What was the last movie you watched? (2014 Edition)

Flightplan gets Taken on a Plane. Surprisingly decent action flick. (Y)

Had no idea about that one.Just watched the trailer and looks amazing.  

Adding it to my watch list.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - equal parts meh and awkward cringe mixed with some "awww, sweet" moments. 6/10

The Wolf of Wall Street - 9/10

Frozen - 9.75/10 

Tropa de Elite. Happens to be one of two favourite Brazilian films of mine; the other being City of God (Y)

Watch the sequel, it's pretty great. Less gunfights but a very engaging story, especially if you know a bit about Brazil. A 3rd movie would be great.

Watch the sequel, it's pretty great. Less gunfights but a very engaging story, especially if you know a bit about Brazil. A 3rd movie would be great.

I've watched it many times and yep, just as great as the first film with Wagner Moura's exceptional acting - just happens to be more political, if anything. I'd love to see the series topped off with a 3rd film too.

I've watched it many times and yep, just as great as the first film with Wagner Moura's exceptional acting - just happens to be more political, if anything. I'd love to see the series topped off with a 3rd film too.

It's an evolving portrait and commentary about Brazil. First the violence, then the corruption, and it can only go up from there. A 3rd movie focused on the current troubles with the World Cup, which mirror some of the issues of the Pope's visit referred to in the first movie (BOTA NA CONTA DA COPA!), would be something special.

A 3rd movie focused on the current troubles with the World Cup, which mirror some of the issues of the Pope's visit referred to in the first movie (BOTA NA CONTA DA COPA!), would be something special.

I agree, though I wonder who could fill the shoes of Matias/Neto alongside Nascimento.

I agree, though I wonder who could fill the shoes of Matias/Neto alongside Nascimento.

Maybe they advance the movie a couple of years and we see it from the perspective of Rafael, as a student involved in the protests. (If the producers use this, I WANT CREDIT!)

Maybe they advance the movie a couple of years and we see it from the perspective of Rafael, as a student involved in the protests. (If the producers use this, I WANT CREDIT!)

:laugh: (Y)

3baVhvr.jpg

Much like Thor 2, the Captain America sequel improves greatly upon the foundation laid by the first one. Solid, entertaining, fun, and a kick-ass superhero movie (like all of them should be). Give it a watch. (There are 2 after the credits scenes, stick around)

True Grit (2010)

7.5/10

It's a coen movie. I loved them back in the days of Fargo, Lebowski, Brother and the man who was not there but i think these days they are as overrated as Woody Allen. It's a good movie it's just too much coenesque filled with useless boring dialogs which are not bringing anything to the story and unlike Fargo most of them are not funny at all.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

7.5/10

I really loved this movie. I don't say that often but i think it's better than the first. Never read the book so can't say if it follows the book or not. My fan score would be between 8 and 8.5. But there's obvious flaws and there's too much of them. This serie could have been the new Star Wars but sadly the script is too much shallow and PG13esque.

You're Next (2011)

5.5/10

Had potential. That's it. Too much holes in the script the more the movie progress to worse it is.

The Way Way Back (2013)

7/10

Nice coming of age. Just nothing special but definately worth a watch if you like this kind of movies.

Winter's Bone (2010)

7/10

I'm still not sure if this movie was about a bunch of Aliens or Humans. Are rednecks really acting like this? If i had to deal with people that dumb and antisocial i would quickly lose it.

Noah

7/10

If you're going to scrutinize whether it follows the KJV Bible then you will be disappointed. If you are going to see it because it is a great story, great effects and great acting, then you will be pleased.

OldBoy

6/10

Concept was intriguing, acting superb, unexpected ending.  Nice ass kicking scenes.  Tarantino-ish plot directed by Spike Lee.

Josh Brolin goes into Jason Statham mode.