RSS Guard is a simple (yet powerful) feed reader. It is able to fetch the most known feed formats, including RSS/RDF and ATOM. It's free, it's open-source. RSS Guard currently supports Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian. RSS Guard will never depend on other services - this includes online news aggregators like Feedly, The Old Reader and others. RSS Guard is developed on top of the Qt library and it supports these operating systems:
- Windows XP and newer
- OS/2 (eComStation)
- Mac OS X
- xBSD (possibly)
- Android (possibly)
- other platforms supported by Qt
The core features of RSS Guard are:
- support for all feed formats
- import/export of feeds to/from OPML 2.0
- message filter with regular expressions
- feed metadata fetching including icons
- enhanced feed auto-updating with separate time intervals
- multiple data backend support SQLite (in-memory DBs too), MySQL.
- “portable” mode support with clever auto-detection,
- feed categorization,
- fully-featured recycle bin,
- can be fully controlled via keyboard,
- feed authentication (Digest-MD5, BASIC, NTLM-2),
- handles tons of messages & feeds,
- sweet look & feel,
- fully adjustable toolbars (changeable buttons and style),
- ability to check for updates on all platforms + self-updating on Windows,
- hideable main menu, toolbars and list headers,
- KFeanza-based default icon theme + ability to create your own icon themes,
- fully skinnable user interface + ability to create your own skins,
- “newspaper” view,
- plenty of skins,
- support for "feed://" URI scheme,
- ability to hide list of feeds/categories,
- open-source development model based on GNU GPL license, version 3,
- tabbed interface,
- integrated web browser with adjustable behavior + external browser support,
- internal web browser mouse gestures support,
- desktop integration via tray icon,
- localizations to some languages,
- Qt library is the only dependency,
- open-source development model and friendly author waiting for your feedback,
- no ads, no hidden costs.
RSS Guard 2.2.0 changelog:
- Fixed issue #53 - removing of duplicate messages. Feature is available globally in "Settings -> Messages".
- Fixed issue #100 - saving HTML web pages.
- Fixed issues #106, #65.
- Completely new downloader (see menu Tools -> Downloads) forked from original Qt examples.
- Updater now displays full changelog.
Download: RSS Guard 2.2.0 | 10.3 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable RSS Guard 2.2.0 | 8.9 MB
Download: RSS Guard for other Operating Systems
Link: RSS Guard Home Page
-1 Comments - Add comment