paragraphs, but space is added between all characters, not between words. This type of alignment is common for Far East languages. Customized alignment is available for the last line of justified and distributed paragraphs. There are special options for vertical text in table cells - automatic application of vertical fonts and switching column order from right-to-left to left-to-right. There are also visual improvements: users can define a customized degree of transparency for backgrounds of paragraphs, tables, table cells, text boxes while the user interface is compatible with high-DPI display modes.
- Accessibility improvements: better support of 4K Ultra High Definition monitors, screen reader applications and refreshable braille displays/terminals.
- Smarter way of dealing with the images: when The Bat! saves images, for example when you edit an HTML message where you inserted inline images from the clipboard, or you have added a photo to an address book entry - The Bat! chooses between the two file formats - PNG and JPG, compressing to both formats and seeing which of the files is smaller.
- The 64-bit version of The Bat! now extensively uses the AVX-512 instruction set, currently supported in Intel's Xeon Phi x200 (Knights Landing) released in 2016 and the following processors released in 2017: Skylake-X Core i7 (7800X, 7820X) and i9 models, Skylake-SP (Xeon Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum).
- Added support for CPUs that are equipped with Enhanced REP MOVSB/STOSB (ERMS) – on such CPUs The Bat! uses this feature to copy or fill large memory blocks.
- 32-bit version of The Bat! now works even on very old computers with CPUs that do not support the MMX instruction set. In this case, the Floating Point Unit (FPU) is used to copy data.
- Improved the speed of CRC-32 calculation when the processor does not support the CRC32 instruction (hardware implementation of the CRC-32 algorithm), but if it does, the speed increases even more. The Bat! uses CRC-32 algorithm internally in many cases, so the overall program speed has increased as a result.
- Improved configuration load, store and processing, so The Bat! is now robust and avoids configuration data damage.
- The Bat! now works much better and faster on multi-core processors and multi-processor systems thanks to the improved way of handling how multiple threads simultaneously access the same data in memory. Besides that, while idling, The Bat! uses the CPU less frequently and employs a lower number of threads to finish the same task. As a result, The Bat! works faster and generates lower number of the Page Faults (a Task Manager metric of program efficiency). The 64-bit version of The Bat! has much smaller memory footprint than previous versions of the program.
- More efficient handling of temporary files makes The Bat! send and receive large number of messages very fast.
- The new version includes improvements to QR code. IMAP4 protocol handling in The Bat! v8 works faster and smother.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware